Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Electrician E-6/EWS/6 yrs in getting out looking for advice

Author Topic: Electrician E-6/EWS/6 yrs in getting out looking for advice  (Read 4272 times)

Offline MJ86

• Lurker
Hello, my EAOS is in Feb, I should be on terminal leave in January. I have not been qualified EWS for >2 years so my plan is NLO>RO>SRO but at the same time I am interested in pursuing a degree in nuclear engineering. My question is are there any plants that have programs for getting engineering degrees? Or does anyone know of plants where I could pursue my career while pursuing an engineering degree at a nearby college? I am okay with working full time and going to school part or full time. I know it will be difficult but I really enjoy this stuff! Thank you for your time.

-Michael

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Pilgrim, Seabrook - Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Shearon Harris - North Carolina State University

Watts Bar Nuclear Power Plant - University of Tennessee--Knoxville

there's four,....

it's not that hard to find 'em,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Beaver Valley. Pitt.

Most utilities have some sort of tuition assistance, but it usually involves you paying out of pocket first, then getting reimbursed.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline MJ86

• Lurker
Thank you for your time. Tried looking for them myself first, guess I will have to be a little more patient and try harder.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?