Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jr. HP Travel / Contracting honeypot

Author Topic: Jr. HP Travel / Contracting  (Read 9842 times)

Mattmoser

Jr. HP Travel / Contracting
« on: Oct 08, 2012, 04:06 »
I am fairly new to nuke and will be INPO qualified as a Jr. HP in the next 2 months.  I am looking to work the biannual outages locally in
AZ as well as picking up one to two outages traveling throughout the year.  Does anyone have some solid suggestions on securing non returnee contracts and braking into the industry to gain this experience?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Jr. HP Travel / Contracting
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2012, 05:03 »
I am fairly new to nuke and will be INPO qualified as a Jr. HP in the next 2 months.  I am looking to work the biannual outages locally in
AZ as well as picking up one to two outages traveling throughout the year.  Does anyone have some solid suggestions on securing non returnee contracts and braking into the industry to gain this experience?

OK, this is my spoon feeding of the week...

These are the 2 big contracting companies:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,35401.0.html - keyword Atlantic wish list
https://outagelist.bartlettinc.com/outage/php/outage.php - I know Bartlett

There is no such thing as INPO qualified Jr RP tech... read this:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4395.0.html - Keyword RP experience

Here is info on the site in AZ
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,13421.0.html -keyword Palo Verde

Look around on the NW site - lots of info here...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2012, 11:41 »
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,10706.0.html
Tips for the traveling nukeworker.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,16263.0.html
ten things every new senior should know. still some good tips for new jrs

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,25963.0.html
Getting in FAQs

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012, 11:42 by Smart People »
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2012, 05:11 »
There must be something going on.
Two helpful responses that are free from the browbeatings.

You jinxed it.

radbrat

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2012, 05:37 »
"and braking into the industry"

Kind of like brehmstralung radiation...but not.

nsz8

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2012, 10:49 »
My suggestion to get work... Call these numbers and call them often:

(800)225-0385 - Bartlett
(888)488-0880 - DZ Atlantic

Not saying one is better then the other, but the one that pays you in any given season is your best friend. I'd also suggest that you be willing to take anything they offer you, if you can swing the it.

Good luck. Ask Questions. Don't be a know it all.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2012, 11:58 »
It restores my faith in the forum.

Every now and then there is a plea for help that does not raise hackels that want to say, "There is a search function"!  

nsz8 follow these instructions:

My suggestion to get work... Call these numbers and call them often:

(800)225-0385 - Bartlett
(888)488-0880 - DZ Atlantic

Good luck. Ask Questions. Don't be a know it all.  

And whoever told you that you would be qualified as an INPO Qualified Jr Tech, does not know a 'rock from a hard place'!  Most of us will help!
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2012, 12:11 by OldHP »
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2012, 07:39 »
....And whoever told you that you would be qualified as an INPO Qualified Jr Tech, does not know a 'rock from a hard place'!  Most of us will help!

I might think more like confusion between INPO and the conversations following NEI 06-13,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2012, 09:16 »

It restores my faith in the forum.

Seemed like an honest question from someone not claiming to be the next gift to nuke.

Sometimes our many years of experience with this forum can help nubies faster than their own search labors. We know what to look for since we probably posted in those threads ourselves.

To the OP; let us know we are not speaking into the wind.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2012, 12:33 »

Matt - are you not currently onsite at Palo right now with BNI?  If you are the same one that is on site i would recommend talking to your Site Coordinator about returning in the future as a JHP tech.  Let me know how it goes.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline maerki

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2012, 04:59 »
Hey everyone I am having the same problem getting started as a jr. HP I graduated roane state community college in april and since then I have submited around 150 resumes and have not had a hit on one yet and now I am working as a permit insulater at watts bar and I have talked to everyone there that I know and seems like nothing is going the right way any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2012, 07:59 »

Sometimes our many years of experience with this forum can help nubies faster than their own search labors. We know what to look for since we probably posted in those threads ourselves.

:)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Mattmoser

« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2012, 01:34 »
Thanks for your suggestions everyone.  My main goal is to obtain an inhouse position as an RP, but I realize that 2-3 years of experience is normally necessary to do so.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?