Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Studying To Work In Confined Spaces honeypot

Author Topic: Studying To Work In Confined Spaces  (Read 5721 times)

Offline HARRISRS1004

• Lurker
Studying To Work In Confined Spaces
« on: Sep 06, 2012, 12:06 »
Does anyone know how to possibly access the Nantel website to do studying for Confined Spaces? last year when in testing an instructor gave me the access code to get in and study this, but this year I can't seem to access it with this code anymore. the same instructor claimed he didn't know how to access the website anymore since he wouldn't be the one giving the tests this year, I really need to get in there to do some studying for an upcoming outage. if anyone else here have worked in Confined Spaces and have study these tests Please let me know!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Studying To Work In Confined Spaces
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2012, 01:23 »
You should be working with a registered Proctor for this. Don't try to do anything that would jeopardize the system.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2012, 02:55 »
You should not need a proctor to study. The proctor is only needed when you are taking the test -- the test will not start without a registered proctor's login. The organization you are going to be testing for should be able to set you up with a login access. As a matter of fact, they should be happy to help since it saves them time (and computer resources) when you study somewhere else. You need to contact a NANTeL Administrator, not a proctor, to gain access.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2012, 02:29 »
We offer Confined Space Training online for $20.

https://secure2.360training.com/vu3/index.cfm?event=asvHome&asvID=22550&cid=1140

I know its not exactly what you were asking about... but it would get you ready.  OSHA standards are the same everywhere.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2012, 02:31 by Rennhack »

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2012, 10:23 »
You should not need a proctor to study. The proctor is only needed when you are taking the test -- the test will not start without a registered proctor's login. The organization you are going to be testing for should be able to set you up with a login access. As a matter of fact, they should be happy to help since it saves them time (and computer resources) when you study somewhere else. You need to contact a NANTeL Administrator, not a proctor, to gain access.

You are correct, I misspoke. An Administrator is what I meant. I do know that NANTeL went through a lot of changes from last year to this year. My company's Administrator has been working through these since the first of the year. My intended advice was that the OP should be seeking the help they need through the company they are expecting to work for.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2012, 03:48 »
Does anyone know how to possibly access the Nantel website to do studying for Confined Spaces? last year when in testing an instructor gave me the access code to get in and study this, but this year I can't seem to access it with this code anymore. the same instructor claimed he didn't know how to access the website anymore since he wouldn't be the one giving the tests this year, I really need to get in there to do some studying for an upcoming outage. if anyone else here have worked in Confined Spaces and have study these tests Please let me know!
https://www.nantel.org/Saba/Web/Main
Your login username may have been something like har100490a or thereabouts, where "har" would be the first three letters of your last name and the numbers were your birthday in DDMMYY format. 
Your new user name would be HARRISRS1004, assuming that your name is R. S. Harris, and Oct, 4 is your birthday.  I'm just guessing here.  To reset your password, click the "reset password" link.  You will need to know both usernames for the switch.
But, once again, Roger is right.  If an admin hasn't registered you for a course, it won't show up on your curriculum.  If you can get an admin to do that for you, well you probably don't need my advice in that case.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2012, 04:01 by Already Gone »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?