Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite Site Coordinators honeypot

Poll

My Favorite Site Coordinator from the past.

Brian Clow
24 (16.9%)
Ed Carl
26 (18.3%)
Denise Leisure
23 (16.2%)
Butch Byrd
20 (14.1%)
Doug McBride
16 (11.3%)
Marty Erickson
33 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Favorite Site Coordinators  (Read 244029 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Favorite Site Coordinators
« on: Jul 21, 2001, 05:04 »
My favorites are: Denise Leisure, Ted Maine, Pat Burke,  Ed Carl, and Marty Erickson. (All happen to work for Bartlett...interesting)
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2005, 09:30 by Rennhack »

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
Re: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2001, 08:21 »
Favorites: Brian Clow, Butch Byrd, Roger(Catfish)Littleton, Chris Pate

jjordan

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2001, 01:32 »
Larry Werner, Joey Crider, Fred Campbell
Deceased: Don Feddern, Phil Duvall :)

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2001, 07:54 »
Bill Zak was da man.  Anybody know where he is these days?
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2001, 04:53 »
First of all I would like to say that this an excellent site.I have been in the industry for more years than i want to say. I've seen many site coordinators during that time. I've seen the "no-see-ums" and the ones that didn't give a darn about the technicians. I vowed that when I became a site coordinator that I wasn't going to be like that. I have tried to be the coordinator that many of my former coordinators have not been. I guess that i've suceeded in some way since i haven't made the worst list. I guess that my message to all the coordinators out there is:be honest and upfront with the techs-make sure that the paycheck are right and are delivered ontime (how would you like it if you're check wasn't right)and treat the technicians like the professionals they are.As for my favorite- I haven't had the pleasure of working for Ted Maine, but as a friend of his, I'm sure that he is doing a great job,and I am looking forward to working at one of the Neb. plants in the future. Hey big daddy I guess the doctors Seivers didn't do such a bad job bringing us into this world. Hope to see you and Lori soon.

Melrose

« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2001, 01:16 »
:)
Best SC's would have to be:

Dave Compton, Steve Hillstead, Nick Nicholas,
Darryl Hutton.

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2001, 07:55 »
My favorite would have to be Doug McBride.  He showed me that I was going nowhere in the business.  That made me get off my butt and start looking for other less political work. Although most of the folks that have ever worked for him have an intense dislike, I actually have come to appreciate the smack down that I was provided (free of charge).  They say you need to give everyone a second chance, I did, and now I am happier than I have ever been in my working life.

Thanks Doug for a job well done.
Is it time for coffee yet?

Fermione

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2002, 07:04 »
In the posts I have read, I failed to see some of the most interesting names of coordinators that I have worked with over the years.  How about Wild Bill (want a heart check) Campbell?  He made my first day at Oconee a painful one.  Lunch runs with Bob Gladney at IP 2 back in the early 80's, did we go on a lunch run?  Only Brother James Radosovich could be the Coordinator from outside the fence at Vogtle RFO1.  One of my favorites was watching Neb Bunn melt down during the Recirc Outage at VY in the mid 80's.  Not a pretty site.  But we had Ed Wagelin (sp?) for backup.  Phil Duval, who could ask for a nicer individual even though I thought he was a little brown noser when first arriving at Mcguire from the ship yard.  It took a while, but I met the real Phil.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2002, 02:19 »
I could name a few bad coordinators but it was probably because I was such a ******. Thanks to the ones that put up with my sniviling and crying and poor excuses. Being Mom to a buch of half drunk yoyo's like us in the early 80's couldn't have been easy.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

cef

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2002, 05:32 »
Pete Mcalister has always done me right and can through a good party.
Better yet he will stick up for his Techs.

radrat

« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2002, 08:35 »
favorite would be brian clow. I was treated fair at millstone and he stayed out of your face and helped when he could with things that would come up .

Most favorite : Phill Duvall , (god rest his soul)
knew him when he was still swinging a meter back in 87(when I met him)
I never met a site Coordinator since him that was on his levle.

hmmm this next one I think a lot of peeps had trouble with but he never gave me a bad wrap and he was Milan Palmer.

Haz-Mater

« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2002, 05:30 »
Ed Carl is one of the top 2 coordinators that I have ever had, but he still has his favorites. Know matter how hard you worked or your qualifications, if it came to you or his favorites, guess what - YOU LOSE. Kimbro you know who they were, or should I say still are. Even you had troubles advancing here at BCO, and I concerned you one of the top HP's here. I think it was the long hair.

Joey Crider is the other top 2 coordinators.

Because of all the negativity that I have read about Steve Hayes, he must have changed alot since the late 80's to early 90's, because he would have probably ranked in the top 5, from my expienece.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2002, 09:07 »
I am currently a contract RCT supervisor at a DOE site.  Recently the Site Manager requested that I sit the gate to see if early exits were a problem.  The techs found out that supervision was watching and most did not have a problem with it, they understand the game.  But a couple were livid that supervision was not only watching but preventing them from leaving early.  I have little to no patience with people who feel that the rules don't apply to them.  You know who I mean.  The techs who are habitually late, sneak out early, expect the contract to train them for the CORE or NEU test they know they have to take, pad time sheets, sign on to a job knowing the wages and benefits and then do nothing but complain about those issues after they get on site.  If they get axed you hear all about how so-and-so stuck it to them.  I take all stories about terminations with a grain of salt.  No doubt some people have been hosed by contract companies but many times you only get the parts they want you hear and not necessarily the whole story.  There are a lot of really good people in the field. Unfortunately they get mud on them from the no loads who continually  milk the system.  I know I am keeping track of the personnel I want to work for me, the rest will be left to the worms if I have any say.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

maggie352000

« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2002, 01:52 »
 ;D I really liked Ted Maine, Nick Nichalaus. John Odgers No.

Melrose

« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2002, 08:09 »
Nick's a good guy, works as hard as his techs, doesn't take any crap.
I guess a fault some find in him is that if he has a lazy don't wanna do anything "wynch" on his schedule, he isn't afraid to jerk a knot in the butt of the lazy slug riding on her fellow workers' shoulders.

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2002, 03:30 »
I agree Bryan is one of the best, along with Wayne Mandrell

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2002, 05:45 »
My favorite site coordinator and a great HP to work with is Marty  :-* Erickson with Bartlett.  

RADBASTARD

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2002, 07:14 »
Hey radsniper you must like larry alot you spelled larry's name wrong it's WERNER. Also we must agree he is one of the best.Doug Hatch is great too.Milan palmer was good to me too. ::) :o ;D ;)

Daughter_Product

« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2002, 08:42 »
Larry Werner, hands down. Fair, no BS, truly nice guy with a lot of integrity.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2002, 03:14 »
When I was on the road I'd have to say that Don Feddern (sp?) was the best I've worked with.  I sure miss Don (RIP).
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

oldtimer

« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2002, 01:08 »
  ??? Bard, You must have been at Pilgrim in the winter of 79-80 for Chuck Pierce,It took a lot to scrape that crew together. 1900 mr. as site coordinator

Offline arizonie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 22, 2002, 03:38 »
arc:  best  frank reynolds
bni:  best   wayne mandrell
ce:   best   frank hamaker
dni:  best   tom gillespie
irm:  best   butch byrd
nss:  best   paul stephens
numanco:  best   paul leblanc
psesi:  best   butch byrd, dave nelson rip
w rsi:  best   james radosovich
"JUST WIN BABY"

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 24, 2002, 11:32 »
The late Phil Duvall - N. Anna and Brad Andrie @ Fernald

RAL

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2002, 05:43 »
Are you taking about the same Brad Andrie that used to work at the Monticello plant in MN? ???

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2002, 09:31 »
Yep.  Brad Worked at Monty for 10 years I'm told.  The techs at Fernald loved him as their site manager, and it sure made the job hard for the next guy who replaced him. After all all, who could walk in his shoes?  Brad was in St Paul for the last seven months as the Site Project manager for SEC, doing a D&D at an Army Ammo Plant (See TCAAP pictures link on home page. That’s where I am at also...)
Brad has just taken a permanent (non-nuke) position with Excel energy I believe, in the Minneapolis area.

Daughter_Product

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2002, 03:09 »
You guys are sure bringing back memories - good and bad!

Butch Byrd, Frank Reynolds and Teri Smith definitely on the "good" side.

roadwarrior

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2002, 04:46 »
;D THE BEST GUYS TO WORK FOR ARE BUTCH BYRD AND LARRY WERNER. THEY BOTH ARE FAIR AND EASY GOING.

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2002, 07:42 »
How 'bout Charlie Twiggs. Are you still out there somewhere Charlie??
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2002, 03:48 »
Charlie Twiggs is with Framatome now.  He just did night-shift ALARA for ths S/G work at DC Cook.  It was a nightmare because it was the first outage after they were replaced.

Gerald Parker is the SC here.  What you gotta love is when the SC stands by the door at shift change ONLY TO HAND OUT CHECKS!  I really respect a guy who has his priorities straight.

Larry Booker and Bill Breen are a great team at Salem/Hope Creek.  They never let the fact that they work for competing companies get in the way of doing their jobs.  If you can't find one of them, the other will help you as much as he can (as long as it doesn't cross that line).

Bill Rehwalt was a fair guy to work for.  He took care of me once when the utility wanted to kick me down to being a Junior HP, even though I had just quit a Sr. Tech job to go there.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

shehane

« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2002, 10:13 »
first i would like to compliment you on the site.  as for site coordinators i have yet to work for one that hasn't helped me out when i needed it or at least tried.  i guess i am one of the lucky ones.  my all time favorite was probably pete macalistar.  definitely the most fun had at an outage.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2002, 10:35 »
??? Holy moly! There's been so many good ones. Slayman Dean,Don Feddern RIP :'(, Marc Shacklford was so laid back! CatFish Roger Littleton,  Forgive me if I forgot anyone! ;D

I never had the following people as Site cord. But had fun working with them. Denise Leasure, Jeff Dazell, Hal Clow, "Bryan Father". Ron Benedict, Al Edson,
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

klsas

« Reply #31 on: Jun 03, 2002, 06:03 »
Since returning to the road a couple of years ago, I've only had 4 coordinator's. They were all good. Nick Nicholas(3), Gerald Parker(3), Chris Pate(1) and Marty Erikson(sp)(1). They all have had their priorities straight. Paperwork first, pay second, problem solving third. I have learned that if you don't do silly things like lose containment and give your platform workers uptakes, you can get along just fine with them and probably not be one of the first laid off. I would not hesitate to work for any of them again.

sanchie1954

« Reply #32 on: Jun 05, 2002, 05:19 »

;D   :D   ;D   Favorites would have to be...
         Mike Broady & Fred Campbell

slattmandu

« Reply #33 on: Jun 17, 2002, 06:17 »
I had to comment on 1 of coordinators listed as tech's worst. I worked for John Odgers at Kewaunee sgrp and he was real easy to work for. I can't remember any other coordinator I've worked for helping out when workload got heavy or breaking 1 of his techs that has been in containment for 6 hours.  

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Jun 17, 2002, 07:57 »
I know SlattMan, and respect his opinions.  This just goes to show that you can't please all the people all the time.  Even the best CoOrdinators are going to have one dissatisfied customer.  I have noticed the the same names keep popping up.  Either they really do shine
(go above and beyond the call), or they have a fat wallet. (paid everyone and their brother off to say something nice) :)

I had to comment on 1 of coordinators listed as tech's worst. I worked for John Odgers at Kewaunee sgrp and he was real easy to work for. I can't remember any other coordinator I've worked for helping out when workload got heavy or breaking 1 of his techs that has been in containment for 6 hours.  

shehane

« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2002, 06:18 »
i was a house tech at grand gulf for nine years and saw a bunch of coordinators.  i now travel and have seen even more.  so far i haven't worked for one who was so terribly bad that i didn't want to stay.  i have worked with some really good ones though.  booker, brean, mccalister, nickolas are the ones who really helped out when i needed it.  the others did there job and so did i.  i guess i have been lucky!

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2002, 10:22 »
Most site coordinators I've worked for have been very professional but one stands out among the rest. Cecilia Searcy of Eberline. Always helpful, very professional. Sang for our band at the Christmas party - what a set of lungs. Can belt out Seger and Aretha Franklin like none other. Good lookin to.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Sep 04, 2002, 11:48 »
I'd work with John Odgers again any time.  He's a guy with a good perspective on work.  He's also pretty easy to get along with.  And you can't beat him as a tech.  I can tell you that he would never put you in a place where he hasn't been himself and wouldn't go to again.

Oly

« Reply #38 on: Sep 14, 2002, 09:40 »
:-X I agree with you Mike, everyone will always have their own view. But seeing the same names in the same place (good or bad) seems to tell the tale.

Thumbs up to Marty Erickson, Joey Crider, Al Eidson, and Doug McBride. I respect a guy who'll tell you up front what is expected when you walk in the door. I may not agree with it, but treat me with respect and I give you the same.

eldeelf

« Reply #39 on: Sep 14, 2002, 11:34 »
Best would be Butch Byrd :) by far. I've worked for him several times and he has always been a straight shooter.
;D 8)His gun prices aren't all that bad either. 8) ;D
I also had the pleasure of working for John Odgers last year and he would rate on the good list. He was put in a very bad situtaion by the Utility and made the best of it. He always stood behind the tech and went to bat for of them.

Brian_E

« Reply #40 on: Oct 04, 2002, 01:37 »
Marty Erickson and Butch Byrd would definitely get the thumbs up.

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2002, 04:32 »
will probably take a few smites :P  for this but---I must admit that I have had a few favorites, the top of the list is the only one who ever sat me down and told me straight up what my problem was (cup).  It was not easy to stomach the straight talk (d).  Kind of really hurt but  after examining what he had to say I found that it was true  (i) (i) (i) .  I changed my ways and as a result my income shot up over the next few years, got on as an engineer and life got alot better (^) (^) (^).  I will always be grateful for the honesty that this coordinator treated me with.  It changed my life for the better.  His name is Evan Reese .

mkruse28461

jim priceRe: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2002, 11:37 »
definetly jim price was are favorite site cor.made working an outage most enjoyable.hey jim weres your bandana haha

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2002, 05:02 »
Marty Erickson definitely gets our vote.  He always had a smile and a kind word, even when the shit hit the fan and he was being blamed.  He cares what the techs think and feel, and goes out of his way most times to get the checks in and the problems resolved.  Also, Pat Burke.  He went to personal levels to help us.
                            Bill and Debbie =D  =D  =D
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2003, 09:55 »
I normally don’t do this WHILE I am working for someone.  I do it AFTER… who knows, opinions could change.  But I feel safe to add Marty Erickson to my list.  He is excelent. Marty is a really nice guy, who is very smart.  He ‘gets’ it.  He is a pleasure to work for, and with.  I would work for him again any time.

Pat Burke also did amazing things for me as well.  He let me sleep on his couch once when I first came to BNL (WHO does that??), and he took me to the air port when my father had a stroke and my truck was in the shop.  He is a really great guy.

What I like about Ed Carl:  It’s hard to put it into words.  He is VERY professional.  He does his job well, and with class.

Denise Leisure:  She treats her techs as family.  She cares for each one as they were her own.  I truly feel that she showed all of her workers care and a level of attention that isn’t found often.  She is ‘Just Super’.

Ted Maine is also great.  He is now a House Guy at Fort Calhoun.  He is very nice, and looks out for his workers.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2004, 05:15 »
Have to say Roy Lightfoot gets my vote...worked for him for almost a year & was GREAT....As for RainMan....
Marty trained you well ohh Supervisor! How bout them High Rad Keys??? Ya know the one's w/ the attached hoolahoop.
I also see that guy w/ the thick Bastan(boston)accent..trolling around here every now & then.
8)

blueml56

« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2004, 10:12 »
My Favorites Site Coordinators:

1. Fred Campbell  The best site you'll ever want.
2. Ted Maine  One of the best, at Fort Calhoun.
3. Milan Palmer at Turkey and Wolf Creek.
4. Todd Roberts at Columbia Generating Station.
5. Bill Breen at Salem.
6. Gary Bowen at Beese.  
Would work for them any given time!!!! ME

Ladyradhp39

« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2004, 09:34 »
My best list
I worked for  Slamen Dean (not Slaymen), for CE, DNI, Fluor Daniel’s, and Bartlett and I will say without a doubt he was the best. He gave people a chance some who would stab him in the back.  Roger Littleton, Frank Reynolds,  Tony Alexander.

roadhard

« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2004, 03:26 »
Jim Story Jr. w/ IRM @ Palo Verde was good, handed out paychecks personally, had training/indoctrination schedules, no ego - nice guy.

Todd Roberts - friendly guy, no ego.

Marty Erickson - great guy, no ego.

Gerald Parker - made it a point to hunt you down to hand you your paycheck - good guy.

Butch Byrd - great guy - no ego.

Aplayer1

« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2004, 05:27 »
My favorites over the years in no specific order are
Ritchard Scott, Doug McBride, Larry Addis, Marty Erickson, and Milan Palmer. I respect them all as professionals and they have done the same when it came to me. JRS

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2004, 05:35 »
This is the "Favorite SC" thread, not a bash session.  It has gotten out of hand.  I edited all of the messages with 'worst' in them.  And further messages with that in them will be deleted.

Keep it positive.

moodusjack

« Reply #51 on: Jan 05, 2004, 02:20 »
Bruce Brast @ Shoreham when they was getting their 5% power merit badge.  Too bad I missed the 100% green fields conservation badge.

vinman

« Reply #52 on: Feb 04, 2004, 10:48 »
without a doubt Phil Duvall was the best site coordinator and friend anyone could have.  And wife and I knew him well and were very upset when we heard the news.   Dominion is not the same.  in fact Ted Maine is a Phil Clone. lol  and hes not bad (lol)  thanks  ;D

alphadude

« Reply #53 on: Feb 06, 2004, 08:19 »
hmmm its kinda a bartlet list-

frank mcfadden was a hoot-

the rest were faceless and namless, while i was on the road (78-82) they were just overpaid clerk/HPs with very few people skills.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #54 on: Feb 07, 2004, 03:17 »
What about Jeff Vassett @ INEEL, EG&G...? :)

DDD

« Reply #55 on: Feb 10, 2004, 11:39 »
Jeff was recently replaced by Dane Mckay @ INEEL EG&G

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #56 on: Apr 26, 2004, 10:51 »
What about some of these new guys?
Wayne Mandrell....
Richard Kelly.....
Roy Lightfoot....
Beverly Gary.....

How are they?
Anybody else?

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #57 on: Apr 26, 2004, 12:49 »
Although I did not work for GTS/Duratek, I found Doug Hatch (McGuire Site Coordinator) to be a helluva nice guy. I worked alongside Doug as a technician, and he would always do whatever he could to help you.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #58 on: Apr 26, 2004, 01:15 »
Quote from: felchie
What about some of these new guys?
Roy Lightfoot....

[quote
Calling Roy Lightfoot new is like calling dirt fresh. Compared to him, I suppose it is.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #59 on: Apr 26, 2004, 04:40 »
Larry Addis
Tony Alexander
Melvin Smith
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2004, 04:43 by wootler »
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

Melrose

« Reply #60 on: Apr 27, 2004, 11:53 »
Larry Addis
Tony Alexander
Melvin Smith

ME...lvin Smith!?!?!?!?!?!

Bubba yer on crack!

rabbit

« Reply #61 on: Apr 28, 2004, 12:43 »
My favorite was Phil Duvall.  Can't say enough nice things about him. 

Anyone have anything to say about Mark Yoas?  Liked him too.

badradbabe

« Reply #62 on: Apr 29, 2004, 01:48 »
I worked for plenty of them and by far I think that Chris Pate and Dave Compton were the best...both great guys, both good friends.

Offline Jill

• Senior HP, everybodies whippin' biach, the list goes on...
  • Light User
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2004, 07:11 »
Well, if this is about who our FAVORITE and not the "best" site coordinator, I would have to say, without a doubt, James "The James" Radosevich!
As far as being the best at his job, I don't know about that, but people skills, we are proof that you can get a long way with bullshit and charm! (Did I say "we"?)  lol  He was my first site coordinator and it spoiled me.  Then my next job set in and that site coordinator was a real azz!  I have been lucky, all mine, with the exception of my first "road job", they have all been really good. He was the greatest, that silver tongued gentleman!  And, he wasn't bad for the ego, either!
Thanks, James, I'm still spoiled.... (Thank god this is not based on merit, some that are my favorites are just funny as hell, (the infamous  "I'll get back with you on that" reply still makes me giggle to this day!)   

Offline Jill

• Light User
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2004, 07:24 »
Okay, so who says I can't have 2 favorites (thats like asking me to pick my favorite pair of shoes, pleeze!), so with that siad, my current site coordinator is the cat's azz, too!  (It's a compliment, JP!)

Your Favorite Primadonna....

Offline Jill

• Light User
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2004, 07:30 »
Dang, I wish I woulda had Doug Hatch!  I met him, Tiny, and Wyatt on my 2 or 3rd road job.  What a blast, so much fun it was almost illegal (I can't even say that with a straight face!)  He was one of the nicest guys and wondered if he was at his home plant for the decommissioning.   

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2004, 12:14 »
I didn't mean Roy was new to the industry, I've know him for a long time, just wondering how he is to work for?  I'm sure he is great ans are the others
I mentioned earlier.

Jill, You are right about James"able".  I worked with him for a long time up at Palispades and always enjoyed being around him.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #67 on: Jun 02, 2004, 08:09 »
Roy is TOP NOTCH!

Offline Bingo

• Rad Supervisor
  • Light User
  • GO Cubs !!!
« Reply #68 on: Jun 20, 2004, 11:03 »
Ron Worster(Bartlett) at Rocky Flatts always did me right.  Threw some great parties too.  ;D

feathersmoke

« Reply #69 on: Jun 25, 2004, 02:24 »
Best is:  Marty Erickson!  Marty Erickson!  Marty Erickson!  Did I say Marty Erickson?  No ego to contend with and no favoritism.  Enough said.

duke99301

« Reply #70 on: Jun 25, 2004, 04:07 »
Hey what about some of the names from the 90s and 80s
where is Joe worly and gerard ploycastro, frank hamaker
and the list could go on todd mobley was great to work for!

kingpin

« Reply #71 on: Jul 01, 2004, 11:00 »
Pete McCallister is a good coordinator and he always looks out for his folks. He did so much to help me my first outage at Indian Point 3. Glen Cunningham has also never steered me wrong.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Jul 01, 2004, 12:31 »
I added the option to "Remove vote" so you can change your vote if your favorite changes..

Offline curtis

• Industrial Hygienist/Sr. H.P.
  • Light User
« Reply #73 on: Jul 01, 2004, 01:20 »
I would have to go with Butch Byrd. He is always fair with people as long as they are fair with him.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog, if you cant eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #74 on: Jul 09, 2004, 06:56 »
One vote for the Atomic_Punk...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

sportsdan

« Reply #75 on: Jul 09, 2004, 07:23 »
I would have to vote for Mark Fry at Trojan. He is without a doubt the best Coordinator I've ever worked for in my 16 years. Always fair and willing to do whatever he can to help someone. I wish him the best of luck after Trojan.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #76 on: Jul 10, 2004, 06:42 »
Is this the same Mark Fry from the early days at the peach?  Riverman!

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #77 on: Jul 10, 2004, 07:18 »
Vote # 3 for Mark Fry.
(they shoulda spent more time on Sammys vocals for the new single though!) :P
Hellava guy & tells it like it is.
BTW....NOT the same one from PB.

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #78 on: Jul 24, 2004, 09:22 »
I am working with marty right now, he's never done me wrong.  Pete mclalister was a great one, all time fav. would have to be Wayne Mandrell.  Wayne has always been a super guy to work for, besides the crews lunch and dinner many times.

sunpaw

« Reply #79 on: Jul 26, 2004, 11:39 »

Calling Roy Lightfoot new is like calling dirt fresh. Compared to him, I suppose it is.

HEEYYYYY!
Easy there laddy!

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #80 on: Jul 27, 2004, 03:36 »
I love Little Pete McCallister, he dont care what anyone thinks, they can all have their opinion, he's still gonna do his job!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

jgriffin

« Reply #81 on: Jul 29, 2004, 09:26 »
I would have to say that Nate Bridges has been one of the best coordinators that I know.  He tells you like it is and does not hold anything back.  Some people do not like that kind of honesty.  Everything Nate has told me has been true.  He is always willing to go out of his way to help someone.  I currently work at INEEL and do not know any Bartlett tech that has anything bad to say about him.   

urtall1

« Reply #82 on: Sep 09, 2004, 01:44 »
I think you all have forgotten about Omar Olglesby.  He was by far the very best site coordinator by far.  I also liked Mike Hunter, rest in peace Mike, and Slayman Dean.  I was at Slaman's wedding in Arkansas in lets see, I think 1988, spring.

Dale Weber

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #83 on: Sep 10, 2004, 04:04 »
I liked Bill Rehwalt with Bartlett and Jeff 'Wagz' Wagner with RSI.  They both put up with my crap and still treated me right.

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #84 on: Dec 17, 2004, 07:04 »
My name is Dawn Feddern and I have just recently found this website.  I would to say thanks to those that said my dad, Don Feddern was their favorite site coordinator.   To me he is and always will be the best site coordinator Bartlett ever had.  Have a Merry Christmas.  I would love to hear from those that still think and talk about my dad.

Dawn Lee Feddern

radman5030

« Reply #85 on: Dec 19, 2004, 07:13 »
Bernie Barker, one of the most interesting ones I ever worked with.

But he has a new career. Guniess Book of Records "oldest male stripper" type in his name on google and see for you self.

Can't ya see the ole "step off pad" bar at Indian Pt. as a retired exotic dance club featuring retired ole "road hoes" as strippers......Sorry for that mental image Jr. Techs... :)  rad

BUT NOW A DAYS...All Bartlett site cord. are the best!!! I agree with Mike they all work for Bartlett Is it just a little strange?  Bartlett starts with the same letter as BEST.. I think not! Bartlett=Best. And they are gettin' better ones with each company they buy.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2004, 10:20 by radman5030 »

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #86 on: Mar 09, 2005, 02:40 »
Come on now, someone show Karen Hurley some love!

gato-rojo

« Reply #87 on: Mar 09, 2005, 02:01 »
Mark Fry at Trojan was by far my favorite site coordinator. He gets my vote. 

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #88 on: Mar 09, 2005, 02:27 »
Mike Dinger!!! 

I am speechless!
(I am sure Dinger does a great job, I just didn't expect him to be one!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #89 on: Mar 10, 2005, 07:24 »
Mike Dinger, He is the man. When Big Blue wouldnt come across with the per diem, Dinger paid everybody out of his pocket, for 2 weeks. Mike Dinger is my Hero!!!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

oldtimer

« Reply #90 on: Mar 10, 2005, 09:24 »
Dream Tarheel, What have you been smokin, watchout for FFD

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #91 on: Mar 10, 2005, 09:47 »
I did the road thing during the early to late eighties and always thought Bill Rehwalt did a first class job while working for RAD Services. Pat Hoppe with Numanco also ranks up there with best. I did not recognize it at the time, but Frank Reynolds held his own during some difficult periods. I've been a house mouse now for the last 15 years and have seen several site coordinators come and go - Gerald Parker always stood up for his folks, so did Pete McCallister.
It will be interesting to see who makes the transition from something Old to something Blue.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

JnyMac

« Reply #92 on: Mar 12, 2005, 01:22 »
Bill and Linda Rehwalt now have a BOOMING real estate business with REMAX in Phoenix, AZ.  He probably makes about 10 times his coordinator salary.  I've never dealt with Mark Fry, Ted Maine, and Pete McCallister as coordinators.  I spent plenty of time with them when they were techs.  Their performance as techs was outstanding and no doubt carried over to their coordinator positions.

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #93 on: Mar 12, 2005, 01:33 »
Gerald Parker  - ComEd  ;D
Ron Cahill       - ComEd  ;D
Nick Nicholas   - TVA     ;D
Butch Byrd     - ComEd  ;D

FROG  :D
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

chicklet

« Reply #94 on: Mar 25, 2005, 01:43 »
I have two favorite site coordinators they are John Hill at Point Beach and Barry Keele at Cooper and Wolfcreek.  I think they should be added to the list that has already been made.

Dr. Evil

« Reply #95 on: Mar 31, 2005, 01:12 »
Up until recently, I worked with Mark Fry at the Trojan site. He was fantastic. He was always there when you needed him.

PSYCHO

« Reply #96 on: Mar 31, 2005, 02:13 »
the first two that come to my mind first are 1. eli crosby IIIi   b.v. 2.  mike mcguire calvert. two good men that didn't forget how to treat people the right way.

foreverajr

« Reply #97 on: Mar 31, 2005, 02:34 »
Denise Leisure is a pleasure to work for.  She is such a phenomenal lady.  For reasons unknown to me, she took me in and treated me like she had known me for years.  She always tried to work with me (to keep me working when some jr's were having a hard time) and help me out if I needed it. She always seemed like she genuinely cared about what was going on with me, both in my career and in my life.  I haven't had the opportunity to work with her lately because I have been stationary for almost a year.  But, I can't wait to work with her again.
Another good one was Nick Nichols.  He was always a straight shooter and treated everyone fairly.  He would offer up advice to help me out at work.  Great guy. 

coshaun

« Reply #98 on: Mar 31, 2005, 03:08 »
from my Duke days, I have to vote for Eddie Garris.... What a southern gentleman! and then there was Mike O'Shaughnessy.  He never put his needs or concerns before anyone else and he always treated everyone fairly(even house techs when he was their supervisor).

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #99 on: Mar 31, 2005, 04:54 »
Denise Leisure is a pleasure to work for. She is such a phenomenal lady.

I have only worked with Denise for one short outage, but it seems to me that just about everyone likes her (I know she treated me very well). She honestly cares and it shows.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

beacher

« Reply #100 on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:58 »
I don't really have a favorite site coordinator, but I do like Rod Schena and Barry Keele.

shovelheadred

« Reply #101 on: Aug 05, 2005, 08:32 »

Without a doubt Gerald Parker(rest his soul)
           and a close second-Larry Paul Werner
           Al Eidson, Doug Hatch, Mike Oshaunesey all were top notch

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #102 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:02 »
Has anyone's favorite changed?  Any new favorites?  I might go back through and see if there are new contenders for the poll.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #103 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:54 »
Ok, old guys... Bill Rehwalt, Don Reisinger

new guys...The Atomic Punk rules!

Hola gato rojo
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #104 on: Dec 08, 2005, 05:52 »
1. Mike McGuire 2. Barry Keele 3. Todd Roberts 4. Eli Crosby 5. Mark Fry.  Not A single one of them guys on the poll  !!!!!!!!!
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #105 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:52 »
Everyone nominate their favorites, and I'll start a new poll.  This one is old and needs to be closed anyway.

ramdog_1

« Reply #106 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:40 »
Where Is Cat FIsh I did not see his name on the list nor Joe Worlys. Or Sam CLark ....

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #107 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:41 »
Its hard to name a number one but here are some entertaining ones: Wild Bill Campbell and Marty Vyenello.

LaFeet

« Reply #108 on: Mar 18, 2006, 05:12 »
I have not had the pleasure of working for any of these fine people.  I guess my favorite to date is the infamous FOG while at VY.

workinman

« Reply #109 on: Mar 20, 2006, 12:36 »
I liked Bill Rehwalt with Bartlett and Jeff 'Wagz' Wagner with RSI.  They both put up with my crap and still treated me right.

By the way Mark, I noticed that you left Schumacher off of the list?

workinman

« Reply #110 on: Mar 20, 2006, 12:43 »
Bill Rehwalt was a great coordinator!  Very professional yet still maintained a likeable personality!

Ted Maine- Another class act!

Marty Crumes- He might as well take over the reigns at SONGS!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #111 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:36 »
Craig Bundy @ Ginna in 2002.
Don Mothena @ Monticello 1980.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2006, 08:06 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

LaFeet

« Reply #112 on: Apr 20, 2007, 08:35 »
We oughta get Spanky as a Site Rep....  Ya know :P

nukewood

« Reply #113 on: Apr 21, 2007, 08:27 »
Does anyone remember Mike Moyles , coordinator and entrepeneur extrordinaire at Pilgrim in the mid 80's ?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #114 on: Apr 21, 2007, 08:29 »
Does anyone remember Mike Moyles , coordinator and entrepeneur extrordinaire at Pilgrim in the mid 80's ?

yep, he's has his own nuclear supply company in virginia, coastal network, inc.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #115 on: Apr 21, 2007, 09:18 »
Nowadays, I like Bob King and John Burns.

sweetpea

« Reply #116 on: Apr 21, 2007, 11:58 »
fred campbell, doug hatch, melvin smith, rod schena

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #117 on: Apr 21, 2007, 11:18 »
We oughta get Spanky as a Site Rep....  Ya know :P
Thanks Paul E. Your still my favorite.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

wglewallen

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27 »
Ed Boice was the best one, (not Booger Boyce) I have ever worked for-real nice guy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:33 by wglewallen »

Offline Duct-Tape

• Light User
  • Silence is golden, Duct-Tape is silver.
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2007, 12:09 »
John Hill gets my vote for Spring 2007.
So you wanabe a HP...

LaFeet

« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2007, 12:19 »
Having just worked with Brian Clow, I have to pick him.  His  Southern California attitude just kept me smiling with every oops and awsh*&.

Look forward to going back to Pilgrim

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2007, 10:26 »
My vote definitely goes to Wayne Mandrell at Comanche Peak - he is professional, and funny - a tough combination to pull off. He is fair and seems to show an appreciation for the tech that you don't often see. He always thanks ME for coming back - not expecting my thanks for being "allowed" to come back. He's one of the good guys!
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2007, 07:04 »
My vote definitely goes to Wayne Mandrell at Comanche Peak

I agree with Wayne. I first met him in the mid 80's. He has alway been down to earth and honest. I've never seen him treat anyone bad. He always has a pleasant attitude. He is one that will back you. He will never leave you for the wolfs so to speak
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2007, 11:46 »
My favorite Site Coordinators are: Fred Campbell, Milan Palmer, Rod Schena, Barry Keele, Frank Hamaker, and Rick Engel.

vikingfan

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2007, 07:28 »

Frank hamaker is one of my favorites, he was strick, stern but always fair in his handling of the business. I also enjoyed working with Ed Carl for about 10 years at battelle labs in columbus ohio. He Always stressed you be ontime, do your job and you will not have any issues. not sure where he is nowadays but im sure where ever he is, he's running a tight ship !! if anyone has info on ed please pass it along to me.

JJ

kaveman32

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50 »
Vikingfan, Ed is currently residing in Tennessee. (working in Oak Ridge)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:50 by kaveman32 »

shovelheadred

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2007, 01:40 »
...Larry Paul Werner.....Gerald Parker...Omer Oglesby.....Gerald Dansby,,,,,,not necessarily in that order.....all old school...took care of the TECHS first...especially on Fridays,,,

LaFeet

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2007, 04:31 »
You guys make me feel lika noob

CATCH22

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2007, 10:01 »
Is there anyone else that feels the same as msn10?

Offline Grasshopper

• Very Lite User
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2007, 11:17 »
 :-X About John Hill, my mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2007, 12:06 »
I friend told me they were shocked with my post on Wayne Mandrel. I see it like this, there are so many good Coord. just how can you pick out just one and say they are the best. I could go with Larry Werner, Fred Campbell. M Palmer and even a Jeff Daziel, but if I would pick one that has supported  me the most and has given me the chance I needed to learn the RP field it would have to be a combo and that combo would be Ken Hyde and Phil Kellie at Oconee they have really been there. They treat a person like a person not just a number. I don't think you will find a better combo
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:14 by RELLISON62 »
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2007, 06:34 »
oh yeah, tim lawson at cook was awesome!!! sorry for not getting you in with the other two.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59 »
Phil Kellie at Oconee

He is definitely one of the best
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2007, 02:30 »
oh yeah, tim lawson at cook was awesome!!! sorry for not getting you in with the other two.

Tim Lawson is a great guy.

vikingfan

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2007, 09:08 »

Tim also gets my vote ! He was the coor at ano a couple years ago and have to say he helped out everyone regardless if they were a deconner or hp tech. everyone was on the same level. Also he's funny !! great sories ect... :) :)

Cathy

« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2007, 10:00 »
My favorite site coordinator is the one that gets my hours in on time and correct, asks me if something doesn't look right with my timesheet, immediately calls the office if something is wrong with my check, keeps the techs up to date (as much as possible) on impending layoffs, makes sure I get my check when it comes in (at one plant it was an adventure trying to find my check every week, not good) and faxes in the travel forms the same day or day after so we get our travel in a week. I truly don't care if I like them or not as long as I get my check on time, correct and in my hand.

WIFEY26525

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2007, 12:15 »
TIME FOR THE WAYBACK MACHINE...................... .....
I enjoyed working for Bob Gladney and Chuck "you're on your own" Young back in the early 80's for Numanco. Purely for the  "this is your brain on drugs" entertainment value of course.
I always enjoyed working for "Wild Bill" Campbell, even if you did have to endure the "steel finger" and the "sleeper hold" from him sometimes.
Phil Duvall was of course one of the best, God Rest his soul.
"Rapid Ray" from the Surry old days !!!!!!!!!
Many, many more.......... Most of the ones I worked with were good people.

And a special mention to Bill "shortstick" Gates from Numanco IP2 fame for being possibly one of the most hated and despised individuals throughout the industry back in when road techs were "new".

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2007, 02:50 »
 8)  My vote has to go to Sharon Casey @ PSL site this outage "YOU GO GIRL'

stewdill

« Reply #138 on: Jun 01, 2007, 03:26 »
Ken Hyde with Side kick Phil Kelley

madhatter

« Reply #139 on: Sep 12, 2007, 10:32 »
Best - Dane McKay
Best - Doug McBride
Best - James Radosovich
Best - Bernie Barker
Best - Joe Crider
Worst - Jim Moore
Worst - Nate Bridges
Worst - Doc Dennis

elshoe58

« Reply #140 on: Sep 13, 2007, 02:14 »
Ed Carl ;D, Doug McBride ;D, Marty Erickson ;D and Tom Stafford ;D are my tops!!!! Worse was Marty V. by far >:(!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #141 on: Sep 13, 2007, 07:26 »
Don't forget to vote at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 07:27 by Rennhack »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #142 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:57 »
You should delete this whole (word removed by moderator) thread,,,,,Ive had Doug negative attitude...worst  person ive meet in the the whole nuclear field coordinator.....and for people to even mention that SOB"s name as the best makes me want to puke......worst byyyyyyyyyy farrrrrrr
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2007, 09:39 by Marlin »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #143 on: Sep 14, 2007, 09:32 »
You should delete this whole goddamn thread,,,,,Ive had Doug negative attitude...worst  person ive meet in the the whole nuclear field coordinator.....and for people to even mention that SOB"s name as the best makes me want to puke......worst byyyyyyyyyy farrrrrrr
Doug was placed in a difficult position.  The rules AEP & Bartlett set for him to enforce were not the rules Doug created himself.  The guy was just trying to do his job to the best of his ability. 

And... this is the "favorite" thread, not 'lets bash some one I don't like'. 

To put everything into perspective, Doug fired me in 1991 at DC Cook.  I have to mention it every time I go to a power plant on the security form, and every time I go to a DOE site and need a clearance.  I was pissed for about 2 years; in fact, I think I’m still not allowed at DC Cook (my home plant).  Then I realized that I deserved it, and he was just doing his job.  I got over it, and so can you.  I've been in his position since then, and I have a greater insight, and appreciation for what he did, and had to do.

I know for a fact that Doug was going through a difficult period while at DC Cook, when he made all of those 'friends' like ‘bonds 25’ and me.  I also know that life is better for Doug now, and he is not the same person he was while at DC Cook; he is the ‘old’ Doug again.  The guy many people knew from before his stint at DC Cook.  When I first left Cook, Doug was one of my favorite people to talk about.  I would go on for hours about all the ‘things’ he did to ‘us’.  Then I would hear a different story from others, telling me that it must be a different Doug Mc Bride, because that was not the person they knew. – It was the same body, but most defiantly a different person.  Doug is back to his old self.  He is happy again, and I would bet money that you would like the guy.

I don’t want to go into the details about personal things that were affecting him at Cook, but the short story is that a close loved one was near death.  I have to tell you, if that happened to me, I probably would not have been able to handle the stress as well as he did.  Us HP’s and the utilities (AEP in particular) are not the easiest bunch to keep happy.

I’ve had good outages, and bad outages.  Doug isn’t a bad guy, he was just in a bad position for a time.  He no longer works for Bartlett, and isn’t a site coordinator at a power plant.  He is much happier now, and I hope you are too.

Fermione

« Reply #144 on: Sep 14, 2007, 11:45 »
Yeah is suck for Doug now.  Wonderful wife, good job, no snow, and tons of golf.  Strange how life changes some times.  All the best to Doug and Cristi.
Fermione

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #145 on: Sep 14, 2007, 11:59 »
My best site co-ordinator was Dave Hutton at Big Rock, Got called up to go there on short notice for 1 outage and was given good directions to get to the plant, met in the parking lot by Dave with a travel pay check that was right in his hand, and hooked up with a great rental unit for low cost (also arranged by Dave). In other words He made sure that my financial and living needs were being met by the company and He cared enough to look out for his people. Other site co-ordinators who have also done well by me were Deb Nichols & Frank Hamaker (if you take care of Frank, He will take care of you)...... I only had 1 really bad one and He was at the Beaver trap.....

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #146 on: Sep 14, 2007, 01:52 »
rennhack.  you da man!  way to forgive and forget.  people don't realize some of the issues you are bringing up in general.  they only focus on what "happened to them" and not the real story behind things.  the mark of a true human being is to realize others are allowed to be human too.  good job

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #147 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:34 »
I worked with Doug at NTS and found him to be a very likeable man. We worked for different companies so I never saw him as a site coordinator but it would have been hard to imagine him being that bad. He told me of the event with Mike and that he was put in a position where he had no choice. He also spoke highly of Mike.

Jr8black3

« Reply #148 on: Sep 14, 2007, 09:51 »
 ^5 Mike, I agree 100% with your comments,as I was at the Cookie farm when you were terminated, dude you deserved it, but yet you moved on.

The things I really remember about Doug was how he taught me to lead a crew, and also how the man while his wife was sick took time out of his own day to hold RP classes for the Jr. RP's and deconners on his own time and not get paid for it, that takes a stand up man that cared about his techs, and I know for a fact the ones that listened to him went on to be good techs and that many are now house techs.

Hey the man was on a mission and that was to get the best out of everybody.

I know for a fact he made a difference in my life and how I handle day to day situations, and bonds25 if you didn't like Doug you wern't the only one, I will tell you this everybody started out back then on the same slate, you must have failed, so don't go away mad just go away..

maxparity

« Reply #149 on: Sep 15, 2007, 08:14 »
My overwhelming respect for the main subject of the previous several threads is as follows: Upon receiving the new edict of no card playing by the Bartlett techs, I felt it my duty as a nightshift house supervisor (stepped up of course) to organize a game starting about 0430 with the main intent of having said individual walk in on the game in the Bartlett trailer, so that all involved could unanimously chortle in his general direction. It was successful,and etched a spot on the classics list. All time favorite- The Jamesable by far. Hope you read this James.

remowil55

« Reply #150 on: Sep 16, 2007, 09:14 »
Oh man. there are a few. Tim Lawson, Phillip Key,Pete McAlister Jr. and Jeff Diezel.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #151 on: Sep 16, 2007, 08:55 »
Oh man. there are a few. Tim Lawson, Phillip Key,Pete McAlister Jr. and Jeff Diezel.

I must second the vote for Tim and also for my gap toothed brother Phillip Key!!! ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #152 on: Sep 16, 2007, 09:18 »
I've never worked FOR tim LAwson, but I have worked WITH him, and the guy is incredible.

vikingfan

« Reply #153 on: Sep 17, 2007, 11:16 »
i'll add my vote for tim lawson !! he was good coordinator when i worked with bartlett a couple of years ago at ANO also i like working frank hamaker ! he was hard but fair, i never had an issue with him. and also ed carl worked with him the best part of 10 years at batelle labs hope he's doing well these days

alphadude

« Reply #154 on: Sep 17, 2007, 05:22 »
wow im ancient some of these guys were entry decon and scaffold builders when i was HP supervisor!!!! Im with red -old school

scruffy

« Reply #155 on: Oct 16, 2007, 08:26 »
My all time favorite was Richard Helm from Byron. Never steered me wrong!

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #156 on: Oct 16, 2007, 08:49 »
would that be phil key from semmes alabama? I thought he got out of the nukes. Can anyone tell me where he is now. Lost touch with him at Calvert in mid 90s

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #157 on: Oct 16, 2007, 09:38 »
I have enjoyed going through this thread. I have been off the road since 95 and most of these names on here I knew as techs. I have to say the worst coordinator I had was Evan Reese at Beaver Valley in 89. He used to hide in the parking lot to catch techs leaving a minute early working 12 for 11.5. Zdrakas was my first at Songs. He only hired large breasted dosimetry clerks. That was nice coming out of the can. Hamaker? You got to be kidding me!!!!! Shackleford had some nice sweaters, like Cliff Huxtable. Mobley gave me my first lead tech job. That was a mistake. Still he was a good guy. So was Slaman. Phil Key was great to work with. He pissed off Ginkel on several occasions. Marty Erickson was top notch. Worked with him at ANO along with Odgers. Is he still with Brenda? O'Shaun was the best. Worked with him at a few outages. Last I heard he was at TVA. I miss the road days but I love being home every day. I love being there for my son. I'm glad I found this site. It brings back a lot of memories.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #158 on: Oct 17, 2007, 05:50 »
would that be phil key from semmes alabama? I thought he got out of the nukes. Can anyone tell me where he is now. Lost touch with him at Calvert in mid 90s

You might consider posting this in the "Looking For" thread, just a suggestion ;)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #159 on: Oct 17, 2007, 11:20 »

Phillip is now working at (one of those Southern Nuclear plants to remain un-named due to rules and regulations that are a bit grey due to the fact that many have been mentioned along with their respective plants that they still might be found coordinating at ;)) in a house position.

Edited by Moderator to remove location. Please read the rules for 'Looking For' section.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 08:40 by Bat Man »
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #160 on: Oct 17, 2007, 02:28 »
Am I allowed to put a vote in for Johnny C. out at Diablo? 

...or is he dis-qualified, since he's also the recruiter, supervisor, and ....?

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #161 on: Oct 17, 2007, 02:52 »
Phillip is now working at XXXXX in a house position.

Edited by Moderator to remove location. Please read the rules for 'Looking For' section.
Thanks Batman,

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #162 on: Oct 18, 2007, 08:43 »
Thanks Batman,

If you talk to him, ask him about his down hill skiing experiences with Tim and his other room mate at Cook last year.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #163 on: Oct 19, 2007, 01:00 »
I would like to submit my two favorites:  Rob Schnetzler and Pete McAlister.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #164 on: Oct 21, 2007, 02:55 »
I worked with Rich Helm a couple of times.  He is the man!  Must be a good site coordinator...

Rad Sponge

« Reply #165 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:36 »
Bill Breen at Hope Creek.

mooredee13

« Reply #166 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:33 »
Well, I haven't worked in nuclear power since I left EB RadCon in 1990, but if the Bill Breen at Hope Creek is the same crusty ELT I knew on the Nat Greene back in the mid-80s, then that cat's okay with me!

Dave

Haz-Mater

« Reply #167 on: Nov 30, 2007, 09:18 »
I have never worked for Tim Lawson but i worked with him at Vogtle in the early 90s. When I think of Tim, I think of 3 things...Red Hair, Big Smile, and a FAST ASS Camero with only a drivers seat and a milk crate for the passenger seat.  That was some scary ride especially since we were intoxicated.  He also had a nice, sweet wife that was not bad on the eyes either.  Keep up the good work Ga Boy.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #168 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:54 »
Phil Kelly at Oconee treats people with respect.  Great Guy

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
« Reply #169 on: Dec 10, 2007, 11:27 »
Nick's a good guy, works as hard as his techs, doesn't take any crap.
I guess a fault some find in him is that if he has a lazy don't wanna do anything "wynch" on his schedule, he isn't afraid to jerk a knot in the butt of the lazy slug riding on her fellow workers' shoulders.

I loved working with Nick! He was my first site coordinator, and I believe I will get to work with him again this spring!
As for the yanking a knot in some lazy person's back side, how can that be a fault? No one likes to carry the load for someone else!

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #170 on: Dec 12, 2007, 04:54 »
Site coordinators Great ones : Bill Zak (Gina and Shoreham)
                                         Darryl Hutton (Catawba)
                                         Doug Hatch (McGuire)
                                         Dave Lloyd (Catawba)
                                         Jeanette Jackson (Calvert cliffs and Brunswick)
                                         Al Eidson ( Fermi and VC Summer)
                                         Dale Pittman (Fermi)
                                         Allan Cobb (Milestone)
And I'm sure that I missed some others but these are ones that all had their own style but are straight shooters ;D It's a tough job with a lot of headaches and you can't please everyone ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2007, 04:56 by rocknrollrick »
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #171 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:19 »
Phil Kelley at oconee is the BEST in the buisness......Hands down....a man like that should be much higher...

Offline deicide666

• Light User
  • whats grosser than gross?
« Reply #172 on: Feb 23, 2008, 12:43 »
Marty by far!!!
death to all who apose us!!!!

MickeeMickee

« Reply #173 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:15 »
I so agree with you when it comes to Wayne Mandrel.  I have worked alot of different plants and for  "Favorite Site-coordinator" Wayne is #1 hands down.  Comanche Peak, also is the one plant where all the house techs. and management treated me right.  I was very sorry to hear that their new RPM is making their lives miserable........and you know that is going to happen to those contractor RP's who work there also.  I considered that plant the best place a rent-a-tech could work........(hope it doesn't change too much)   MickeeMickee

CoastalCaptainJack

« Reply #174 on: Apr 03, 2008, 07:36 »

Phillip still works at his home plant and works at his own auto shop in Dothan, Alabama. Nice Guy at the plant and at the auto shop too.  Gives good prices on tires, oil changes, etc.

CoastalCaptainJack

« Reply #175 on: Apr 03, 2008, 07:51 »
If you talk to him, ask him about his down hill skiing experiences with Tim and his other room mate at Cook last year.

Yeah!  Is that what they called it.  The "down hill" skiing experience?  Which roommate would that be the blond, brunnette, or red head (out of the bottle)? LOL  They did have fun with the "down hill" skiing experience. LOL

Offline FrankyJack

• Very Lite User
  • Closing Time
« Reply #176 on: Apr 09, 2008, 10:49 »
no one mentioned bruce cuevas so i will...  IRM,..   gave me more stuff than any other SC..    i was house at the time so i wasn't working for him and he wasn't the SC at the time (the stuff was all items he had rat-holed from when he was a coordinator) but it still made him my favorite SC...   besides, he had more magic tricks than anyone else i ever met...   (by the way, i still have and use the IRM sport bag he gave me)
If they wanted it done right, they'd do it different..

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #177 on: Apr 17, 2008, 07:15 »
I'm not reading all the posts again, but if no one mentioned Ron nurney i will.  he is great!  thanks for all the help ron.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #178 on: Apr 17, 2008, 08:45 »
I'll second for Ron Nurney.He is the best!
He went over and above to help out the brazilian techs and welcome them ,that came to this country to work the outage.
I thank him for that.
Most site cords would not have bent over backwards to help these tech,but he did.
He didn't get any help from the upper HP management at Cooper.
Some management wanted them gone with out even meeting them.Because they were worried that their english may not be quite up to par.
When they flew 6k mile to help them out and do their outage at a plant that no one seems to want to go to,now I know why.

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
« Reply #179 on: Apr 17, 2008, 10:49 »
I worked with Ron Nurney as a fellow tech not yet as a site coordinator. He is a good person, friend, and technician. He will never look at you and lie to your face like others. Hey Ron Nurney, try to getting more Nuke plans in the future. Laurie

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #180 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:11 »
Today there are very few ‘real’ site coordinators left.  Barry, Ron and a few others are a dying breed.  Most today are nothing more than a glorified secretary with no real HP experience.  I’m on day 2 at VC Summer and was introduced to our Bartlett management team for the first time by the RPM during his outage expectation meeting at the end of the day.  This seems to be the trend Bartlett has been following for the past few years.

Not such a new concept, Bartlett had a Jr. tech for a Site Coordinator in the early 80s at Calvert. He came in dressed in a nice shirt and slacks then after taking care of business changed to jeans and a T-shirt to do a little decon. He was not so much a manager as an administrator. Seemed to work OK to me, but then access to the home office was very good back then.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #181 on: Apr 23, 2008, 11:16 »
Today there are very few ‘real’ site coordinators left.  Barry, Ron and a few others are a dying breed.  Most today are nothing more than a glorified secretary with no real HP experience.  I’m on day 2 at VC Summer and was introduced to our Bartlett management team for the first time by the RPM during his outage expectation meeting at the end of the day.  This seems to be the trend Bartlett has been following for the past few years.

At Crystal River in 1981 Charlie Pierce (owner/founder of Numanco) appointed a junior tech to be site coordinator with the reasoning of 'why should I waste a good senior tech to do administrative work?" The junior made a great site-coordinator (for one, he didn't think he was better than all the techs that worked for him). At the meeting prior to the outage (food and drinks in abundance) Charlie gave me one of the best compliments I ever got as a tech. He had me, Max Moon (at the time he was working on his PhD in Health Physics and was working as a tech) and DJ Richards stand up. Then he said "If you have any questions about your pay, perdiem or any other office issues, ask Jerry (the site coordinator). If you have a technical HP question ask one of these three guys standing up. If they can't answer your question, you don't need to know."

So, it not only is not a new concept, it is a very smart way of doing business.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2008, 11:07 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #182 on: Apr 23, 2008, 08:14 »
What is a Site Coordinator? Has anyone seen a coordinated site since deregulation?

LaFeet

« Reply #183 on: Apr 24, 2008, 06:26 »
What is a Site Coordinator? Has anyone seen a coordinated site since deregulation?

You silly man... how are you and Jan doing ???

go.nukes

« Reply #184 on: Jun 11, 2009, 01:55 »
Dane McKay, Doug McBride and Pat Hoppe get my vote.

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
« Reply #185 on: Jun 11, 2009, 09:27 »
Frank Hamaker...."son!"

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #186 on: Jun 11, 2009, 09:44 »
Kathy Smith, until they made her stop showering with the guys.

Scotty, when he owned his own bar.

Dean, after his return flights from Texas.

Bill Clarke on the 4th on July.

Don Feddern, always.

Worse- I2 and Marty. (Bruce, what were you thinking!)

That is NOT Marty E. My apologies for anyone who has mistaken him for a wingnut.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009, 03:43 by namlive »
No one gets out alive.

vinman

« Reply #187 on: Jun 12, 2009, 02:53 »
Vinnie and I both have worked with Wayne Mandrell... Vinnie more than I but Wayne was ALWAYS caring about people who worked with him no problem  or situation  you might have was NEVER unimportant to him. Although we haven't seen THEM  In quite sometime he and Mandy (NO MATTER WHAT )  are still dear
 to us..   And as the question was is he  good to work for/with... yes.

vinman

« Reply #188 on: Jun 12, 2009, 03:28 »
 I think our favorite IS PHIL DUVALL from North Anna.. No matter if  u knew  him a long time or u just met him Phil ALWAYS treated like u were a part of his family. Even during non outage when we were home he would call just to see how u were and at NA  no matter what the situation was it was handled by Phil like it was the most important thing.  After Phils TRAGIC Death we returned once to NA and let me just say this... Although  some VP and some Bartlett  techs like these  Mike Bradley, Mike Young, Jessie Johnson, Raybo, A. Cooke,R Pace.. Were WONDERFUL to us IT
 was not the same  where Phil was concerned.... And we haven't been back. 

vinman

« Reply #189 on: Jun 12, 2009, 03:37 »
Us again...lol Also ranking up there near Phil D. Are Joey Crider and Wayne Mandrell!! ( both are a lot like Phil.)

vinman

« Reply #190 on: Jun 12, 2009, 04:01 »
AND AGAIN...LOL looking at some of yalls picks are taking us down memory lane... Larry Werner.... GREAT person (Even though he use to be a gators fan lol) Just an old personal joke between us and Larry.. NOTHING PERSONAL gators fans :o)!! ALSO Ted Maine another GREAT one to work for ( Lori has taught him well!!  ;o)

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #191 on: Jun 18, 2009, 11:09 »
Frank Hamaker...."son!"

I think your post got cut off so I will finish the quote. In all caps because that is what Frank would want!

"YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS BUSINESS AGAIN!!!"
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #192 on: Jun 19, 2009, 03:32 »
Craig Bundy @ Ginna in 2002.
Don Mothena @ Monticello 1980.
Al Christiansen @ Duane Arnold 1985.

vinman

« Reply #193 on: Jul 01, 2009, 06:38 »
ALOT OF GOOD ones out there but only a few GREAT ones and I have to say Phil Duvall was at the TOP of the GREAT pile... Vinman

diliigaf

« Reply #194 on: Jul 02, 2009, 02:56 »

That is a short list there are several more that should be on there... Omar Ogelsby, Catfish, Pete Mcallister Sr. and several more that have been left off this list.... ::)

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #195 on: Jul 03, 2009, 08:49 »
Jim "Jamesable" Radosevich. Stephen "Lear Jet" Lehrer. Vintage years at the Cook. 85-90.

mkruse

« Reply #196 on: Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 »
Dale pittman,joey crider,bill breen,jim price

DTOD

« Reply #197 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:34 »
I worked a lot of outages in the early 80's for IRM, DNI, Numanco and Bartlett. I was new in the business and I can't say that I spent too much time mentally grading the performance of the Site Coordinators, but the ones who stood out as "most memorable" - one for good reasons and one for bad, were Bernie Barker and Joe Worley.

Anyways, my story is that after 24 years working long term for DOE contractors I "retired" and thought it would be interesting to go work an outage again. Bartlett was kind enough to hook me up with a spot at Fermi last Spring and with a lot of self re-orienting I think I managed to be a SHPT/SRCT/SRPT without humiliating myself too much.

One of the hundreds of little things that had changed (mostly for the worse in my opinion) since the "old days" was that the Site Coordinators were expected to work in the plant like any other tech and do whatever coordinating they needed to do as a secondary priority. I was assigned to the day shift dry well crew and one of the other members of this crew was Kirtland Young who also was the DZ Atlantic Site Coordinator. Anybody who has ever worked on a dry well crew knows that good techs relieve others on time or early, give brief but accurate turnover, and put equipment where it can be found. Kirtland is the kind of tech who does these things and it wasn't until the outage was half over before I found out that he was a Coordinator. The only time I ever saw him miss a turn in the well was once when he was out getting sandwiches for the whole department. I don't know who the best all time Coordinator was, but if I was trying to staff outages, I would sure have Kirtland on my speed dial.   

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #198 on: Feb 22, 2013, 11:27 »
faxes in the travel forms the same day or day after so we get our travel in a week. I truly don't care if I like them or not as long as I get my check on time, correct and in my hand.
Dave Hutton for a brief time did Big Rock (when still operating), met us in the parking lot with 2 checks (travel pay calculated from the higher of your home or last outage and advance Per Diem.) If you didn't need the advance Diem he simply put it into his pocket and returned it to the company. The travel pay was always the largest amount that could be gotten for you and was always correct (for me anyway). He also gave me a jar of his salsa..... I am to this day hooked on good salsa.

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline cmumess

• Lurker
« Reply #199 on: Dec 05, 2023, 11:39 »
Wanted to give a shout out to Todd Mobley. He was listed here years back as a favorite. He has passed. Todd was a dear friend, great person and best HP! His bitch wife is not having a service or any thing. The folks at his company now including his son Keith are a mess over this. Please take care or your self and keep Keith and his young family in your prayers.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2023, 07:28 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?