Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ANSI 3.1 Document Search

Author Topic: ANSI 3.1 Document Search  (Read 14039 times)

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
ANSI 3.1 Document Search
« on: Jul 25, 2012, 05:58 »
If the NRC requires nuclear power plant workers to meet certain criteria as defined by ANSI 3.1, why isn't this document readily accessible?  How do I get ahold of it without paying $70 out of pocket?

>:( >:(
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012, 06:02 by a|F »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: ANSI 3.1 Document Search
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2012, 06:16 »
If the NRC requires nuclear power plant workers to meet certain criteria as defined by ANSI 3.1, why isn't this document readily accessible?....

Because ANSI is a NFP industry organization and has to pay for it's keep.

.....How do I get ahold of it without paying $70 out of pocket?....

You don't, BUT, you might know somebody with a copy or your work facility may have a tech library which will have the standard in hard copy or by on-line subscription.

As far as the NRC goes start here;

http://pbadupws.nrc.gov/docs/ML0037/ML003706932.pdf

....This regulatory guide endorses ANSI/ANS-3.1-1993, “Selection, Qualification, and
Training of Personnel for Nuclear Power Plants,” with certain additions and exceptions that are listed in the Regulatory Position of this guide...

8)
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012, 06:21 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

HeavyD

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2012, 07:55 »
I know that our facility has a copy of all the applicable standards, that the station paid for.  Check with your Engineering or QA group.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2012, 10:14 »
It's not worth $70 to you.  The article listed here: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4395.msg28914.html#msg28914 is a good summary of what you probably need to know.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2012, 11:15 »
It's not worth $70 to you.  The article listed here: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4395.msg28914.html#msg28914 is a good summary of what you probably need to know.

For HP's ( i.e. Technicians ) pretty much, circa 1987,...

For others the ANSI has more current editions on the street and the NRC has their own additions and exceptions, and the OP is an operator (SRO or SRO candidate IIRC), the $70.00 would provide a better reference to put his reputation on the line with than an internet forum, that or the tech library where he works may also suffice,...

Besides, I thought you were already gone?!?!?!?  ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL [Flamer]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Chimera

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2012, 12:13 »
I know that our facility has a copy of all the applicable standards, that the station paid for.  Check with your Engineering or QA group.

Check with your Document Control Group.  They usually have a copy of everything with all its associated revisions.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?