Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The NRRPT exam results are in and.....  

Author Topic: The NRRPT exam results are in and.....  (Read 8528 times)

Offline sjyu

• Light User
The NRRPT exam results are in and.....
« on: Aug 22, 2012, 07:03 »
I passed!!!!    [thanks] so much for your help.    I found the DOE core RCT study guides and NEU guides so incredibly helpful. Taking the practices tests on this site and using the practice CD that was available here. 

One question I don't know the answer is : if you have a fire for 16 minutes in a storage shed, what type of situation is it?  unusual event, alert, site emergency or general emergency.  I was thinking alert or site, nobody I work with knows the answer to this question.  As you can tell, I don't work in a NPP.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Re: The NRRPT exam results are in and.....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2012, 07:29 »
I  would  say  if  it  did not  involve Nuke  then  I  would  say  Unusual  event.  see    below, Levels of Emergency

The Notification of Unusual Event (NOUE) is the lowest NRC emergency action level and requires that the utility notify the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and the state emergency agency. The NUE indicates there is a degradation of safety systems, although not serious enough to warrant special activation of the utility emergency organization.

If we remember that nuclear plants are designed with 3 barriers - fuel clad, reactor cooling system piping and vessel, and the containment - between the radioactive materials in the fuel and the public, the remaining emergency classes are generally based on successive breach of those boundaries.

The alert generally indicates that one boundary has been potentially seriously degraded;
the site area emergency generally indicates two boundaries have been potentially seriously degraded;
the general emergency indicates all three barriers have been seriously degraded and that radioactive releases are occurring

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2012, 07:41 »
At HNP that would not result in an Emergency Action Level declaration.  The fire has to be in a structure containing Safe Shutdown Equipment and not extinguished in 15 minutes.  A "storage shed" doesn't contain that kind of equipment.

As far as the test goes, if those are the levels you are given for the test. Then the NOUE is the answer.
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline brielleg

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2017, 09:39 »
Where is the practice CD for the NRRPT available for purchase?

Offline gibbow

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2017, 07:12 »
I just found out that I passed the August 12th exam.

Besides the text books I have purchased over the years, I used the DataChem software to do practice tests. The pricing was different when I purchased a year ago, but it was a good study aid I believe. The exam questions were similar to those on the software.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 09:23 by gibbow »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2017, 07:57 »
I just found out that Passed the August 12th exam.

Besides the text books I have purchased over the years, I used the DataChem software to do practice tests. The pricing was different when I purchased a year ago, but it was a good study aid I believe. The exam questions were similar to those on the software.

Thank you for that feedback!

BamBam

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2017, 07:51 »
Two months of studying. I passed the NRRPT.  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?