Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite Site Coordinators

Poll

My Favorite Site Coordinator from the past.

Brian Clow
24 (16.9%)
Ed Carl
26 (18.3%)
Denise Leisure
23 (16.2%)
Butch Byrd
20 (14.1%)
Doug McBride
16 (11.3%)
Marty Erickson
33 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Favorite Site Coordinators  (Read 243363 times)

CoastalCaptainJack

Re: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #175 on: Apr 03, 2008, 07:51 »
If you talk to him, ask him about his down hill skiing experiences with Tim and his other room mate at Cook last year.

Yeah!  Is that what they called it.  The "down hill" skiing experience?  Which roommate would that be the blond, brunnette, or red head (out of the bottle)? LOL  They did have fun with the "down hill" skiing experience. LOL

Offline FrankyJack

• Very Lite User
  • Closing Time
« Reply #176 on: Apr 09, 2008, 10:49 »
no one mentioned bruce cuevas so i will...  IRM,..   gave me more stuff than any other SC..    i was house at the time so i wasn't working for him and he wasn't the SC at the time (the stuff was all items he had rat-holed from when he was a coordinator) but it still made him my favorite SC...   besides, he had more magic tricks than anyone else i ever met...   (by the way, i still have and use the IRM sport bag he gave me)
If they wanted it done right, they'd do it different..

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #177 on: Apr 17, 2008, 07:15 »
I'm not reading all the posts again, but if no one mentioned Ron nurney i will.  he is great!  thanks for all the help ron.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #178 on: Apr 17, 2008, 08:45 »
I'll second for Ron Nurney.He is the best!
He went over and above to help out the brazilian techs and welcome them ,that came to this country to work the outage.
I thank him for that.
Most site cords would not have bent over backwards to help these tech,but he did.
He didn't get any help from the upper HP management at Cooper.
Some management wanted them gone with out even meeting them.Because they were worried that their english may not be quite up to par.
When they flew 6k mile to help them out and do their outage at a plant that no one seems to want to go to,now I know why.

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #179 on: Apr 17, 2008, 10:49 »
I worked with Ron Nurney as a fellow tech not yet as a site coordinator. He is a good person, friend, and technician. He will never look at you and lie to your face like others. Hey Ron Nurney, try to getting more Nuke plans in the future. Laurie

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #180 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:11 »
Today there are very few ‘real’ site coordinators left.  Barry, Ron and a few others are a dying breed.  Most today are nothing more than a glorified secretary with no real HP experience.  I’m on day 2 at VC Summer and was introduced to our Bartlett management team for the first time by the RPM during his outage expectation meeting at the end of the day.  This seems to be the trend Bartlett has been following for the past few years.

Not such a new concept, Bartlett had a Jr. tech for a Site Coordinator in the early 80s at Calvert. He came in dressed in a nice shirt and slacks then after taking care of business changed to jeans and a T-shirt to do a little decon. He was not so much a manager as an administrator. Seemed to work OK to me, but then access to the home office was very good back then.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #181 on: Apr 23, 2008, 11:16 »
Today there are very few ‘real’ site coordinators left.  Barry, Ron and a few others are a dying breed.  Most today are nothing more than a glorified secretary with no real HP experience.  I’m on day 2 at VC Summer and was introduced to our Bartlett management team for the first time by the RPM during his outage expectation meeting at the end of the day.  This seems to be the trend Bartlett has been following for the past few years.

At Crystal River in 1981 Charlie Pierce (owner/founder of Numanco) appointed a junior tech to be site coordinator with the reasoning of 'why should I waste a good senior tech to do administrative work?" The junior made a great site-coordinator (for one, he didn't think he was better than all the techs that worked for him). At the meeting prior to the outage (food and drinks in abundance) Charlie gave me one of the best compliments I ever got as a tech. He had me, Max Moon (at the time he was working on his PhD in Health Physics and was working as a tech) and DJ Richards stand up. Then he said "If you have any questions about your pay, perdiem or any other office issues, ask Jerry (the site coordinator). If you have a technical HP question ask one of these three guys standing up. If they can't answer your question, you don't need to know."

So, it not only is not a new concept, it is a very smart way of doing business.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2008, 11:07 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #182 on: Apr 23, 2008, 08:14 »
What is a Site Coordinator? Has anyone seen a coordinated site since deregulation?

LaFeet

« Reply #183 on: Apr 24, 2008, 06:26 »
What is a Site Coordinator? Has anyone seen a coordinated site since deregulation?

You silly man... how are you and Jan doing ???

go.nukes

« Reply #184 on: Jun 11, 2009, 01:55 »
Dane McKay, Doug McBride and Pat Hoppe get my vote.

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
« Reply #185 on: Jun 11, 2009, 09:27 »
Frank Hamaker...."son!"

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #186 on: Jun 11, 2009, 09:44 »
Kathy Smith, until they made her stop showering with the guys.

Scotty, when he owned his own bar.

Dean, after his return flights from Texas.

Bill Clarke on the 4th on July.

Don Feddern, always.

Worse- I2 and Marty. (Bruce, what were you thinking!)

That is NOT Marty E. My apologies for anyone who has mistaken him for a wingnut.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009, 03:43 by namlive »
No one gets out alive.

vinman

« Reply #187 on: Jun 12, 2009, 02:53 »
Vinnie and I both have worked with Wayne Mandrell... Vinnie more than I but Wayne was ALWAYS caring about people who worked with him no problem  or situation  you might have was NEVER unimportant to him. Although we haven't seen THEM  In quite sometime he and Mandy (NO MATTER WHAT )  are still dear
 to us..   And as the question was is he  good to work for/with... yes.

vinman

« Reply #188 on: Jun 12, 2009, 03:28 »
 I think our favorite IS PHIL DUVALL from North Anna.. No matter if  u knew  him a long time or u just met him Phil ALWAYS treated like u were a part of his family. Even during non outage when we were home he would call just to see how u were and at NA  no matter what the situation was it was handled by Phil like it was the most important thing.  After Phils TRAGIC Death we returned once to NA and let me just say this... Although  some VP and some Bartlett  techs like these  Mike Bradley, Mike Young, Jessie Johnson, Raybo, A. Cooke,R Pace.. Were WONDERFUL to us IT
 was not the same  where Phil was concerned.... And we haven't been back. 

vinman

« Reply #189 on: Jun 12, 2009, 03:37 »
Us again...lol Also ranking up there near Phil D. Are Joey Crider and Wayne Mandrell!! ( both are a lot like Phil.)

vinman

« Reply #190 on: Jun 12, 2009, 04:01 »
AND AGAIN...LOL looking at some of yalls picks are taking us down memory lane... Larry Werner.... GREAT person (Even though he use to be a gators fan lol) Just an old personal joke between us and Larry.. NOTHING PERSONAL gators fans :o)!! ALSO Ted Maine another GREAT one to work for ( Lori has taught him well!!  ;o)

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #191 on: Jun 18, 2009, 11:09 »
Frank Hamaker...."son!"

I think your post got cut off so I will finish the quote. In all caps because that is what Frank would want!

"YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS BUSINESS AGAIN!!!"
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #192 on: Jun 19, 2009, 03:32 »
Craig Bundy @ Ginna in 2002.
Don Mothena @ Monticello 1980.
Al Christiansen @ Duane Arnold 1985.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

vinman

« Reply #193 on: Jul 01, 2009, 06:38 »
ALOT OF GOOD ones out there but only a few GREAT ones and I have to say Phil Duvall was at the TOP of the GREAT pile... Vinman

diliigaf

« Reply #194 on: Jul 02, 2009, 02:56 »

That is a short list there are several more that should be on there... Omar Ogelsby, Catfish, Pete Mcallister Sr. and several more that have been left off this list.... ::)

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #195 on: Jul 03, 2009, 08:49 »
Jim "Jamesable" Radosevich. Stephen "Lear Jet" Lehrer. Vintage years at the Cook. 85-90.

mkruse

« Reply #196 on: Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 »
Dale pittman,joey crider,bill breen,jim price

DTOD

« Reply #197 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:34 »
I worked a lot of outages in the early 80's for IRM, DNI, Numanco and Bartlett. I was new in the business and I can't say that I spent too much time mentally grading the performance of the Site Coordinators, but the ones who stood out as "most memorable" - one for good reasons and one for bad, were Bernie Barker and Joe Worley.

Anyways, my story is that after 24 years working long term for DOE contractors I "retired" and thought it would be interesting to go work an outage again. Bartlett was kind enough to hook me up with a spot at Fermi last Spring and with a lot of self re-orienting I think I managed to be a SHPT/SRCT/SRPT without humiliating myself too much.

One of the hundreds of little things that had changed (mostly for the worse in my opinion) since the "old days" was that the Site Coordinators were expected to work in the plant like any other tech and do whatever coordinating they needed to do as a secondary priority. I was assigned to the day shift dry well crew and one of the other members of this crew was Kirtland Young who also was the DZ Atlantic Site Coordinator. Anybody who has ever worked on a dry well crew knows that good techs relieve others on time or early, give brief but accurate turnover, and put equipment where it can be found. Kirtland is the kind of tech who does these things and it wasn't until the outage was half over before I found out that he was a Coordinator. The only time I ever saw him miss a turn in the well was once when he was out getting sandwiches for the whole department. I don't know who the best all time Coordinator was, but if I was trying to staff outages, I would sure have Kirtland on my speed dial.   

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #198 on: Feb 22, 2013, 11:27 »
faxes in the travel forms the same day or day after so we get our travel in a week. I truly don't care if I like them or not as long as I get my check on time, correct and in my hand.
Dave Hutton for a brief time did Big Rock (when still operating), met us in the parking lot with 2 checks (travel pay calculated from the higher of your home or last outage and advance Per Diem.) If you didn't need the advance Diem he simply put it into his pocket and returned it to the company. The travel pay was always the largest amount that could be gotten for you and was always correct (for me anyway). He also gave me a jar of his salsa..... I am to this day hooked on good salsa.

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline cmumess

• Lurker
« Reply #199 on: Dec 05, 2023, 11:39 »
Wanted to give a shout out to Todd Mobley. He was listed here years back as a favorite. He has passed. Todd was a dear friend, great person and best HP! His bitch wife is not having a service or any thing. The folks at his company now including his son Keith are a mess over this. Please take care or your self and keep Keith and his young family in your prayers.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2023, 07:28 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?