Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Duke Energy

Author Topic: Duke Energy  (Read 18642 times)

pole 53

Duke Energy
« on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:02 »
Has anyone applied to and heard back from Duke Energy for RO jobs starting early 2013?

Offline darks1d3

• Lurker
Re: Duke Energy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:44 »
Yes, heard back definitively last week. I had already passed the POSS, so they were able to look up my scores and I'm flying down to interview early next week.

Offline nukeish

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2012, 12:02 »
Yeah.  I interviewed yesterday.  I think it went well.

Offline Stewart

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2012, 04:15 »
Interviewed on Thursday.  Also thought it went well.  How many openings at McGuire?  Wonder how many interviews were taking place?  I was told offers would go out by the first or second week of December. 

Offline racerx

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2012, 09:33 »
Interviewed on the 6th for a NEO position... thought it went great. I was the 4th person to interview at Oconee, I believe he said he had about 40 people to interview.

Offline nukeish

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2012, 05:28 »
I believe they told me 15 openings at Mcguire.  Not sure how many people they are interviewing.  I also was told, that I should hear something by the first or second week of December.

Offline Stewart

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:43 »
Does any one know what the process is at Duke?  Does the offer come by phone, email, or letter in mail.  I'm assuming if you are not chosen it could be a while before you hear anything. 

Offline nukeish

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:24 »
I was wondering that also.  Hopefully we'll hear something by this week or next.

Offline racerx

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2012, 05:37 »
My offer came by UPS right before Thanksgiving but I was told offers would go out in early December.

Offline Stewart

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2012, 04:53 »
So Racer, your offer did come by UPS? 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:53 »
My offer came by UPS right before Thanksgiving but I was told offers would go out in early December.

So Racer, your offer did come by UPS?  

Looks like reading comprehension might be an issue here.....
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012, 11:55 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Smilin' Joe Fission

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2013, 12:59 »
Sort of off topic, but on the topic of Duke.

I recently applied for an engineering position at Duke doing fuel design. The job posting closed last Monday, January 7th so I'm now waiting for (hopefully) an invitation to further screening. Does anybody here have experience working in engineering at Duke? Good work environment?

From the job description it seems like an interesting job and is exactly what I have wanted to get into since I started my nuclear education.

Offline psu_nuke_412

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:02 »
GC, I stumbled on this forum in hopes of getting the same insight regarding Duke. I've applied to both Nuclear Fuels Design and Safety Analysis positions, and they're flying me down January 18th for interviews.

Offline STGN

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:46 »
Sort of off topic, but on the topic of Duke.

I recently applied for an engineering position at Duke doing fuel design. The job posting closed last Monday, January 7th so I'm now waiting for (hopefully) an invitation to further screening. Does anybody here have experience working in engineering at Duke? Good work environment?

From the job description it seems like an interesting job and is exactly what I have wanted to get into since I started my nuclear education.

I have worked in the Engineering group at Duke, both at a plant and at the General Office in Charlotte.  The Fuel's group is located in Charlotte.  They do all of the core design work (at least for the old Duke plants, though I would assume they will begin working on core designs for the Progress plants too).  The work environment is pretty good in my opinion.  You will probably have a choice to work either four 10's or five 8's.  The hours are farily flexible in that some people get there very early to beat traffic, and others arrive at a normal time.  You'll likely have a cube on the 8th floor, a computer, phone, etc.  There is a canteen in the building that serves breakfast and lunch, plus all of the other places nearby.  The people are all very nice and helpful.  

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Good luck.

Edit:  There is a large parking deck across the street so parking isn't too bad.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2013, 11:50 by STGN »

pole 53

« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2015, 02:06 »
Anyone know why it's so difficult to get on at Duke?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2015, 02:47 »
Anyone know why it's so difficult to get on at Duke?

Low turnover rate
good candidate competition for vacancies.
lots of home grown staff.
weather

8)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline pole53

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2015, 12:11 »
Waiting to hear back from my interview.   :D  Anyone interviewed and/or heard back from Duke Energy recently?

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2015, 01:29 »
I hopefully have an interview Friday if they are able to get my POSS test results from Exelon.

Offline Bob_Buck

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2015, 04:29 »
Which plant are you interviewing for?

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:47 »
Which plant are you interviewing for?

Catawba

pole 53

« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:34 »
Interviewed at Harris.

Offline Jking1990

• Lurker
« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2015, 09:37 »
Hey guys I tested for Mcguire Nuclear Station for a NLO position on March 11...I got an email on March 16 that I passed the test... I have yet to here from them... does anyone have any info on this class?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?