Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu A system to SEE ionizing radiation... interesting? honeypot

Author Topic: A system to SEE ionizing radiation... interesting?  (Read 23184 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: A system to SEE ionizing radiation... interesting?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2013, 03:15 »
Here is an article on the Gamma Camera in use at Argonne National Laboratory (page 19).

http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=143250

The NukeWorker cartoon is on page 56  ;)

Offline EugenioGarnica

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2013, 04:04 »
Dear Marlin,

Many thanks! It seems very interesting. I will examine it very carefully.

Thanks another time!

:)

Offline EugenioGarnica

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:49 »
A nice gamma cam (Radsearch from Antek) with a LaBr detector, a videocammera and a laser ranger. They use it to characterize some "hot places" before D&D tasks in ANL.

::) I wonder if this system is fast enough to allow a complete characterization of an entire cubicle in a reasonably time for normal D&D jobs. Also if cost is also reasonably. I have post a question on the NucDecReport article related...

We are just working in "robotization" the characterization surveys for D&D projects (a robot that goes and takes the measures), but if current gamma cams like this one may provide the information fast and in a cost-effective way... we may not be very successful! :o

I will be very grateful on any comment!!!!!

Offline MercTech

• Light User
  • Gotta Glow for the Dough
« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2013, 04:42 »
For a characterization survey; a gamma camera coupled with a Canberra ISOCS unit works well.
The gamma camera shows exactly where the holdup material is in the piping and other systems and the ISOCS gives gamma spectoscopy nuclide identification.

Doing the characterizations this way and covering flat surfaces with a 600cm2 beta probe allowed for some very ALARA D&D planning.

Flashing back to the River Corridor Project at Hanford at the turn of the 21st century.

Steve
Steven Jerkins
Have dose records, will travel

rmigliac

« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2013, 09:13 »
Please check out the GammaCam: http://www.gammacamnow.com.   Over twenty of these systems were sold in 2011 and 2012 to companies in Japan in response to the incident at Fukushima.  The website has several white papers that review the system in actual applications in Nuclear Power Plants and Processing facilities.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?