Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiation Related Tests (NUF, RCT NRRPT, CHP)

Author Topic: Radiation Related Tests (NUF, RCT NRRPT, CHP)  (Read 19891 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Radiation Related Tests (NUF, RCT NRRPT, CHP)
« on: Aug 30, 2012, 07:10 »
All posts about Radiation related tests NANTeL, NUF, NEU, RCT NRRPT, CHP, etc can be found in our Radiation safety section of the forum.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,251.0.html

Please read there first, and post your questions there.

Offline balucero1905

• Very Lite User
Re: Radiation Related Tests (NUF, RCT NRRPT, CHP)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2014, 11:19 »
Hi, could anyone tell me if rctqs is considered for evaluation for taking the nrrpt? I have 46 months of experience and I have a AS in radiation protection, so I believe that counts for a year of experience. Also I did 6 months as a intern but not sure if that counts.  I would like to take it in February of 2015 but not sure if my time as a rct and my education will meet the 5 year requirement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chimera

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2014, 06:41 »
The basic qualification is 5 years of hands-on meter-swinging experience.  Education time counts - up to a point.  Go to the NRRPT.org web site, fill out the forms and submit them.  They will let you know if you are lacking anything although, based on your description of your past work, you shouldn't have any problems.  If you know an NRRPT member, ask them while they sign your forms.

Wlrun3

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2014, 02:49 »
Four years as an RCT and an associate of science degree in radiation protection certainly qualifies you for acceptance to take the exam.

When you are accepted to take the exam come back to this forum and I will describe the most effective preparation strategy.

Congratulations on your decision to pursue registration.

And thank you Chimera for your consistent concern and assistance for your fellow technicians.

As I recall you're coming up on 40 years. Hopefully, in the words of an old Marine Corps slogan, they still make them the way they used to.

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2014, 06:48 »
Four years as an RCT and an associate of science degree in radiation protection certainly qualifies you for acceptance to take the exam.

When you are accepted to take the exam come back to this forum and I will describe the most effective preparation strategy.

Congratulations on your decision to pursue registration.

And thank you Chimera for your consistent concern and assistance for your fellow technicians.

As I recall you're coming up on 40 years. Hopefully, in the words of an old Marine Corps slogan, they still make them the way they used to.

Yeah, my first commercial outage was at Maine Yankee in 1974.  And I've managed to successfully pass the NRRPT exam twice - in 1981 and again in 2009 to get my active status back after working for an engineering outfit in South Carolina for about five years.  I will support anyone who is striving to take that exam and have helped many Techs in the past prepare for it.

Offline zwarnken

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2015, 06:31 »
I am living in South Korea and I need to take the Nuf test this spring.  What are my options?  Is there an online version or a place in Asia I can take the test?  If not, where can I fly back to to take the test?  Thanks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2015, 08:14 »
The NUF test is taken online, via nantel, proctored by a nantel proctor.  (Those proctors are at US Nuclear plants).

Why do you think you need it in Korea?

Offline zwarnken

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2015, 06:17 »
I am teaching at an international school in Korea.  My family and I are going back to the states and I am looking to becoming a road tech.  I use to work at hanford, and I have a cousin who is a road tech now.  I want to take the test to see if I can get a job.  I need to know before I get back in June, because I will need to get a teaching jobs if I can not work on the road.

Offline zwarnken

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2015, 06:18 »
Can I take the test at Hanford?  If so, do I have to schedule the test?

Thanks

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2015, 07:36 »
just take the nukeworker tests until you get 100s then you will be ready with minimal study time.  it isn't unheard of for a utility to allow someone to take the NUF early but it is usually because they have already worked there and know the training people very well.  its not normal.  you would probably have to know someone.  nantel has it online but I don't know how you could get access to it without being at a commercial nuclear training site.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:09 »
I am living in South Korea and I need to take the Nuf test this spring.  What are my options?  Is there an online version or a place in Asia I can take the test?  If not, where can I fly back to to take the test?  Thanks
if yew worked as an hp Tec at Hanford, got the Nukeworker.com cram notes. call the big job shoppers, d&z oar bhi, and find an outage.  take and pass the test, enjoy yore knew career.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline zwarnken

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2016, 01:10 »
Thanks for your response. I worked at Hanford for almost five years. I received my hp degree from eastern Idaho tech college.  I have teaching math and Pe for the last 17 years.  I want to return to the states from Korea in February to take the nuf test. I am not sure how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2016, 09:09 »
call the job shops, bhi or d&z.get a job at an outage. report to the site. take the test when scheduled. go to work.
knot rock it psy ence.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Cyberfind

• Very Lite User
NUF Test
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2016, 01:39 »
I purchased latest NUF Cram book. I signed up as a Gold Member. I took the NUF test over 40 times. As I got to a point where I averaged in high 90's I obtained a proctor and took the test. I got a 94 on the test.  The system works.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2016, 11:42 by Cyberfind »

Chimera

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2016, 07:58 »
Ain't no substitute for studying.  Good job!

Offline joneszina

• Lurker
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34 »
Can somebody answer me why the page here says:
"Free online     NRRPT  practice test
 The NukeWorker.com online practice tests are meant to assist people studying to take the NRRPT exam it provides a small database of questions similar in technical content to the actual exams. The questions are multiple choice with the correct answer given when wrong. "

But actually you have to pay in order to do practice tests?

Thank you.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 08:08 »
The Practice tests were free in the past.  When we migrated servers, the software stopped working. We needed to raise some cash to pay the programmers to fix it.  Our options were no practice tests, or charge for them.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 11:33 »
Has anyone taken and passed the CHP tests recently? Looking at DataChem Software and Colorado State and Dade Moeller for prep and of course the Nukeworker tests. Any help?

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 11:44 »
Colorado State prep stuff is always solid.

Offline jfarmer9999

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2020, 09:12 »
Mr. Forum Admin,

How many questions are in the NRRPT practice test data base that NukeWorker offers?

Thks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2020, 10:32 »
How many questions are in the NRRPT practice test data base that NukeWorker offers?

Currently there are 523 questions in the NRRPT database, broken down by category below.  I may supplement that in the future if there is interest.  There are 1,182 questions in total, in our database.  Most of which may be accessed by the "RP Challenge" quiz.

General NRRPT Category   50
Physical Sciences   53
Nuclear Physics   24
Sources of Radiation   17
Radioactivity and Radioactive Decay   78
Interactions of Radiation with Matter   47
Biological Effects of Radiation   49
Radiological Protection Standards   15
ALARA   26
External Exposure Control   60
Internal Exposure Control   46
Radiation Detector Theory   58

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?