Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite Site Coordinators honeypot

Poll

My Favorite Site Coordinator from the past.

Brian Clow
24 (16.9%)
Ed Carl
26 (18.3%)
Denise Leisure
23 (16.2%)
Butch Byrd
20 (14.1%)
Doug McBride
16 (11.3%)
Marty Erickson
33 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Favorite Site Coordinators  (Read 244000 times)

kaveman32

Re: Favorite Site Coordinators
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50 »
Vikingfan, Ed is currently residing in Tennessee. (working in Oak Ridge)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:50 by kaveman32 »

shovelheadred

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2007, 01:40 »
...Larry Paul Werner.....Gerald Parker...Omer Oglesby.....Gerald Dansby,,,,,,not necessarily in that order.....all old school...took care of the TECHS first...especially on Fridays,,,

LaFeet

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2007, 04:31 »
You guys make me feel lika noob

CATCH22

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2007, 10:01 »
Is there anyone else that feels the same as msn10?

Offline Grasshopper

• Very Lite User
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2007, 11:17 »
 :-X About John Hill, my mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2007, 12:06 »
I friend told me they were shocked with my post on Wayne Mandrel. I see it like this, there are so many good Coord. just how can you pick out just one and say they are the best. I could go with Larry Werner, Fred Campbell. M Palmer and even a Jeff Daziel, but if I would pick one that has supported  me the most and has given me the chance I needed to learn the RP field it would have to be a combo and that combo would be Ken Hyde and Phil Kellie at Oconee they have really been there. They treat a person like a person not just a number. I don't think you will find a better combo
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:14 by RELLISON62 »
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2007, 06:34 »
oh yeah, tim lawson at cook was awesome!!! sorry for not getting you in with the other two.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59 »
Phil Kellie at Oconee

He is definitely one of the best
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2007, 02:30 »
oh yeah, tim lawson at cook was awesome!!! sorry for not getting you in with the other two.

Tim Lawson is a great guy.

vikingfan

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2007, 09:08 »

Tim also gets my vote ! He was the coor at ano a couple years ago and have to say he helped out everyone regardless if they were a deconner or hp tech. everyone was on the same level. Also he's funny !! great sories ect... :) :)

Cathy

« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2007, 10:00 »
My favorite site coordinator is the one that gets my hours in on time and correct, asks me if something doesn't look right with my timesheet, immediately calls the office if something is wrong with my check, keeps the techs up to date (as much as possible) on impending layoffs, makes sure I get my check when it comes in (at one plant it was an adventure trying to find my check every week, not good) and faxes in the travel forms the same day or day after so we get our travel in a week. I truly don't care if I like them or not as long as I get my check on time, correct and in my hand.

WIFEY26525

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2007, 12:15 »
TIME FOR THE WAYBACK MACHINE...................... .....
I enjoyed working for Bob Gladney and Chuck "you're on your own" Young back in the early 80's for Numanco. Purely for the  "this is your brain on drugs" entertainment value of course.
I always enjoyed working for "Wild Bill" Campbell, even if you did have to endure the "steel finger" and the "sleeper hold" from him sometimes.
Phil Duvall was of course one of the best, God Rest his soul.
"Rapid Ray" from the Surry old days !!!!!!!!!
Many, many more.......... Most of the ones I worked with were good people.

And a special mention to Bill "shortstick" Gates from Numanco IP2 fame for being possibly one of the most hated and despised individuals throughout the industry back in when road techs were "new".

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2007, 02:50 »
 8)  My vote has to go to Sharon Casey @ PSL site this outage "YOU GO GIRL'

stewdill

« Reply #138 on: Jun 01, 2007, 03:26 »
Ken Hyde with Side kick Phil Kelley

madhatter

« Reply #139 on: Sep 12, 2007, 10:32 »
Best - Dane McKay
Best - Doug McBride
Best - James Radosovich
Best - Bernie Barker
Best - Joe Crider
Worst - Jim Moore
Worst - Nate Bridges
Worst - Doc Dennis

elshoe58

« Reply #140 on: Sep 13, 2007, 02:14 »
Ed Carl ;D, Doug McBride ;D, Marty Erickson ;D and Tom Stafford ;D are my tops!!!! Worse was Marty V. by far >:(!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #141 on: Sep 13, 2007, 07:26 »
Don't forget to vote at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 07:27 by Rennhack »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #142 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:57 »
You should delete this whole (word removed by moderator) thread,,,,,Ive had Doug negative attitude...worst  person ive meet in the the whole nuclear field coordinator.....and for people to even mention that SOB"s name as the best makes me want to puke......worst byyyyyyyyyy farrrrrrr
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2007, 09:39 by Marlin »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #143 on: Sep 14, 2007, 09:32 »
You should delete this whole goddamn thread,,,,,Ive had Doug negative attitude...worst  person ive meet in the the whole nuclear field coordinator.....and for people to even mention that SOB"s name as the best makes me want to puke......worst byyyyyyyyyy farrrrrrr
Doug was placed in a difficult position.  The rules AEP & Bartlett set for him to enforce were not the rules Doug created himself.  The guy was just trying to do his job to the best of his ability. 

And... this is the "favorite" thread, not 'lets bash some one I don't like'. 

To put everything into perspective, Doug fired me in 1991 at DC Cook.  I have to mention it every time I go to a power plant on the security form, and every time I go to a DOE site and need a clearance.  I was pissed for about 2 years; in fact, I think I’m still not allowed at DC Cook (my home plant).  Then I realized that I deserved it, and he was just doing his job.  I got over it, and so can you.  I've been in his position since then, and I have a greater insight, and appreciation for what he did, and had to do.

I know for a fact that Doug was going through a difficult period while at DC Cook, when he made all of those 'friends' like ‘bonds 25’ and me.  I also know that life is better for Doug now, and he is not the same person he was while at DC Cook; he is the ‘old’ Doug again.  The guy many people knew from before his stint at DC Cook.  When I first left Cook, Doug was one of my favorite people to talk about.  I would go on for hours about all the ‘things’ he did to ‘us’.  Then I would hear a different story from others, telling me that it must be a different Doug Mc Bride, because that was not the person they knew. – It was the same body, but most defiantly a different person.  Doug is back to his old self.  He is happy again, and I would bet money that you would like the guy.

I don’t want to go into the details about personal things that were affecting him at Cook, but the short story is that a close loved one was near death.  I have to tell you, if that happened to me, I probably would not have been able to handle the stress as well as he did.  Us HP’s and the utilities (AEP in particular) are not the easiest bunch to keep happy.

I’ve had good outages, and bad outages.  Doug isn’t a bad guy, he was just in a bad position for a time.  He no longer works for Bartlett, and isn’t a site coordinator at a power plant.  He is much happier now, and I hope you are too.

Fermione

« Reply #144 on: Sep 14, 2007, 11:45 »
Yeah is suck for Doug now.  Wonderful wife, good job, no snow, and tons of golf.  Strange how life changes some times.  All the best to Doug and Cristi.
Fermione

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #145 on: Sep 14, 2007, 11:59 »
My best site co-ordinator was Dave Hutton at Big Rock, Got called up to go there on short notice for 1 outage and was given good directions to get to the plant, met in the parking lot by Dave with a travel pay check that was right in his hand, and hooked up with a great rental unit for low cost (also arranged by Dave). In other words He made sure that my financial and living needs were being met by the company and He cared enough to look out for his people. Other site co-ordinators who have also done well by me were Deb Nichols & Frank Hamaker (if you take care of Frank, He will take care of you)...... I only had 1 really bad one and He was at the Beaver trap.....

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #146 on: Sep 14, 2007, 01:52 »
rennhack.  you da man!  way to forgive and forget.  people don't realize some of the issues you are bringing up in general.  they only focus on what "happened to them" and not the real story behind things.  the mark of a true human being is to realize others are allowed to be human too.  good job

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #147 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:34 »
I worked with Doug at NTS and found him to be a very likeable man. We worked for different companies so I never saw him as a site coordinator but it would have been hard to imagine him being that bad. He told me of the event with Mike and that he was put in a position where he had no choice. He also spoke highly of Mike.

Jr8black3

« Reply #148 on: Sep 14, 2007, 09:51 »
 ^5 Mike, I agree 100% with your comments,as I was at the Cookie farm when you were terminated, dude you deserved it, but yet you moved on.

The things I really remember about Doug was how he taught me to lead a crew, and also how the man while his wife was sick took time out of his own day to hold RP classes for the Jr. RP's and deconners on his own time and not get paid for it, that takes a stand up man that cared about his techs, and I know for a fact the ones that listened to him went on to be good techs and that many are now house techs.

Hey the man was on a mission and that was to get the best out of everybody.

I know for a fact he made a difference in my life and how I handle day to day situations, and bonds25 if you didn't like Doug you wern't the only one, I will tell you this everybody started out back then on the same slate, you must have failed, so don't go away mad just go away..

maxparity

« Reply #149 on: Sep 15, 2007, 08:14 »
My overwhelming respect for the main subject of the previous several threads is as follows: Upon receiving the new edict of no card playing by the Bartlett techs, I felt it my duty as a nightshift house supervisor (stepped up of course) to organize a game starting about 0430 with the main intent of having said individual walk in on the game in the Bartlett trailer, so that all involved could unanimously chortle in his general direction. It was successful,and etched a spot on the classics list. All time favorite- The Jamesable by far. Hope you read this James.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?