Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite Site Coordinators honeypot

Poll

My Favorite Site Coordinator from the past.

Brian Clow
24 (16.9%)
Ed Carl
26 (18.3%)
Denise Leisure
23 (16.2%)
Butch Byrd
20 (14.1%)
Doug McBride
16 (11.3%)
Marty Erickson
33 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Favorite Site Coordinators  (Read 243359 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Favorite Site Coordinators
« on: Jul 21, 2001, 05:04 »
My favorites are: Denise Leisure, Ted Maine, Pat Burke,  Ed Carl, and Marty Erickson. (All happen to work for Bartlett...interesting)
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2005, 09:30 by Rennhack »

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
Re: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2001, 08:21 »
Favorites: Brian Clow, Butch Byrd, Roger(Catfish)Littleton, Chris Pate

jjordan

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2001, 01:32 »
Larry Werner, Joey Crider, Fred Campbell
Deceased: Don Feddern, Phil Duvall :)

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2001, 07:54 »
Bill Zak was da man.  Anybody know where he is these days?
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2001, 04:53 »
First of all I would like to say that this an excellent site.I have been in the industry for more years than i want to say. I've seen many site coordinators during that time. I've seen the "no-see-ums" and the ones that didn't give a darn about the technicians. I vowed that when I became a site coordinator that I wasn't going to be like that. I have tried to be the coordinator that many of my former coordinators have not been. I guess that i've suceeded in some way since i haven't made the worst list. I guess that my message to all the coordinators out there is:be honest and upfront with the techs-make sure that the paycheck are right and are delivered ontime (how would you like it if you're check wasn't right)and treat the technicians like the professionals they are.As for my favorite- I haven't had the pleasure of working for Ted Maine, but as a friend of his, I'm sure that he is doing a great job,and I am looking forward to working at one of the Neb. plants in the future. Hey big daddy I guess the doctors Seivers didn't do such a bad job bringing us into this world. Hope to see you and Lori soon.

Melrose

« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2001, 01:16 »
:)
Best SC's would have to be:

Dave Compton, Steve Hillstead, Nick Nicholas,
Darryl Hutton.

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2001, 07:55 »
My favorite would have to be Doug McBride.  He showed me that I was going nowhere in the business.  That made me get off my butt and start looking for other less political work. Although most of the folks that have ever worked for him have an intense dislike, I actually have come to appreciate the smack down that I was provided (free of charge).  They say you need to give everyone a second chance, I did, and now I am happier than I have ever been in my working life.

Thanks Doug for a job well done.
Is it time for coffee yet?

Fermione

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2002, 07:04 »
In the posts I have read, I failed to see some of the most interesting names of coordinators that I have worked with over the years.  How about Wild Bill (want a heart check) Campbell?  He made my first day at Oconee a painful one.  Lunch runs with Bob Gladney at IP 2 back in the early 80's, did we go on a lunch run?  Only Brother James Radosovich could be the Coordinator from outside the fence at Vogtle RFO1.  One of my favorites was watching Neb Bunn melt down during the Recirc Outage at VY in the mid 80's.  Not a pretty site.  But we had Ed Wagelin (sp?) for backup.  Phil Duval, who could ask for a nicer individual even though I thought he was a little brown noser when first arriving at Mcguire from the ship yard.  It took a while, but I met the real Phil.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2002, 02:19 »
I could name a few bad coordinators but it was probably because I was such a ******. Thanks to the ones that put up with my sniviling and crying and poor excuses. Being Mom to a buch of half drunk yoyo's like us in the early 80's couldn't have been easy.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

cef

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2002, 05:32 »
Pete Mcalister has always done me right and can through a good party.
Better yet he will stick up for his Techs.

radrat

« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2002, 08:35 »
favorite would be brian clow. I was treated fair at millstone and he stayed out of your face and helped when he could with things that would come up .

Most favorite : Phill Duvall , (god rest his soul)
knew him when he was still swinging a meter back in 87(when I met him)
I never met a site Coordinator since him that was on his levle.

hmmm this next one I think a lot of peeps had trouble with but he never gave me a bad wrap and he was Milan Palmer.

Haz-Mater

« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2002, 05:30 »
Ed Carl is one of the top 2 coordinators that I have ever had, but he still has his favorites. Know matter how hard you worked or your qualifications, if it came to you or his favorites, guess what - YOU LOSE. Kimbro you know who they were, or should I say still are. Even you had troubles advancing here at BCO, and I concerned you one of the top HP's here. I think it was the long hair.

Joey Crider is the other top 2 coordinators.

Because of all the negativity that I have read about Steve Hayes, he must have changed alot since the late 80's to early 90's, because he would have probably ranked in the top 5, from my expienece.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2002, 09:07 »
I am currently a contract RCT supervisor at a DOE site.  Recently the Site Manager requested that I sit the gate to see if early exits were a problem.  The techs found out that supervision was watching and most did not have a problem with it, they understand the game.  But a couple were livid that supervision was not only watching but preventing them from leaving early.  I have little to no patience with people who feel that the rules don't apply to them.  You know who I mean.  The techs who are habitually late, sneak out early, expect the contract to train them for the CORE or NEU test they know they have to take, pad time sheets, sign on to a job knowing the wages and benefits and then do nothing but complain about those issues after they get on site.  If they get axed you hear all about how so-and-so stuck it to them.  I take all stories about terminations with a grain of salt.  No doubt some people have been hosed by contract companies but many times you only get the parts they want you hear and not necessarily the whole story.  There are a lot of really good people in the field. Unfortunately they get mud on them from the no loads who continually  milk the system.  I know I am keeping track of the personnel I want to work for me, the rest will be left to the worms if I have any say.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

maggie352000

« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2002, 01:52 »
 ;D I really liked Ted Maine, Nick Nichalaus. John Odgers No.

Melrose

« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2002, 08:09 »
Nick's a good guy, works as hard as his techs, doesn't take any crap.
I guess a fault some find in him is that if he has a lazy don't wanna do anything "wynch" on his schedule, he isn't afraid to jerk a knot in the butt of the lazy slug riding on her fellow workers' shoulders.

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2002, 03:30 »
I agree Bryan is one of the best, along with Wayne Mandrell

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2002, 05:45 »
My favorite site coordinator and a great HP to work with is Marty  :-* Erickson with Bartlett.  

RADBASTARD

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2002, 07:14 »
Hey radsniper you must like larry alot you spelled larry's name wrong it's WERNER. Also we must agree he is one of the best.Doug Hatch is great too.Milan palmer was good to me too. ::) :o ;D ;)

Daughter_Product

« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2002, 08:42 »
Larry Werner, hands down. Fair, no BS, truly nice guy with a lot of integrity.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2002, 03:14 »
When I was on the road I'd have to say that Don Feddern (sp?) was the best I've worked with.  I sure miss Don (RIP).
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

oldtimer

« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2002, 01:08 »
  ??? Bard, You must have been at Pilgrim in the winter of 79-80 for Chuck Pierce,It took a lot to scrape that crew together. 1900 mr. as site coordinator

Offline arizonie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 22, 2002, 03:38 »
arc:  best  frank reynolds
bni:  best   wayne mandrell
ce:   best   frank hamaker
dni:  best   tom gillespie
irm:  best   butch byrd
nss:  best   paul stephens
numanco:  best   paul leblanc
psesi:  best   butch byrd, dave nelson rip
w rsi:  best   james radosovich
"JUST WIN BABY"

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 24, 2002, 11:32 »
The late Phil Duvall - N. Anna and Brad Andrie @ Fernald

RAL

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2002, 05:43 »
Are you taking about the same Brad Andrie that used to work at the Monticello plant in MN? ???

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2002, 09:31 »
Yep.  Brad Worked at Monty for 10 years I'm told.  The techs at Fernald loved him as their site manager, and it sure made the job hard for the next guy who replaced him. After all all, who could walk in his shoes?  Brad was in St Paul for the last seven months as the Site Project manager for SEC, doing a D&D at an Army Ammo Plant (See TCAAP pictures link on home page. That’s where I am at also...)
Brad has just taken a permanent (non-nuke) position with Excel energy I believe, in the Minneapolis area.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?