Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Coy "RUSTY" Carter  

Author Topic: Coy "RUSTY" Carter  (Read 20193 times)

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
Coy "RUSTY" Carter
« on: Aug 17, 2012, 03:25 »
It is with a very sad heart that I must tell the community that Rusty is in CCU fighting for his life at this moment.
Two weeks ago he entered after his fiancee found him unconscious and unresponsive on the bedroom floor. He was taken to a local hospital and later transfered to a larger regional hospital in Knoxville,TN. Rusty has multiple organ failure including Kidneys(Sepsis) and Lungs (ARDS), and has been on a ventilator for two weeks. They removed the throat assembly and gave him a tracheotomy yesterday however he coded several times after that procedure but was brought back, and is still fighting.

ALL prayers for him and his family would be greatly appreciated.

FINNI
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
  • Game Back On, Hockey Rules
Re: Coy "RUSTY" Carter
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2012, 12:32 »
 :(
Oh Man, Rusty and I had some great times way back working for ARC.
Rusty keep fighting. Your in my Prayers.

slattmandu

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2012, 09:27 »
Hang in there Rusty we are all praying for you!

Offline radranger

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2012, 09:16 »
Can I get the name of the hospital please.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2012, 06:40 »
I have not seen Rusty in a long while, but I will keep him in my prayers. He was always a fun guy and a great worker.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2012, 08:53 »
thanks Pat
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2012, 09:18 »
Ah the ARC era at Cook. Seems like only yesterday I can still see Rusty in the man basket attempting to remove the excellent ARC strippable coating from the cavity walls. Fast Teddie personally guaranteed it would be easy to remove and would also seal the sand box covers at least as well as, probably better, than RTV. Neither turned out to be true. Oh well, drinks on the corporate card the following week when Frank(sweating profusely in wool suit) and Ted came up to visit and explain. Prayers to you brother, get them feet back on the ground, I know you still have things left to do.    Sincerely,   Steve McGuire

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2012, 08:07 »
Thanks Steve,
I hope this finds you in good repair.where are you hanging your hat these days?

I will print theses out and read them to Rusty in a day or two.

Thanks

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2012, 12:42 »
 :) ;) :D ;D  8) :P +K +K +K +K [thanks] [Dance]

Rusty, after 21 days in a coma suffered from medical problems and acute infection has AWAKENED.

he woke to the surprise of the nurses, Drs., and just about everyone else.
he is responsive and comunicable. he is not out of the woods yet but it is a GREAT BIG STEP.

Thanks for all the extra prayers to the MAN upstairs.

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2012, 11:11 »
949 views of this post. I didn't realize he had that many friends. Well what were 940 of you looking for, a NASCAR crash??????? WTF if you looked I assume that you knew Rusty. But only 9 people have responded. As far as I can see the rest of you can go F_CK off unless you have given prayer to your GOD and wanted to remain anonymous.
Now I know why we as a group of Highly trained and skilled professionals couldn't come together and form a union. Less that 1 % of you people were willing to perform the work for the other 99% who would receive the benefits. I am sorry, but if this post makes it to the board I am am highly disgruntled towards our chosen professional members.

OH, by the way, Rusty is BACK and is very thankful for the people who have chosen to respond on his behalf.

Gary P. Finnigan
498 Poplar Creek RD.
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
865-202-9731

I will be more than happy to discuss this with anyone willing to contact me.

God Bless you all.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2012, 01:24 by stirfry »
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

slattmandu

« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2012, 09:48 »
I knew Rusty would. beat this. Anyone that made it through. the political. environment of Cook back in the day is tough enough to beat some illness. Speedy recovery. and take care Rusty!        Jim (slatts) Slattery

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2012, 01:03 »
I met Rusty a long time back at Heather and Bryan Hatton's wedding. I am not sure they know of the illness, but will pass it along. Glad to hear he is feeling better. If anyone has contact information for him, please message me with it, so I can pass it on to Heather and Bryan.
Many hugs and prayers for a full recovery.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:51 »
GREAT NEWS!! ;D

I will continue to keep you in my prayers, my friend. So many memories, so long ago. Get better Rusty ;)

Thanks for posting Finni
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2012, 06:52 by PWHoppe »
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

SCMasterchef

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2012, 09:38 »
In response to Stirfry, not to long back I was reprimanded for a comment I made on a similar note so I felt obligated to comment.  I do not know Rusty, but as a member of the nuclear community I am always concerned of a fellow nukes well being.  I have followed this article since it came on line and am doing so to follow the progress of this gentleman.  I really do not appreciate the slam basting that the post reflects and am not doing so seeking a "NASCAR CRASH" I am simply following the progress as a concerned fellow nukeworker.  Thank you for your post I am sure it is well taken by rest of our community who appreciate your wisdom.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2012, 09:15 »
In response to Stirfry, not to long back I was reprimanded for a comment I made on a similar note so I felt obligated to comment.  I do not know Rusty, but as a member of the nuclear community I am always concerned of a fellow nukes well being.  I have followed this article since it came on line and am doing so to follow the progress of this gentleman.  I really do not appreciate the slam basting that the post reflects and am not doing so seeking a "NASCAR CRASH" I am simply following the progress as a concerned fellow nukeworker.  Thank you for your post I am sure it is well taken by rest of our community who appreciate your wisdom.

I am not sure as to what comment you were reprimanded for but I appreciate your concern for a fellow nuke.  As I mentioned in my post, "unless you have given prayer to your GOD and wanted to remain anonymous."

Perhaps that phrase saved me from reprimand, I really don't care. I also said if this makes it to the board so ..
enough said I am not here for a fight or argument.

Just that Rusty is awake,alive, and kicking.  He has a long row to hoe so please keep him in your prayers.

Thanks,

Stirfry

Gary Finnigan
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2012, 09:16 »
I'm with Masterchief. I don't know Rusty but was concerned for his health. I'm getting up in years and realize many of my coworkers are getting up there also. We're going to be losing some of us as the years go by. Being spanked for not commenting on a post is kinda harsh. Just because you are close to Rusty doesn't mean we don't care or that we're not concerned. If I don't have anything constructive to share, I tend to keep quiet. (Except for polysci) I tend to pray for all nukeworkers weekly so I wasn't too offended with the spank. I am grateful Rusty is doing better. It sounded quite touch and go there for a while.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2012, 07:18 »
I'm with Masterchief. I don't know Rusty but was concerned for his health. I'm getting up in years and realize many of my coworkers are getting up there also. We're going to be losing some of us as the years go by. Being spanked for not commenting on a post is kinda harsh. Just because you are close to Rusty doesn't mean we don't care or that we're not concerned. If I don't have anything constructive to share, I tend to keep quiet. (Except for polysci) I tend to pray for all nukeworkers weekly so I wasn't too offended with the spank. I am grateful Rusty is doing better. It sounded quite touch and go there for a while.

Thank you retread,

I appologize as I did when I wrote the post in question at the time. I was very frustrated after seeing one of my best friends flat line three times.  I was quite worked up while sitting at home contemplating and reflecting on life as it was a mere 9 months ago I lost another dear friend from our ranks.

A whole heartedly thank you all weather you posted or not, for any prayers sent his way.
God is Good.
Good health to all Nukeworkers.

Gary
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline Hoser

• Not just another..
  • Light User
  • CNS ROCKS !
« Reply #17 on: Aug 30, 2012, 01:03 »
Dammit bouy.. if this is the same Rusty who worked at MNS during the ole IRM dayzzz.. I am sorry to read about his health issues. I'll certainly keep him in my prayers. Thanx for the posting and sorry I didn't know if this till today.
Don

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #18 on: Sep 11, 2012, 02:37 »
Rusty is doing quite well. they are weening him slowly off of the ventilator for 30 mins at a time.
he is now able to talk with the help of a throat mic. He should have the second hose removed from his chest this week hopefully.

Thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts.

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Sep 11, 2012, 07:06 »
Finni,
    Great news. Thanks for the update. I'll keep the prayers flowing.

Offline curtis

• Industrial Hygienist/Sr. H.P.
  • Light User
« Reply #20 on: Sep 13, 2012, 07:33 »
As of yesterday afternoon, Rusty has been moved out of the Critical Care Unit and into a more normal room. As far as I know there are no "set" visiting schedules anymore, like there was in CCU.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog, if you cant eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #21 on: Sep 13, 2012, 11:31 »
no problem hollywood. I will give him a kiss for you tomorrow when I visit him... 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2012, 11:32 by stirfry »
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2012, 08:44 »
Hey Finni,
    Who is our boy doing? Can you give an update? Praying for the best. Thanks

Hollywood

Offline CJewell

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:46 »
Haven't seen Rusty since Mcguire in the late 80's hope he is continuing to improve.
Get well soonmy brother.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?