Career Path > NRC

Need explanation of Simulator Maintenance job?

<< < (3/6) > >>

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: weatherby460 on Jan 31, 2013, 08:50 ---Had the interview....it went well...it is a contract to hire job for eventually to be a maintenance person......i hope i get it

--- End quote ---

Are you going to take it if they only offer the pay as discussed? It does look like a decent foot in the door!

weatherby460:
Here is my deal...i am out of work, my company moved out of the states, I was making $31 an hour in maintenance.  My wife has health insurance, so I am ok there.  I am going to ask for 27.50 if I get the offer.  Which is still cheap since they are not paying for any benefits...but, I am sure they will low ball me.  But, I think its the best chance I have to get my foot in the door...its a 45 mile commute each way, but i think I can tolerate that just fine.  Finally I was on third shift.....this is day shift...thats a huge bonus for me.  No pre taxed 401K kinda bites...I have always been vested in a 401K since I was 18.

Any thoughts

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: weatherby460 on Feb 01, 2013, 09:42 ---Any thoughts

--- End quote ---

1. If you truly want the job, I wouldn't argue much over the pay.

2. Since you had 401k's, did you do a rollover? You should be able to contribute...but that's for the tax professionals to advise.

3. Foot in the door, and all that.

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: HydroDave63 on Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 ---1. If you truly want the job, I wouldn't argue much over the pay.

2. Since you had 401k's, did you do a rollover? You should be able to contribute...but that's for the tax professionals to advise.

3. Foot in the door, and all that.

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  What he said.  :)

weatherby460:
Are I&C Techs usually hired from within, or can people get in from the outside?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version