Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu diabetes honeypot

Author Topic: diabetes  (Read 5605 times)

Offline EEESSS

• Very Lite User
diabetes
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:01 »
Other than military restrictions will having Type 1 diabetes (have to take injections but in very good physical condition) result in any restrictions in the nuke field for someone with a BS in Nuke Engineering?

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: diabetes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 12:46 »
I dont think so I have a couple employees with type 1. they are both upfront about it but they are in good physical shape and work in the field on a dialy basis
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

Content1

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:45 »
I have type 2, and for all intents and purposes it is like a type one and you have to make sure you get breaks and don't stay in containment more than 6 hours so you can eat.

Offline EEESSS

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:08 »
Sorry this is late. Thank you both.

Offline Mikey

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2013, 12:47 »
Type I?

You want to see a NZ company here called Living Cell Technologies.
They take porcine beta islet cells, encase in a biopolymer capsule, and insert in your periosteum lining  ....  bingo.
No more type I.

The pigs were left on an island by 'Captian Cook' and have inbred enough that they are useful.

Type II is more problematic, but gastric by-pass is a cure. Of sorts. For some reason, shorting out a part of the intestine works ....

And all those here talking hypertensive medication- there is renal denervation experiments underway that cuts the afferent arrtery to the kidney - it works - expect  45-50 drop in blood pressure. No more chemo type meds.

Stay tuned!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?