Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Overall View of Background, Psych, Physical checks?  

Author Topic: Overall View of Background, Psych, Physical checks?  (Read 5090 times)

Offline apex_predetor

• Very Lite User
Good Morning All,

I had an interview for a senior level engineering position last week.  I was just wondering what the process is for the physical, psych, and other background checks? 

CAn anybody point me towards another post or webiste?

Thanks for all of teh help and guidance. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Overall View of Background, Psych, Physical checks?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:33 »
Good Morning All,

I had an interview for a senior level engineering position last week.  I was just wondering what the process is for the physical, psych, and other background checks? 

CAn anybody point me towards another post or webiste?

Thanks for all of teh help and guidance. 

You're kidding, right? "Senior level engineering" with no search, spell-checking or effort? Was that a University of Phoenix degree?

On-topic: For background checks etc, search "FFD" as a starter.

Offline apex_predetor

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2013, 01:26 »
Sick baby in one hand trying to type with the other.  Didn’t work out too well!

I don't know the industry terminology that would identify background checks appropriate for nuclear workers, or what is mandated by the NRC. 

I hoped that putting down the title of “engineer;” somebody here might be able to discriminate between what checks are required for engineering staff, as opposed to janitorial, security, operators, maintenance, etc.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:04 »
Pretty much everyone that has access inside a nuke plant has the same background checks. Physical is about the same, a bit more stringent for licensed operators.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php - try here for a start - type in search terms (nuke plant physical, background check, nuclear clearance, etc). Read a bit, most of the info is already here.

Search for interview stuff too. Interviews follow a particular format now - Star or something like that...

Hope the kiddo feels better soon - I remember those days.

Good luck -  :)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline apex_predetor

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:09 »
Thanks for the info.  I went through the interview last week.  All STAR questions (I hate those things)!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?