Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite Site Coordinators  

Poll

My Favorite Site Coordinator from the past.

Brian Clow
24 (16.9%)
Ed Carl
26 (18.3%)
Denise Leisure
23 (16.2%)
Butch Byrd
20 (14.1%)
Doug McBride
16 (11.3%)
Marty Erickson
33 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Favorite Site Coordinators  (Read 243360 times)

Daughter_Product

Re: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2002, 03:09 »
You guys are sure bringing back memories - good and bad!

Butch Byrd, Frank Reynolds and Teri Smith definitely on the "good" side.

roadwarrior

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2002, 04:46 »
;D THE BEST GUYS TO WORK FOR ARE BUTCH BYRD AND LARRY WERNER. THEY BOTH ARE FAIR AND EASY GOING.

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2002, 07:42 »
How 'bout Charlie Twiggs. Are you still out there somewhere Charlie??
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2002, 03:48 »
Charlie Twiggs is with Framatome now.  He just did night-shift ALARA for ths S/G work at DC Cook.  It was a nightmare because it was the first outage after they were replaced.

Gerald Parker is the SC here.  What you gotta love is when the SC stands by the door at shift change ONLY TO HAND OUT CHECKS!  I really respect a guy who has his priorities straight.

Larry Booker and Bill Breen are a great team at Salem/Hope Creek.  They never let the fact that they work for competing companies get in the way of doing their jobs.  If you can't find one of them, the other will help you as much as he can (as long as it doesn't cross that line).

Bill Rehwalt was a fair guy to work for.  He took care of me once when the utility wanted to kick me down to being a Junior HP, even though I had just quit a Sr. Tech job to go there.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

shehane

« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2002, 10:13 »
first i would like to compliment you on the site.  as for site coordinators i have yet to work for one that hasn't helped me out when i needed it or at least tried.  i guess i am one of the lucky ones.  my all time favorite was probably pete macalistar.  definitely the most fun had at an outage.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2002, 10:35 »
??? Holy moly! There's been so many good ones. Slayman Dean,Don Feddern RIP :'(, Marc Shacklford was so laid back! CatFish Roger Littleton,  Forgive me if I forgot anyone! ;D

I never had the following people as Site cord. But had fun working with them. Denise Leasure, Jeff Dazell, Hal Clow, "Bryan Father". Ron Benedict, Al Edson,
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

klsas

« Reply #31 on: Jun 03, 2002, 06:03 »
Since returning to the road a couple of years ago, I've only had 4 coordinator's. They were all good. Nick Nicholas(3), Gerald Parker(3), Chris Pate(1) and Marty Erikson(sp)(1). They all have had their priorities straight. Paperwork first, pay second, problem solving third. I have learned that if you don't do silly things like lose containment and give your platform workers uptakes, you can get along just fine with them and probably not be one of the first laid off. I would not hesitate to work for any of them again.

sanchie1954

« Reply #32 on: Jun 05, 2002, 05:19 »

;D   :D   ;D   Favorites would have to be...
         Mike Broady & Fred Campbell

slattmandu

« Reply #33 on: Jun 17, 2002, 06:17 »
I had to comment on 1 of coordinators listed as tech's worst. I worked for John Odgers at Kewaunee sgrp and he was real easy to work for. I can't remember any other coordinator I've worked for helping out when workload got heavy or breaking 1 of his techs that has been in containment for 6 hours.  

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Jun 17, 2002, 07:57 »
I know SlattMan, and respect his opinions.  This just goes to show that you can't please all the people all the time.  Even the best CoOrdinators are going to have one dissatisfied customer.  I have noticed the the same names keep popping up.  Either they really do shine
(go above and beyond the call), or they have a fat wallet. (paid everyone and their brother off to say something nice) :)

I had to comment on 1 of coordinators listed as tech's worst. I worked for John Odgers at Kewaunee sgrp and he was real easy to work for. I can't remember any other coordinator I've worked for helping out when workload got heavy or breaking 1 of his techs that has been in containment for 6 hours.  

shehane

« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2002, 06:18 »
i was a house tech at grand gulf for nine years and saw a bunch of coordinators.  i now travel and have seen even more.  so far i haven't worked for one who was so terribly bad that i didn't want to stay.  i have worked with some really good ones though.  booker, brean, mccalister, nickolas are the ones who really helped out when i needed it.  the others did there job and so did i.  i guess i have been lucky!

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2002, 10:22 »
Most site coordinators I've worked for have been very professional but one stands out among the rest. Cecilia Searcy of Eberline. Always helpful, very professional. Sang for our band at the Christmas party - what a set of lungs. Can belt out Seger and Aretha Franklin like none other. Good lookin to.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #37 on: Sep 04, 2002, 11:48 »
I'd work with John Odgers again any time.  He's a guy with a good perspective on work.  He's also pretty easy to get along with.  And you can't beat him as a tech.  I can tell you that he would never put you in a place where he hasn't been himself and wouldn't go to again.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Oly

« Reply #38 on: Sep 14, 2002, 09:40 »
:-X I agree with you Mike, everyone will always have their own view. But seeing the same names in the same place (good or bad) seems to tell the tale.

Thumbs up to Marty Erickson, Joey Crider, Al Eidson, and Doug McBride. I respect a guy who'll tell you up front what is expected when you walk in the door. I may not agree with it, but treat me with respect and I give you the same.

eldeelf

« Reply #39 on: Sep 14, 2002, 11:34 »
Best would be Butch Byrd :) by far. I've worked for him several times and he has always been a straight shooter.
;D 8)His gun prices aren't all that bad either. 8) ;D
I also had the pleasure of working for John Odgers last year and he would rate on the good list. He was put in a very bad situtaion by the Utility and made the best of it. He always stood behind the tech and went to bat for of them.

Brian_E

« Reply #40 on: Oct 04, 2002, 01:37 »
Marty Erickson and Butch Byrd would definitely get the thumbs up.

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2002, 04:32 »
will probably take a few smites :P  for this but---I must admit that I have had a few favorites, the top of the list is the only one who ever sat me down and told me straight up what my problem was (cup).  It was not easy to stomach the straight talk (d).  Kind of really hurt but  after examining what he had to say I found that it was true  (i) (i) (i) .  I changed my ways and as a result my income shot up over the next few years, got on as an engineer and life got alot better (^) (^) (^).  I will always be grateful for the honesty that this coordinator treated me with.  It changed my life for the better.  His name is Evan Reese .

mkruse28461

jim priceRe: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2002, 11:37 »
definetly jim price was are favorite site cor.made working an outage most enjoyable.hey jim weres your bandana haha

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2002, 05:02 »
Marty Erickson definitely gets our vote.  He always had a smile and a kind word, even when the shit hit the fan and he was being blamed.  He cares what the techs think and feel, and goes out of his way most times to get the checks in and the problems resolved.  Also, Pat Burke.  He went to personal levels to help us.
                            Bill and Debbie =D  =D  =D
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2003, 09:55 »
I normally don’t do this WHILE I am working for someone.  I do it AFTER… who knows, opinions could change.  But I feel safe to add Marty Erickson to my list.  He is excelent. Marty is a really nice guy, who is very smart.  He ‘gets’ it.  He is a pleasure to work for, and with.  I would work for him again any time.

Pat Burke also did amazing things for me as well.  He let me sleep on his couch once when I first came to BNL (WHO does that??), and he took me to the air port when my father had a stroke and my truck was in the shop.  He is a really great guy.

What I like about Ed Carl:  It’s hard to put it into words.  He is VERY professional.  He does his job well, and with class.

Denise Leisure:  She treats her techs as family.  She cares for each one as they were her own.  I truly feel that she showed all of her workers care and a level of attention that isn’t found often.  She is ‘Just Super’.

Ted Maine is also great.  He is now a House Guy at Fort Calhoun.  He is very nice, and looks out for his workers.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2004, 05:15 »
Have to say Roy Lightfoot gets my vote...worked for him for almost a year & was GREAT....As for RainMan....
Marty trained you well ohh Supervisor! How bout them High Rad Keys??? Ya know the one's w/ the attached hoolahoop.
I also see that guy w/ the thick Bastan(boston)accent..trolling around here every now & then.
8)

blueml56

« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2004, 10:12 »
My Favorites Site Coordinators:

1. Fred Campbell  The best site you'll ever want.
2. Ted Maine  One of the best, at Fort Calhoun.
3. Milan Palmer at Turkey and Wolf Creek.
4. Todd Roberts at Columbia Generating Station.
5. Bill Breen at Salem.
6. Gary Bowen at Beese.  
Would work for them any given time!!!! ME

Ladyradhp39

« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2004, 09:34 »
My best list
I worked for  Slamen Dean (not Slaymen), for CE, DNI, Fluor Daniel’s, and Bartlett and I will say without a doubt he was the best. He gave people a chance some who would stab him in the back.  Roger Littleton, Frank Reynolds,  Tony Alexander.

roadhard

« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2004, 03:26 »
Jim Story Jr. w/ IRM @ Palo Verde was good, handed out paychecks personally, had training/indoctrination schedules, no ego - nice guy.

Todd Roberts - friendly guy, no ego.

Marty Erickson - great guy, no ego.

Gerald Parker - made it a point to hunt you down to hand you your paycheck - good guy.

Butch Byrd - great guy - no ego.

Aplayer1

« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2004, 05:27 »
My favorites over the years in no specific order are
Ritchard Scott, Doug McBride, Larry Addis, Marty Erickson, and Milan Palmer. I respect them all as professionals and they have done the same when it came to me. JRS

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?