Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Victoreen 692 low-range ion chamber help request. honeypot

Author Topic: Victoreen 692 low-range ion chamber help request.  (Read 5497 times)

fnbrowning

Hello!

I have a Victoreen 692 low-range ion chamber gamma survey meter that requires repair.

I've been looking far and wide for the schematic and/or manual. Unfortunately, Victoreen/Fluke Biomedical no longer has these available, nor do they provide any help.

I really appreciate any assistance provided.
Have a pleasant weekend.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Victoreen 692 low-range ion chamber help request.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:19 »
The CD-V-715 is the same meter for about 95% of the internal components.

Those manuals can be found on e-bay with regularity.

Unfortunately you're going to have a difficult time with support parts from anybody, except maybe these guys:

http://www.ki4u.com/

seriously,....these guys know Victoreen,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

fnbrowning

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2013, 02:43 »
GLW;

Thanks for the reminder regarding ki4u.com. They did a nice job for me on a checkout/recalibration for a Lionel CD-V700 a couple of years ago, and I just never imagined they'd do anything but the yellow CD stuff.

You say the 692 low-range ion chamber is like the CD-V715 high range chamber? The 692 uses two batteries, to the 715's one, and I haven't readily seen the readily available calibration controls as the 715 does.
I just want to be sure GLW, before I start troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2013, 06:45 »
Not 715, the 710, my typo,...

Yes the circuits will lay out almost the same, the hivolt transformer is different but the electrometer tube is still a raytheon unit, the resistors and pots are Stackpoles, hi-megs and the chamber are still Victoreen's own,...

the trick is tracing out the circuits and cross referencing part numbers,...

that's where the 710 manual helps out, you can only put these analog units together a couple of ways, and victoreen was consistent throughout the analog days,...

If Dr. PF is still working at ORAU he might actually have what you are looking for,...

But he is a Dr. and a very involved man, so you need to be very respectful about imposing on his department's time,...

I'd let ki4u deal with it for me, then again, I only have so many minutes left on this side of the turf and I'm getting a bit selfish with them,...

best of luck,....

GLW

:P ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 07:02 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

fnbrowning

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2013, 12:41 »
GLW;

I called ki4u on the 19th, but the person I spoke to did not know if they could look at the commercial Vistoreen units. He said the techs are not in every day, and it appears it may be some days before I hear from them.

Dr. PF is still working at ORAU, but he's off for this MLK week.

As to the CD-V710, I cannot reconcile the manuals downloadable from the web against the Victoreen 692. One big difference is that the 710 models use a 22.5 volt battery that the 692 does not.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:22 »
There may be some assistance at Fluke as they still manufacture remnants of the Victoreen lines in Cleveland (e.g. the Fluke 451 series),...

milo124

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:19 »
I've had these folks do some repairs and calibration for me in the past.  It's been awhile but they were very helpful.

http://radsafety.com/instrument-repair.php

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?