Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EMC being denuked options? honeypot

Author Topic: EMC being denuked options?  (Read 7340 times)

Offline toweldazer

• Very Lite User
EMC being denuked options?
« on: Oct 16, 2012, 09:32 »
So I am a 12 year EMC (EWS/EDPO) 8years sea time, and I am being denuked for having knowledge of exam compromising, I don't have my BS but I do have an associate's in EET is there any chance of getting in a civilian plant or what are my best options, any advice is greatly appreciated, because the denuking will probably lead to my separation due to not being able to convert to another rate...thanks

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
Re: EMC being denuked options?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2012, 10:13 »
You are in a tough spot and are starting out in a big hole.  Your only chance is full disclosure... What you learned from the mistake and what you are doing to make sure it never happens again.

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:06 »
SO............... You compromised an exam yet you want into an industry that gives MORE exams than the Navy does?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:39 »
I think I hear the valves being turned to pump SAN2 overboard.....  :P

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2012, 01:29 »
How often are NLOs and LOs given written exams, provided said operators are fully qualified/not in an initial class?

On a 6-week shift rotation, a typical LO would get one written exam during requal training, right? As well as simulator sessions.

Seems the Navy doles out a lot more exams. Why they do that, I have no idea.

Offline toweldazer

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:11 »
OK let me elaborate on this a little bit, so I was the LCPO of the division and what was happening was nothing different that what happens on the boat, a list of study topics was being given to the students by my instructors(no actual answers or questions, just topics) this is not out of the ordinary for the boat we used to post study topics outside maneuvering or the crews mess all the time before a department exam, but apparently at a training command this is highly frowned upon.  So my instructors took a hit and were trained on effective teaching but they couldn't remove a whole division of instructors so I took the bullet for being the senior man in charge(that is just speculation, but the only logical reason to me), and of course the division officer has no knowledge of this whatsoever...I did not deny anything when asked I came forward and told them everything because I did not see this as an issue.  My integrity has never been in question, never had any masts or anything before, I have had a great 12 year career so far (JSOY, SOY, CSS-17 SOQ, CAP to PO1, 6 NAMS and a COM) and it is all out the window now, but I need to move on from here because I have a family to support so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MacGyver

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:45 »
Another of the Nav's finer moments (eg one day it's okay and the next day its not).  Not really!

TD,

Don't worry about an interview, your answer is more than understandable and believable.

As a side note:  Our boat / era of the navy never allowed study topics for any test to be printed and posted,,,, maybe it was harder to chisel things in stone back then ...  ;) :P

Offline toweldazer

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2012, 10:05 »
I don't have my BS, but I do have an Associates Degree in EET, but I am getting enrolled now to finish my BS, but I need to get my foot in the door somewhere first, so what would be good reccommendations for positions to apply for?  thanks

MacGyver

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2012, 10:13 »
I don't have my BS, but I do have an Associates Degree in EET, but I am getting enrolled now to finish my BS, but I need to get my foot in the door somewhere first, so what would be good reccommendations for positions to apply for?  thanks

I have a BS and an AS (and of course Nav Nuke MM Subs).  I started as a NLO/AUO.  Best job on plant sight most places.  Pays fine for the work done.  And, you can upgrade to other positions as necessary or required.

If your heart is set on Ops (normally a Union position),,, go that route (ie Non-Licensed Operator).  If not then look at Planner (normally non-union positions).

You will have to look at each utility you are interested in separately.  Don't forget that there are other jobs outside of Nuclear that you are abundantly qualified for in addition to nuclear.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2012, 10:15 by MacGyver »

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2012, 10:44 »
I don't have my BS, but I do have an Associates Degree in EET, but I am getting enrolled now to finish my BS, but I need to get my foot in the door somewhere first, so what would be good reccommendations for positions to apply for?  thanks

The obivouse ones are Operations, Ops Training and Electrical Maintenance (laughs).  If you are asking about specific openings, go to the companies websites.  If you are not set on one area of the country you have a better chance. 

www.entergy.com is one... Look for the careers link.

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:12 »
Sounds ok unless you had preexisting knowledge of the exam or there is a reg prohibiting what you did.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?