Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Brown's Ferry honeypot

Author Topic: Brown's Ferry  (Read 7763 times)

Offline HiRadDrifter

• Very Lite User
Brown's Ferry
« on: Jan 12, 2013, 10:49 »
Looks like I'll be going To Brown's Ferry this March. Never been there. What can you tell me about the place? Good? Bad? Best place to stay? What is it like? Etc...

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
Re: Brown's Ferry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:01 »
I recently finished the SGR at Sequoyah (TVA). I am also going to Browns Ferry but have never been there before.  I don't really listen to what people say about a place, for the pay that BF is paying I am willing to sweat.  Your first and possibly second week will be at the training facility near Scottsboro Al.  Not close to Browns Ferry.  So you are stuck staying in a motel for a couple of weeks before moving on to Browns Ferry. Thats all I can tell you.

Offline radranger

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:34 »
What kind of place you looking for? Motel, cheap or what? House, condo?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HiRadDrifter

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2013, 05:04 »
@radranger:  gonna do the motel thing i believe. ive been calling around and looks like Athens is fairly close and the rates are reasonable. im up for any suggestions tho' ....

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2013, 07:25 »
I'm TVA. Every time I go to BFN I stay in Athens. Nice town, close to the plant and if you want more Huntsville is relatively close.

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2013, 05:56 »
I've stayed at the Super 8 in Athens. Nice folks--even did my laundry for low bucks. Close to bunches of restaurants. Buffet at Shoney's across Hwy 72 is great. +K

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2013, 12:42 »
If you have people you travel with or don't mind rooming with, a lot of people stay at Bay Hill Marina. Nice place. Avoid the Best Western in Athens. Not very clean, unless things have changed recently. Most TVA people that travel stay at holiday Inn Express in Athens. Very nice, and if you are working nights, they have an evening cleaning crew 3 days a week. If you need anything, all you have to do is ask. They also have laundry service.
As for the plant, the people are great. Lots of work, few breaks. It will be what you make it. Stay flexible and you will have a great time. As I said, the people are great.

Offline HiRadDrifter

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:36 »
Anyone know anything About any of these Motels in Athens?

Budget inn
Super 8
Travel inn
Country hearth

Budget in is the cheapest but I'm wondering how bad it is....

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:06 »
Budget Inn is a very old motel (like 1960s vintage) but I think it was remodeled.  It is on Highway 31 and you have to drive to find a place to eat.  Country Hearth was built as a Holiday Inn Express but changed owners several years ago.  It is right at the interstate but the on-line reviews are not too good.  I live here in Athens and am a TVA RP retiree.  For an overall better stay I'd look at the new Holiday Inn Express.  It is away from the traffic and you can walk to 3 or 4 restaurants in a couple minutes.  Super 8 - no.  It is also an older place that looks like a two story double-wide trailer.  I don't know about the Travel Inn but it is always full and right next to the Cracker Barrel, which is always a good thing.
Dave

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?