Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Newbie Question about Completion Bonuses honeypot

Author Topic: Newbie Question about Completion Bonuses  (Read 7026 times)

Bern Finnigan

Newbie Question about Completion Bonuses
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:30 »
Do all plants offer completion bonuses for a completed outage?  No matter what subcontractor you're working for?   
(Specifically DZ Atlantic at Perry Nuclear in Ohio)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Newbie Question about Completion Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:35 »
no

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Bern Finnigan

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:25 »
Well thats distressing  :-\
Better start comparison shopping

Content1

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:43 »
Do all plants offer completion bonuses for a completed outage?  No matter what subcontractor you're working for?   
(Specifically DZ Atlantic at Perry Nuclear in Ohio)

You recruiter tells you if they have a bonus.  For example, San Onofre doesn't.  Most places only give bonuses to hp's.
Some bonuses are better then others.

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:00 »
Interesting question for a newbie, I have not completed an outage and I want a bonus. Maybe the bonus should be a percentage multiplier of the number of outages the worker has completed. (20 outages x .5% = 10% bonus). Better yet ( 100 outages x 1% = 100% bonus)!!!!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:19 »
Interesting question for a newbie, I have not completed an outage and I want a bonus. Maybe the bonus should be a percentage multiplier of the number of outages the worker has completed. (20 outages x .5% = 10% bonus). Better yet ( 100 outages x 1% = 100% bonus)!!!!!!

Oh stop it!!!!!

he's just asking,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:30 »
Many times completion bonuses are given because the outage can't staff OR they are incorporated into the payrate, which means you aren't really getting more money, just less money upfront.  Bonuses aren't always good.  They may just be a portion lopped off your hourly wage tied to other items you have little control over.  I'd rather have my full hourly wage now than a couple dollars an hour of it coming at a later date 2 companies see fit.

Chimera

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:38 »

While I'm sure your response was meant "tongue in cheek", some utilities do compound their bonuses as you complete successive outages.  Exelon has done this in the past.  It's their way of ensuring their outages are manned with people who are already trained within their system.

Bern Finnigan

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:57 »

An outage newbie perhaps, but I never said it was my FIRST outage   ;)
Just trying to figure out if I got spoiled at the place that I did finish and did get a bonus from, as now I get to play the field a bit more.

Offline macgator

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2013, 01:37 »
Hey Bernie, the best advice I can give you is to find a staffing company that has plenty of work and maintain a relationship with a recruiter. You may have to go to some difficult outages at first but it will pay off in the long term. Do a good job and keep submitting resumes for house positions, you are a good tech and you will succeed. We won't be hiring until late 2014. Good Luck.
Walter MacMillan @ MOX

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:36 »
An outage newbie perhaps, but I never said it was my FIRST outage   ;)
Just trying to figure out if I got spoiled at the place that I did finish and did get a bonus from, as now I get to play the field a bit more.
now yore catching on.  get that bonus agreement awl hammered out before you leave the house two go too the job.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?