Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bartlett Direct Depositing yet?  

Author Topic: Bartlett Direct Depositing yet?  (Read 13626 times)

HeatherB.

Bartlett Direct Depositing yet?
« on: Aug 13, 2012, 04:44 »
I'm going to be working for a different contracting company this Fall... wondering if Bartlett is doing direct deposit for paychecks yet? I hate to think I'm going to be having to mail hard checks home AGAIN.... sigh. Anybody know if they're on the technological bandwagon yet? (*Keeping fingers crossed)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Bartlett Direct Depositing yet?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:15 »
PM Eric - he always answers truthfully. Or call the office....
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:22 »
House dad has the best answer.  Here is my 2 cents:

When I last worked for them (many years ago), they did have direct deposit.  When they started direct deposit, they started with the longer term employees, then rolled it to employees that had worked for then many times.  -- I'm guessing that everyone gets it now.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:49 »
I'm going to be working for a different contracting company this Fall... wondering if Bartlett is doing direct deposit for paychecks yet? I hate to think I'm going to be having to mail hard checks home AGAIN.... sigh. Anybody know if they're on the technological bandwagon yet? (*Keeping fingers crossed)

I have no idea what BNI does anymore. And quite glad I don't have too, but. Why worry about BNI getting on the bandwagon? There are a number of banks that allow you to deposit your check via smart phone just by taking a picture of it. On the other hand if you're not smart enough for your phone, both Bank of America and Wells Fargo have branches on pretty much every corner in the nation. Moral of the story, change your bank if BNI doesn't meet your needs

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:32 »
Bartlett does have direct deposit for all employees.  And it picks up everytime you work for them.
It is what it is!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2012, 08:00 »
Bartlett does have direct deposit for all employees.  And it picks up everytime you work for them.

Thank you. +k

HeatherB.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2012, 01:01 »
Sweet! Thanks for the replies... this is always an easier platform to ask random questions.
 ;D

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2012, 07:09 »
When in doubt, Bartlett pays all their checks through Bank of America. Go to any of their branches and they will cash the check for you. This worked for me in January, in one of the rare times I needed to cash a hard check.

The Bartlett payroll department has always bent over backwards to help you with any special requests you may have also. I sound like a promo for Big Blue but when your money is always waiting in your account, why not applaud them?

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2012, 07:52 »
When in doubt, Bartlett pays all their checks through Bank of America. Go to any of their branches and they will cash the check for you. This worked for me in January, in one of the rare times I needed to cash a hard check.

The Bartlett payroll department has always bent over backwards to help you with any special requests you may have also. I sound like a promo for Big Blue but when your money is always waiting in your account, why not applaud them?

Let us not get too carried away with "always". Like I said it's been several years for me. But I rememberdays when BNI would mess up or lose your check, admit they f'd up. And then tell you they'll send you another check as long as you pay fedex charges. Well maybe it's me but that's a cost of doing business. You mess up you fix it. Don't nickel and dime your employees, your primary assest.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2012, 07:58 »
Having had many a Bartlett employee work for me, I never remember the office asking an employee to pay for shipping costs for anything.
LM

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2012, 09:10 »
All of their per diem and travel reimbursement checks are still hard cards.

Offline evchrny

• Lurker
« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2012, 10:59 »
dial 800-225-0385 , ask for payroll, say this; " do you guys direct deposit payroll checks?" that should help

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2012, 12:02 »
Payroll checks are direct deposit, no question.
Per diem checks are not, which is different from Atlantic.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2012, 03:21 »
Let us not get too carried away with "always". Like I said it's been several years for me. But I rememberdays when BNI would mess up or lose your check, admit they f'd up. And then tell you they'll send you another check as long as you pay fedex charges. Well maybe it's me but that's a cost of doing business. You mess up you fix it. Don't nickel and dime your employees, your primary assest.

Maybe just you Redline. After reading your recent posts, I don't think I'd go out of my way to be helpful to you.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2012, 03:38 »
Maybe just you Redline. After reading your recent posts, I don't think I'd go out of my way to be helpful to you.

Hey well I appreciate you anyway. Never happened to me. I have had some issues with paychecks over the years but no biggie really as I don't live paycheck to paycheck as many do.

I do hope BNI is doing a better job taking care of their people, you just wouldn't know it by listening in down at the breakroom.

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2012, 04:34 »
Payroll checks are direct deposit, no question.
Per diem checks are not, which is different from Atlantic.

Maybe it's just for Bartlett Services but direct deposit diem has been available for several months.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:11 »
Never happened to me.

Never happened to you?  Then it never really happened.  Please stick to the facts of what happened to you before you start repeating ghost stories or slandering others.

Don't stoop to the level of Harry Reid, ok?

HeatherB.

« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:58 »
Oh geeeez....

So much for just asking a simple question. You all are outta control.  :-\

Hard checks & getting them cashed is totally overrated. I don't need cash, I got a fantatic new-fangled debit card I need my earned payroll & per diem (AND travel pay, while we're at it) in my account to PAY bills with. And Bank of America doesn't exist everywhere, despite their misleading name. Direct Deposit should be an absolute given in this day & age. I'm a little discouraged I even had to ask such an archaic question.

But thanks for all the "helpful" answers & opinions. LOL!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2012, 07:03 »
every so many years, admittedly without a dog in the fight, folks just feel compelled to  [stir],...

I no longer have adog in the fight but I still can read, therefore I must also throw some flags.

...................I recall not only being ignored but told to shut my mouth or leave!

"Bartlett was the......

"Bartlett was the first company to introduce good, affordable health care" I have to agree, Bartlett HAD the best insurance in the industry, now however it just flat blows! Main reason I left BNI 5 years ago never to return!

There is no reason for Bartlett to be afraid of unionization. It's often a necessary evit when doing business. If technicians unionize BNI will......

But please Eric, don't claim NPUA is spreading falsehoods in the same breath as you spread your own and claim them as truths.

not that there's anything wrong with that  ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012, 07:12 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Chimera

« Reply #19 on: Aug 15, 2012, 12:19 »

Yes, Bartlett has direct deposit for pay checks.  I would suggest that you take a look around at your various work locations and see what bank you keep seeing over and over.  For me it was US Bank.  Anyway, I deposited my perdiem check in my "travel bank" and used its debit card to pay for everything while I was traveling.  That way, if something untoward happened while on the road, my primary bank account(s) were untouched and my paychecks were safe and sound.

HeatherB.

« Reply #20 on: Aug 15, 2012, 02:46 »
Ohhhh Chimera.... THAT was actually helpful. Bless you, chile.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Aug 15, 2012, 03:49 »
Maybe it's just for Bartlett Services but direct deposit diem has been available for several months.

I was told No. Maybe it has something to do with professional positions vs. field positions. Who knows? I agree with the earlier post: If you have to live check-to-check, you got more problems than finding a place to put your money.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?