Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu To RO or not RO  

Author Topic: To RO or not RO  (Read 24269 times)

Offline orangery

• Very Lite User
Re: To RO or not RO
« Reply #25 on: Feb 23, 2013, 11:35 »
Or one could end up like I did. 2/3 through license class and then corporate decides to retire the plant and cancel RO class. Past year+ of time studying not with family wasted. Now looking for a new job. 6 yr ELT w 7 yr PWR B&W ops experience. Thinking of going back into the HP world again.

My sympathies. You've got to be very sad after so much emotional investment into something that will never be. You must have learned some things, though. Was it still not worth it for you? Do you not want to make this investment again somewhere new?

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Feb 24, 2013, 09:04 »
Or one could end up like I did. 2/3 through license class and then corporate decides to retire the plant and cancel RO class. Past year+ of time studying not with family wasted. Now looking for a new job. 6 yr ELT w 7 yr PWR B&W ops experience. Thinking of going back into the HP world again.

ANO is looking for NLO's and GGNs for instant SRO's..... Entergy advertises openings on here.

Offline tucker0104

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 09:01 »
I am a current NLO and debate going to licesne class all the time. I make good money as a NLO and my girlfriend almost makes as much as I do. We both live frugile so to me I am torn. I would love to further my "career" but then on the other hand, I make 6 figures and have very little stress so why change things. It depends on each person. Some people have kids and need the extra money. I am 31 and will have my house paid off in 3 years so I am not hurting for money at all.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 12:28 »
I am a current NLO and debate going to licesne class all the time. I make good money as a NLO and my girlfriend almost makes as much as I do. We both live frugile so to me I am torn. I would love to further my "career" but then on the other hand, I make 6 figures and have very little stress so why change things. It depends on each person. Some people have kids and need the extra money. I am 31 and will have my house paid off in 3 years so I am not hurting for money at all.

but you are bored with your current job, searching for outage work, and gonna get your GF into RP work because that isn't too hard...

yeah, I don't think license class is for you either...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Chimera

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 12:30 »

Sounds like it's time to sit down and really think about what is important to you.  Once you've determined that, your decision(s) will be self-evident.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 07:55 »
but you are bored with your current job, searching for outage work, and gonna get your GF into RP work because that isn't too hard...

Wait til she finds out some of the RP guys are kinda cute and know better jokes. And mix nice drinks  <3

Offline tucker0104

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 10:12 »
Wait til she finds out some of the RP guys are kinda cute and know better jokes. And mix nice drinks  <3

I might be in trouble then. Might need to re-think my plan.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?