Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Transcript Problem

Author Topic: Transcript Problem  (Read 5851 times)

alexwf

Transcript Problem
« on: Oct 06, 2012, 11:39 »
I scored a 98 on the ASVAB and according to the AFQT I passed the NUC qualification mark with a 256. However, my recruiter was telling me though that my High School transcripts wouldn't allow me into the nuclear field since the majority of my high school years I screwed around and my grades suffered because of it. I'm in my senior year currently, taking pretty much all of the Honors and AP classes that are available with the motivation to actually succeed this time around.

I'm definitely going to be getting my diploma and graduating, but I was wondering if the scrutiny on that fact was due to the Navy not needing many Nukes at this time even if I was only a point off from auto-qualification, and if there was any way I could somehow still get into the Nuclear program before my ship date (Aug 27th).

Thanks!

DSO

Re: Transcript Problem
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2012, 01:21 »
Algebra grades?

alexwf

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2012, 07:23 »
Algebra grades?

I failed the class my previous years, but I took it again this year for the extra math credits (taking AP calculus for my real math class). I don't know if they'll accept the grade this year though is my worry, but it's not a difficult class and I can easily excel in it.

Offline modex

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2014, 04:35 »
I barely graduated high school, but near-perfect asvab and nuke test got me in just fine. This was in 2001.

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:45 »
However, my recruiter was telling me though that my High School transcripts wouldn't allow me into the nuclear field since the majority of my high school years I screwed around and my grades suffered because of it.

Wow!  If the Navy recruiter had looked at my high school transcript back in 1966, they might not have let me out of high school let alone get into their nuclear program as an ET/RO.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 10:21 »
Wow!  If the Navy recruiter had looked at my high school transcript back in 1966, they might not have let me out of high school let alone get into their nuclear program as an ET/RO.

Much easier to bring someone into the pipeline when there are places to put you if you washout. A Navy of just over 200 ships has tighter manpower management than a 600 ship fleet. Like Modex my high school grades were just average with high grades in what I was interested in and low were I was uninterested but my GCT/ARI scores (the ASVAB of 1970) were very high.

"Needs of the Navy"  [coffee]

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?