Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO success test?  

Author Topic: SRO success test?  (Read 13701 times)

Offline Dexter--

• Very Lite User
SRO success test?
« on: Aug 15, 2012, 11:24 »
I've got an SRO candidate interview next week and they told me I'd be taking this new test called SRO Success, which is supposed to be pretty good at measuring one's chances of succeeding in the SRO license program. Has anyone else heard of this/taken this? If so what kinds of things are on it? The website from the developer of the test is pretty bare.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: SRO success test?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2012, 12:11 »
It sounds like the same thing FENOC does, "SRO for success." It employs a mechanical aptitude test, reading comprehension, general mathematics, psychology test, and a computer based nuclear power plant simulator. I guess it is spread over 3-4 days. They pay a contractor out of Texas, probably handsomely, to administer this.

I didn't have to do it since I already had a license, but judging by the quality of the candidates in my class, the bar can't be that high. Here is a link;

http://www.yourhrconsultant.com/SRO_2.htm

Good luck!

Justin

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Dexter--

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2012, 12:24 »
Oh okay that's about what I had figured, although this one I'm going in to is all in one day (they said the 'interview' process would be from morning 'til late afternoon). Thanks for the help

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2012, 09:52 »
I've got an SRO candidate interview next week and they told me I'd be taking this new test called SRO Success, which is supposed to be pretty good at measuring one's chances of succeeding in the SRO license program. Has anyone else heard of this/taken this? If so what kinds of things are on it? The website from the developer of the test is pretty bare.

If I wanted help, I'd give all the information I had, so that others could use that to determine how to help.  But I'm not the one that needs help. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2012, 11:23 »
If I wanted help, I'd give all the information I had, so that others could use that to determine how to help.  But I'm not the one that needs help. 

Yes, but no training program can be considered legit without a few failures.....  :P

MacGyver

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2012, 06:19 »

So "it's a new test" but it has a track record for determining "SRO success"?  So, all they did is take a three day test and turned it into a 1 day test?  Is this what I'm hearing?

If so then it sounds legit to me.  Because that is exactly how some departments treat their students in class now.   ;)

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2012, 09:57 »
Sounds like one of those crap tests where someone thinks you can test the ability to be a future leader.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2012, 10:58 »
Sounds like one of those crap tests where someone thinks you can test the ability to be a future leader.

Which, if the test was valid, would imply that being an SRO is inherent:P

Offline BKR-nuke

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2012, 12:09 »
I took the SRO Success test at an Entergy plant in July. It consisted of the things talked about above. The process started at about 8 in the morning and we finished up about 4 in the afternoon with a 1 hour lunch break. I'm not sure how I did on the testing, since they wont reveal your final scores, but i did get a job offer so I must've done ok. I talked to the HR rep administering the tests, she said they were doing these exams in all the Entergy plants but one, and that more and more companies were utilizing their services over the last couple years.

Offline jshinevar

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2012, 09:09 »
How did the test go?  I have one coming up the middle of September.  This is a dream opportunity for me and I would like to be adequately prepared.  I heard that there is a simulation part of the test that is on the computer where you are given a reactor or a pool and are thrown challenges to see how you respond and how well you learn from your mistakes.  Has anyone taken this test and have any recommendations on the best way to prepare?  There actually seems to be quite a shortage of information on this test.  I'm not going to lie, this is the opportunity of a lifetime for me.  Since I got out of the Navy I have been working at a Co-Gen power plant, and I look forward to the chance to get back into Nuclear Power.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2012, 11:27 »
How did the test go?  I have one coming up the middle of September.  This is a dream opportunity for me and I would like to be adequately prepared.  I heard that there is a simulation part of the test that is on the computer where you are given a reactor or a pool and are thrown challenges to see how you respond and how well you learn from your mistakes.  Has anyone taken this test and have any recommendations on the best way to prepare?  There actually seems to be quite a shortage of information on this test.  I'm not going to lie, this is the opportunity of a lifetime for me.  Since I got out of the Navy I have been working at a Co-Gen power plant, and I look forward to the chance to get back into Nuclear Power.

You are either born to be an SRO or not, nothing you can do to prepare for it.

You won't get more information than already posted. Candidates are typically instructed not to divulge information after the test. Copyrights and all.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?