Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUF testing honeypot

Author Topic: NUF testing  (Read 14370 times)

Dinerp

NUF testing
« on: Jan 08, 2013, 04:40 »
I have taken the NUF once and I am due again in March 2013. I feel like I am ready to take the exam now. But, I am not at a nuke facility at the moment and I am not near one. My question, are there any testing facilities that administer the NUF. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: NUF testing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:39 »
Short answer: You need to be at a Nuclear Power plant to be proctored.

Dinerp

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:19 »
Thank you

Dinerp

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:27 »
Thank you www.nukeworker.com for the practice exams. I went to a plant as a visitor and passed my NUF.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2013, 02:03 »
That is great news.  Did you try our Concise study guide?

NUF Cram Notes Kindle Edition
NUF Cram Notes Print Edition <- Rennhack's Favorite

It's about 3x the size of the original.  I highly recommend it.  It is more detailed than the original.  This version is aimed at the less experienced NUF test taker than the original "RP Cram Notes".

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2014, 10:58 by Rennhack »

Offline mhickey4

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2017, 12:59 »
How do I take the practice nuf test on an Android phone

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2017, 06:50 »

you need to install a 3rd party app that supports flash.  But honestly, it's kind of painful on a phone. I've done it, and didn't enjoy it (screen is too small). A tablet would work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installing-flash-player-android-devices.html

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,59.0.html

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,40965.msg193845.html#msg193845
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2017, 09:47 by Rennhack »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2017, 09:58 »
aye bought the kindle version n gought it on my phone n tablet sew eye cood refresh ear ever aye was.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:52 »
The other person is talking about our online test.  The book is just fine on the phone.

Offline aluckow81@gmail.com

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2017, 10:29 »
Sorry noob questions but what is the minimum passing score for the NUF. I took it four years ago and passed but I need to take it again in a week.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2017, 01:28 »
atey per scent.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Clough2000

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:48 »
Has the NUF quiz been updated? The questions on the recent tests I took differ greatly compared to the practice quiz?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:13 »
Has the NUF quiz been updated? The questions on the recent tests I took differ greatly compared to the practice quiz?

The NANTEL NUF test has not been updated.  Our test accurately reflects the current objectives, as it always has.

We have thousands of questions in our database.  If you looked at 50, and think it's not the same, its because you didn't spend enough time with the material.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2018, 11:50 by Rennhack »

Offline nonyo

• Lurker
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:49 »
RE: the questions have not been  updated-
what degree of confidence should we have in the un updated test questions-thanks - (took test 5 yrs ago)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2018, 11:48 »
RE: the questions have not been  updated-
what degree of confidence should we have in the un updated test questions-thanks - (took test 5 yrs ago)

Our questions reflect the current objectives.

Dinerp

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2018, 01:29 »
My NUF was due again this year. I was told it was no longer required at Palo Verde and other commercial plants. I took an online GAP training instead. FYI. I just wonder if it is all contract companies and all plants.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2018, 02:07 »
My NUF was due again this year. I was told it was no longer required at Palo Verde and other commercial plants. I took an online GAP training instead. FYI. I just wonder if it is all contract companies and all plants.

That is part of the "Nuclear Promise".  It is all nuclear plants, and all contract companies.

If you have a current NUF, you will be 'grandfathered', as long as you don't take a 2 year break.  Other wise, you will need to take a test again.

Everyone WAS supposed be fully compliant as of January 1st this year. Some companies/sites are a little slower to roll it out, so they have until July to be fully compliant with the new process.   Until then they 'can' still use the NUF and current process.

I'm working with a guy at my site to understand all of it.  I'll keep everyone updated as I understand it fully.

There is a new Fundamentals Part 1 for Jr's and a Fundamentals part 2 for Sr's.  If you have a current NUF, you get credit for them, and never have to take them again, as long as you don't have a 2 year break in service.

There is also task quals, to which they are grandfathering some people. -- Again, when I get a clearer picture, I'll update everyone.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2018, 02:38 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2018, 02:12 »

Also, as I understand it, the GAP training will be given every year.  You will have until the end of 2019 to get the 2018 GAP training. 2020 to get the 2019 GAP training, etc.

Dinerp

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2018, 02:25 »
Nice! Thank you for the clarification.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?