Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Barry Poorman honeypot

Author Topic: Barry Poorman  (Read 6808 times)

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Barry Poorman
« on: Dec 25, 2012, 12:02 »
Barry Poorman, 63, of Kennewick, passed away on December 21, 2012 at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington.

He was born on June 29, 1949 to Raymond and Alice (Dreher) Poorman in Medina, Ohio. He attended school at Medina High School and Athens College Georgia and WSU Tri-Cities for his PhD for years. Barry worked as a Rad Tech at Fluor Hanford/ Washington Closure. He moved to the Tri-Cities in the early 1980's.

Barry is survived by his son - Eric and Cheri Poorman; 3 daughters Tracy, Carrie, Aubrey; 9 grandchildren; 1 great-grandchild; 2 brothers; 1 sister; and good friends Al Stockburger and Denny Ingram.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, December 27, 2012, 1:00 p.m. at Mueller's Tri-Cities Funeral Home, 1401 S. Union Street, Kennewick, with visitation beginning at 11:30 a.m. Burial will follow at Desert Lawn Memorial Park.

The family invites you to sign their online guestbook at www. muellersfuneralhomes.com.

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tricityherald/obituary.aspx?n=barry-poorman&pid=161950273#storylink=cpy
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Barry Poorman
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2012, 05:36 »
 Sorry to hear :-( I've worked with Barry since 1993...Great guy

RIP Barry

105KW

bosshogg

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:23 »
 :'( Worked shift with him at 100N during the operating days with BT. He loved his guns. It sucks when people you worked with start dropping..................... ....

DTOD

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2013, 12:41 »
I also worked with Barry at 100-N back in its heyday. The reactor would shut down about very 6 weeks for scheduled/unscheduled repairs and when the reactor was down, we worked enormous amounts of overtime. All of us Techs were union and the company was required to ask us to work overtime. Often this would mean that somebody from the plant would call you in the middle of your night (rotating shifts) and ask if you could come in for the next shift. My only question would be what shift I would be working on? (ABC or D). If the answer was "B" I would always say yes. Barry was the Supervisor on B shift and you knew that you would always be treated right. Barry Poorman was a good man and he always tried to do the right thing even when he knew that doing that thing was going to limit career prospects and future compensation. I am sorry to say that I haven't met too many people like that in this lifetime. God bless you Barry.

Conan Wade

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?