Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu HP career Development honeypot

Author Topic: HP career Development  (Read 3901 times)

Mattmoser

HP career Development
« on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:20 »
I will be contracting as Jr. RP at Palo for the Spring 13 outage..As I have now finished the RP Program at Estrella Mountain Community College in addition to my B.S. in International Finance, I'm looking to continue my development in RP beyond my normal workday.  Does anyone have any advice on successful strategies that worked for them, or did NOT work?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have less than one year in the field.Feel free to message me directly, or reply to this post.  Thanks!

Content1

Re: HP career Development
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:02 »
Why did you get a degree in international finance and not work in that field?  I have a teaching degree and do not teach as it did not pay enough and the politics were bad enough to make me leave the field after I gave it a try for 5 years.  Being an RP is like a fall back position because it does not take a genius to be one.  The field is full of people who are there only for the money.  If the pay were cut in 1/2 people would bail left and right.  The pay is stagnant best now and nothing on the horizon to change it.  Do you have a deep love for HP work of is it just a job to you?  It make a difference to insure you are on the right career path.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: HP career Development
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2013, 09:25 »
Why did you get a degree in international finance and not work in that field? 

Because this isn't DerivativesAndEuroBondsWorker .com?  >:(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?