Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ANO and outages info

Author Topic: ANO and outages info  (Read 6899 times)

Offline diamond dave

• Very Lite User
ANO and outages info
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:27 »
I live in the Arkansas River Valley region within about ten miles of ANO, and am looking at careers in the nuclear field.  I have no nuclear plant experience, but have industrial and factory experience over the past twenty years, and heard that outages may be a way for a newbie to get into the field.  I may be willing to travel to other sites too, but heard that it's a good idea to look local first.  Can anyone give me any pointers?

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: ANO and outages info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:20 »
Which company staffs the RP's for ANO outages?  Is it Atlantic?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2013, 01:54 »
I live in the Arkansas River Valley region within about ten miles of ANO, and am looking at careers in the nuclear field.  I have no nuclear plant experience, but have industrial and factory experience over the past twenty years, and heard that outages may be a way for a newbie to get into the field.  I may be willing to travel to other sites too, but heard that it's a good idea to look local first.  Can anyone give me any pointers?

I'm pretty sure that craft workers for ANO are staffed through the locals. Figure out what kind of work you want to do (mechanical, electrical, labor....) and get in touch with the union that has jurisdiction for ANO.

Offline diamond dave

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2013, 06:04 »
Does anybody know the names of the companies or unions to go to for ANO outages?

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:54 »
Here's a list of the Unions & Local #'s for all of the plants:  http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,13465.0.html

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline diamond dave

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:55 »
Can anybody give me a rough idea of what the starting wages would be for janitorial or firewatch at ANO?  I'd like a general idea so I know if it's worth pursuing or if I'm better off staying at my current job. 

Offline slammer

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2013, 05:27 »
I was told fire watch start out at 10.00 dollars an hour. Not sure for janitor, decon and labors make more depending on experience.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?