Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Happy Thanksgiving 2012 honeypot

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving 2012  (Read 4380 times)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Happy Thanksgiving 2012
« on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:29 »
It's 0951 EST and we have not posted this yet?!?!?!?

Somebody get me a CR!!!!!

Self Identified Discrepancy

Here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave (LOTF) the special few at NW.com have been delinquent in posting our greetings and below expectations in our gratitude.

Things are slow here in the LOTF, yet they are still good,...

Things could be better, yet they are still better than 90% of all humanity which has ever drawn breath has ever known,...

So, be of good cheer and be thankful,...

Thankful to those who work the shifts to make the power possible to cook, be warm, watch football, and stay up to the wee hours trading stories, debates and laughs with family seen all too rarely,...

Thankful to those who build the roads, man the toll booths, partrol the streets, fly the aircraft, operate the airports, and crew the trains, boats and ferries which bring us home,...

Thankful to our grandparents and parents, and on reflection, to any good parent we have been privileged to know who showed us the way to be a good parent in our own turn,...

Thankful to the suits who sit in governance, who for all their ineptness and in spite of all we know they could be doing better have somehow managed not to sink the ship of the USS LOTF regardless of the barnacles, leaks, and rusty rivets they seem unable to correct,...

Thankful to the football players, who although handsomely rewarded, are still showing up and playing the game for our entertainment, many of whom probably desire to not have to play today and could spend the full day at home with their families, who wish they played for the Buccaneers today, but to play is their job, and so they will play and play well, thanks guys, and everybody who has to be there with you to bring these hallmarks of entertainment into our living rooms,...

Thankful to the honoured empty chair(s) at the dinner table, our most humble thanks to the one(s) who cannot be there or will never be there again, who stand the post and man the watch, my words begin to fail me when I dwell here too long,...

And, in my home, thanks to my Creator, for placing my vapor of an existence here in this place and in this time and amongst this company of men, women and children, for blessing me and mine with far more than we have ever deserved only because we draw breath, I am and will forever be, grateful for the United States of America and grateful to have been her citizen,....

CR closed,....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2012 NW.com and all who visit here!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 10:46 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2012
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:37 »
Happy Thanksgiving

drayer54

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:46 »

Happy Thanksgiving

You wish!

P.S. Bird is currently 73 degrees. Pit is 225. I'm monitoring from work.

Doesn't get much better than that!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2012, 04:49 »
P.S. Bird is currently 73 degrees. Pit is 225. I'm monitoring from work.

Doesn't get much better than that!

What, are you using a Bluetooth meat thermometer?  :P

drayer54

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:29 »
What, are you using a Bluetooth meat thermometer?  :P
Basically correct.  I can adjust the pit setpoint on my phone with iGrill and monitor meat temperature.

When I up the pit temperature it will then up my fan speed.

It's a combination of iGrill and the Guru Competitor.

The bird was smoked and stellar.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?