Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Re: Fixes to the site.
honeypot

Author Topic: Re: Fixes to the site.  (Read 15037 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Fixes to the site.
« on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:33 »
Anyone else getting an annoying audio ad playing when you come to the NW front page (running Chrome), no separate tab? A guy talking about a fish, etc ?

drayer54

« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:54 »
Anyone else getting an annoying audio ad playing when you come to the NW front page (running Chrome), no separate tab? A guy talking about a fish, etc ?

yup..... I narrowed it down to this site. With an annoying pop up about leaving the site.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2013, 08:56 »
Only on Nukeworker do I get the "Powerful Secrets of Attraction" pop up.  Very annoying.
LM

Offline RTRT

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2013, 09:34 »
I get the FBI you owe us $300 for downloading " fill in the blank " files illegally everytime I access NW at home.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:17 »
I get the FBI you owe us $300 for downloading " fill in the blank " files illegally everytime I access NW at home.

I had the same problem a few days ago... that FBI malware can be a 24 Karat b*tch to get rid of if you don't already have the right software loaded.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

drayer54

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:20 »
Spy hunter removes that moneypak crap program well. No issues since I loaded it.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:36 »
I had the same problem a few days ago... that FBI malware can be a 24 Karat b*tch to get rid of if you don't already have the right software loaded.
Spy hunter removes that moneypak crap program well. No issues since I loaded it.

Malwarebytes removes it as well and it is free. The problem is getting to the internet to download it if the FBI 'virus' has already got hold of your computer. It very effectively locks up your browser, even cutting off access to your Task Manager.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RTRT

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:50 »
Malwarebytes removes it as well and it is free. The problem is getting to the internet to download it if the FBI 'virus' has already got hold of your computer. It very effectively locks up your browser, even cutting off access to your Task Manager.
I just power down my router, reboot and then I have access to Malwarebytes or other programs to remove it.

drayer54

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:57 »
Rebooting in safe mode helps you get rid of the bug.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:16 »
Rebooting in safe mode helps you get rid of the bug.

That didn't even work the first time I tried it.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

drayer54

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2013, 04:15 »
That didn't even work the first time I tried it.

It would have taken an escape from the boot menu, and then manually running safe mode. After which you would have to run Regedit and pick it out of the boot entries. It would get rid of it, but it was a pain to do every time you got stuck with it.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2013, 04:59 »
It would have taken an escape from the boot menu, and then manually running safe mode. After which you would have to run Regedit and pick it out of the boot entries. It would get rid of it, but it was a pain to do every time you got stuck with it.

I tried Safe Mode. I tried to end the offending processes but could not do that, either. I even tried Regedit, but the perpetrators are apparently quick learners... most of the expected registry entries (I had a list I downloaded using my work PC) were not there. They must have changed them to make them more 'stealthy.'

Malwarebytes worked like a charm.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Re: Fixes to the site.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2013, 11:49 »
Looking into it.  Been out of town for a funeral the last few days.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2013, 11:51 »
Looks like the index page was changed on 1/14/13.  I replaced the file with a backup.  Let me know if that fixes it.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 02:34 by Rennhack »

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:12 »
Mike,
No problems this morning.
LM

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: Jul 04, 2013, 01:15 »
So, just as afternoon rains help the weeds grow but not the garden....

Firefox just pushed r22 out to the world, we had a spammer post a lawn service, and the site once again gives that "your machine is infected" error message to Firefox users but not Chrome. Looks like the script kiddies are trying to lay eggs in the site again  >:(

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2013, 09:49 »
I was out of town this week until just now.  Thanks for the report.  I'll do a scan and see what turns up.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?