Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

Radiation Related Tests (NUF, RCT NRRPT, CHP)

(1/5) > >>

Rennhack:
All posts about Radiation related tests NANTeL, NUF, NEU, RCT NRRPT, CHP, etc can be found in our Radiation safety section of the forum.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,251.0.html

Please read there first, and post your questions there.

balucero1905:
Hi, could anyone tell me if rctqs is considered for evaluation for taking the nrrpt? I have 46 months of experience and I have a AS in radiation protection, so I believe that counts for a year of experience. Also I did 6 months as a intern but not sure if that counts.  I would like to take it in February of 2015 but not sure if my time as a rct and my education will meet the 5 year requirement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chimera:
The basic qualification is 5 years of hands-on meter-swinging experience.  Education time counts - up to a point.  Go to the NRRPT.org web site, fill out the forms and submit them.  They will let you know if you are lacking anything although, based on your description of your past work, you shouldn't have any problems.  If you know an NRRPT member, ask them while they sign your forms.

Wlrun3:
Four years as an RCT and an associate of science degree in radiation protection certainly qualifies you for acceptance to take the exam.

When you are accepted to take the exam come back to this forum and I will describe the most effective preparation strategy.

Congratulations on your decision to pursue registration.

And thank you Chimera for your consistent concern and assistance for your fellow technicians.

As I recall you're coming up on 40 years. Hopefully, in the words of an old Marine Corps slogan, they still make them the way they used to.

Chimera:

--- Quote from: Wlrun3 on Sep 10, 2014, 02:49 ---Four years as an RCT and an associate of science degree in radiation protection certainly qualifies you for acceptance to take the exam.

When you are accepted to take the exam come back to this forum and I will describe the most effective preparation strategy.

Congratulations on your decision to pursue registration.

And thank you Chimera for your consistent concern and assistance for your fellow technicians.

As I recall you're coming up on 40 years. Hopefully, in the words of an old Marine Corps slogan, they still make them the way they used to.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, my first commercial outage was at Maine Yankee in 1974.  And I've managed to successfully pass the NRRPT exam twice - in 1981 and again in 2009 to get my active status back after working for an engineering outfit in South Carolina for about five years.  I will support anyone who is striving to take that exam and have helped many Techs in the past prepare for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version