Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Having trouble translating

Author Topic: Having trouble translating  (Read 19155 times)

Offline Title Loan Man

• Very Lite User
Having trouble translating
« on: Jan 20, 2013, 05:43 »
Good whatever time of day it is where you are. I'm an oft-time lurker, and I think the rest of my life is going to probably depend on the advice of a stranger.

I suppose I should start with the necessary disclaimers. Firstly, I truly apologize if my issue has been previously addressed. I searched the board (honestly!) over the course of two days prior to posting and was unable to find a topic that even approached my problem. I suppose this is probably because I'm on a website titled "nukeworker" and I have no interest in the nuclear field, but I'll explain that later. I also apologize for the wall of text that will proceed. I tend to be wordy, especially when given a stage (IE my very own topic). Now, to explain my situation.

For the very first time ever on these boards, you are bearing witness to a 6 and out MM (I wish there was a sarcasm font). Also for the "first" time, I've amassed a large amount of qualifications, and I totally think I'm better than everyone because of it. For the sake of context, I'll list the important accomplishments now:

PPWS with 3395 NEC (<2 years)
QAS (>3 years)
Planner (>2 years)
QAI (>4 years)
CRW (>4 years, 6 months total to qualify)
CMO (>2 years)
WCS (> 1 year)
RT LPO (~1 year)
Drill team leader (~1 year)
RPPO (> 1 year)

That about covers everything I can think of off the top of my head. Now, I realize all of this effort makes me an extremely attractive candidate for -- an entry level position at many power plants. And herein lies the source of my problems. I have absolutely no interest in an entry level position in any organization, least of all the nuclear field. So, the obvious logical conclusion is that I'm no fit for the nuclear field.

And from this seed blossoms a mess of trouble. Aside from my passionate distaste for entry level work, I have a complete lack of passion. For anything. I would love to use my GI bill, but I don't have any particular interest in any field of study, and I don't want to spend two years figuring that out while I waste taxpayer money. I'm willing to work in any major city (1,000,000+ people) in the world, in pretty much any industry; so long as said industry is offering more than $50K (although I would seriously consider a $40K job that afforded me the opportunity to attend school full time). Now, I know I'm about to be berated with a dozen "OMG another Navy Nuke with a sense of entitlement" posts, but I don't think demanding 50K for my resume is a stretch by any means. Especially since I was just making ~40K base pay as an E-5.

You would think my search being this open ended would be helpful. This is the opposite of the truth. Because I don't "want" any particular quality in my future job, every job search yields thousands of results. And, as I'm sure you all know, not one of these results indicates what sort of compensation I'll receive at all, which is super awesome since that is the only job quality for which I have any real preference. I've gone to several head hunters, every one of which has told me to pack sand. I assume this is because I don't fit their cookie cutter mold. I looked on USAjobs, and applied for around 20 jobs, but for various reasons I've had no luck.

So, to approach something resembling a "point" to this post, I guess what I'm asking for is a sense of direction. What industries do you guys think I should be investigating where my resume will be relevant and attractive? I ask you guys because you all know exactly what everything on my resume means, no BS, and how it translates into real world experience. I was hoping you all might have some insight that would direct my search in a productive direction. Insight, of course, aside from the inevitable "lose your sense of entitlement". I know, and I understand. I busted my ass every single day for 6 years to build that resume for an organization I absolutely loathed to the core, and at least for the moment my only reward is this sense of entitlement. I hope you all understand.

Anyhow, I've rambled as advertised. I appreciate any and all comments, especially helpful ones. Thank you all in advance, and I apologize again for the inconvenient nature of my post.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Having trouble translating
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:06 »
You're a six and out nuke. Get in line with the thousands of other six and out nukes.

You're resume isn't that special, but you already knew that, as you yourself have said, you've head no luck with anything you apply to.

The six and out nukes that set themselves apart get a degree while they're in. They move to the head of the line.

And to be helpful, search Eaton Corporation job site for "Field service tech" positions. You'll make 100K after OT, about 70K starting, and you'll get a company truck all to yourself, that you can use as a POV when you're off. Here's a start;

http://find.eaton.jobs/field-service-technician-franklin-massachusetts/jobs-in/usa/jobs/

Good luck with your search.

Justin
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2013, 06:10 by Higgs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:16 »
Non-nuke jobs with travel pay better,...

Traveling jobs make finishing a degree difficult,...

Re-enlist, get a steady, low stress, shore duty billet, get a degree in something other than nuclear technology, an engineering degree is good, IT type degrees not so much, as that field is full of young hopefuls still living in their parents basement (seems like I've got one of those lurking around my abode),...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2013, 09:02 »
...I have a complete lack of passion. For anything. I would love to use my GI bill, but I don't have any particular interest in any field of study, and I don't want to spend two years figuring that out while I waste taxpayer money.

I would re-consider this.  School rocks, even (especially?) when you aren't going for anything special.  Surely there's something you might find interesting, if you gave it a shot?  Worst case scenario, you have a fun and interesting couple of years and come out with some kind of degree that moves you a little further away from that dreaded "entry-level" position.

Good luck! 

...from someone who has hit college eight times!  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Title Loan Man

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2013, 12:37 »
Justin, thank you for your advice. I'll spend the next few days looking into Field Service Technician positions and see if I can't scare up some attractive opportunities. I presume this position would preclude the possibility of using the GI Bill? I know like it seems like I'm waffling here, I just want to pick the option that offers the most opportunities, so the GI Bill will be a factor in my decision even if I'm not necessarily looking to use it.

Non-nuke jobs with travel pay better,...

Traveling jobs make finishing a degree difficult,...

Re-enlist, get a steady, low stress, shore duty billet, get a degree in something other than nuclear technology, an engineering degree is good, IT type degrees not so much, as that field is full of young hopefuls still living in their parents basement (seems like I've got one of those lurking around my abode),...

Well, reenlisting is absolutely off the table. I will not spend another day in the Navy for any price. I also tend to agree that IT would not be a good field to get into, which is convenient since my computer prowess is about 10 years behind the times. I have thought a little about studying electrical engineering, but I think a field as difficult as that would seriously inhibit my ability to work while I'm in school. And, to be honest, I'm beginning to think engineering is probably not a good field to get into, either. I don't think I ever saw any of the engineers on our boat smile. That's no way to live.

I would re-consider this.  School rocks, even (especially?) when you aren't going for anything special.  Surely there's something you might find interesting, if you gave it a shot?  Worst case scenario, you have a fun and interesting couple of years and come out with some kind of degree that moves you a little further away from that dreaded "entry-level" position.

Good luck!

...from someone who has hit college eight times!  Wink

This is probably all true and good advice. I think one reason why I'm afraid to commit to college without any specific degree interest is the fact that I consider the last six years of my life to be utterly wasted, and I'm petrified that I'll make the same mistake in school and end up wasting the entirety of my 20s. I do think failing to acquire a degree will be a mistake, but I also think going to school for the sake of prolonging my need to get my adult life started would also be counterproductive.

Eight times?! Should I be calling you Dr. UncaBuffalo?

Thank you to everyone who has already responded. If it isn't already evident, my confusion factor is through the roof. I think even the best of advice would be lost on me in the state of mind I'm in.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2013, 12:39 by Title Loan Man »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2013, 04:23 »
Justin, thank you for your advice. I'll spend the next few days looking into Field Service Technician positions and see if I can't scare up some attractive opportunities. I presume this position would preclude the possibility of using the GI Bill? I know like it seems like I'm waffling here, I just want to pick the option that offers the most opportunities, so the GI Bill will be a factor in my decision even if I'm not necessarily looking to use it.

Well, reenlisting is absolutely off the table. I will not spend another day in the Navy for any price. I also tend to agree that IT would not be a good field to get into, which is convenient since my computer prowess is about 10 years behind the times. I have thought a little about studying electrical engineering, but I think a field as difficult as that would seriously inhibit my ability to work while I'm in school. And, to be honest, I'm beginning to think engineering is probably not a good field to get into, either. I don't think I ever saw any of the engineers on our boat smile. That's no way to live.

This is probably all true and good advice. I think one reason why I'm afraid to commit to college without any specific degree interest is the fact that I consider the last six years of my life to be utterly wasted, and I'm petrified that I'll make the same mistake in school and end up wasting the entirety of my 20s. I do think failing to acquire a degree will be a mistake, but I also think going to school for the sake of prolonging my need to get my adult life started would also be counterproductive.

Eight times?! Should I be calling you Dr. UncaBuffalo?

Thank you to everyone who has already responded. If it isn't already evident, my confusion factor is through the roof. I think even the best of advice would be lost on me in the state of mind I'm in.

No, not at all. The buddy I know that did that job went to school as well. It is a VERY attractive job..., that even I, as a licensed SRO, took a long hard look at. In the end, though, I decided that I just couldn't live on 100K. :P

They have tuition assistance as well.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:29 »
....And, to be honest, I'm beginning to think engineering is probably not a good field to get into, either. I don't think I ever saw any of the engineers on our boat smile. That's no way to live......

a Navy Officer filling the job of ship's Engineer is not in the same universe as a civilian P.E.,...

but then, everybody has to do what they have to do,...

it's not like the unemployment numbers are at all time lows and there is wide open employment opportunity running amok,...

.....I suppose this is probably because I'm on a website titled "nukeworker" and I have no interest in the nuclear field,....

then again what do we know?!?

your success or failure in the non-nuclear world means little to nothing in these forums,...

thank you for your service and good luck out there,...somewhere,... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:30 »

I applaud you for not being willing to "sell your soul" to the Navy.

I would recommend that you take a personal inventory of the reasons you hated the Navy. If afterwards you realize what you really hated was nuclear power I would recommend finding a new line of work. Life is too short to hate your job, not for any amount of money.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2013, 07:33 »
I was a 6 and out MM/ELT with a freedom date of 3/26/84. It was a monumental day and a great start to the rest of life. The nuclear industry has been very good to me even considering that after 29 years and at 55 yrs. young, life will be changing for me and mine as the plant I am currently at is on its way to having Tave at ambient and Pzr. pressure at 14.7 psi. - for good. It sucks but life rolls on. You have to work on an attitude and perspective adjustment first and foremost. If your hatred of the Navy is as deep as stated, at least be happy you are getting out. With your current mental state I would say your best bet would be a prison guard at San Quentin. You are young, you are highly trainable, drop the tude and enjoy your new found freedom.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 07:35 by fiveeleven »

Offline Raisesomehell

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2013, 07:44 »
You couldn't have said it any better. I get out in exactly one year and I am heavily considering college. However I am unwilling to sacrifice my current life style. Finding a decent paying job that would allow me to attend school close to full time seems less likely that finding a wild unicorn. However I am on the hunt and when I find that unicorn, I'll let know where to look!
(Sorry if this was kind of pointless)

Offline Title Loan Man

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:05 »
I applaud you for not being willing to "sell your soul" to the Navy.

I would recommend that you take a personal inventory of the reasons you hated the Navy. If afterwards you realize what you really hated was nuclear power I would recommend finding a new line of work. Life is too short to hate your job, not for any amount of money.

The majority of my hatred for the Navy stems from the "big navy" headache. There were aspects of my nuclear job that grated my nerves, but that wasn't what drove me away. As stated previously, my primary reason for avoiding the continuation of my nuclear career in the civilian sector is the realization that I'll be starting at the lowest possible level.

Of course, that being stated, I would still have reservations about being a civilian nuke without this issue. It's just a matter of beating a dead horse if I keep thinking of reasons not to do something if I've already decided not to do it.

I was a 6 and out MM/ELT with a freedom date of 3/26/84. It was a monumental day and a great start to the rest of life. The nuclear industry has been very good to me even considering that after 29 years and at 55 yrs. young, life will be changing for me and mine as the plant I am currently at is on its way to having Tave at ambient and Pzr. pressure at 14.7 psi. - for good. It sucks but life rolls on. You have to work on an attitude and perspective adjustment first and foremost. If your hatred of the Navy is as deep as stated, at least be happy you are getting out. With your current mental state I would say your best bet would be a prison guard at San Quentin. You are young, you are highly trainable, drop the tude and enjoy your new found freedom.

Believe me when I say that I am ecstatic. I've been walking on sunshine since the moment I was handed my 214. It's more a matter of me realizing that I have a very small window with which I can hit the ground running, and if I waste it I will spend a long time making up for it.

I don't mean to have an attitude. I'm trying to make sure I make the best long term decision, since I clearly made a mistake six years ago. Unfortunately, all I have is a short list of things I absolutely refuse to do and a very vague series of expectations. As I'm sure you realized almost 30 years ago, there isn't exactly a handbook for this, and that's if you already know what you want.

You couldn't have said it any better. I get out in exactly one year and I am heavily considering college. However I am unwilling to sacrifice my current life style. Finding a decent paying job that would allow me to attend school close to full time seems less likely that finding a wild unicorn. However I am on the hunt and when I find that unicorn, I'll let know where to look!

It does seem that we have similar goals. Maybe (hopefully) our experience can assist one or both of us in the near future.

I am very appreciative of all advice I've received thus far. I hope it isn't too much of a bother if I take some time to sort through this mess.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2013, 02:14 »

I guess it depends on what your definition of "decent pay" is. When I got out four years ago I started in maintenance at a manufacturing plant. Over the last four years I’ve finished two Bachelors degrees and am half way through my MBA. I also went from 14-30 $/hr and am now a salaried manager.

There is plenty of opportunity out there for a ex-nuke. In the land of the blind the man with one eye is king. Translation, sometimes outside the nuclear power world you get to be a very big fish in a very small pond.

Xenon_Free

« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:30 »
Yup, I'm having the same problem.  I am unmotivated, lack any sense of direction, have a few specialized skills and hate my last employer furiously.  I am looking for a company to drop off some money to my house or perhaps we could work out some sort of arrangement where I would run your company in exchange for said money.  
Please let me know if you are interested.

XF
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 by Xenon_Free »

Xenon_Free

« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:45 »
Okay, first things first.  Get your crap together.

1. Never, ever bad mouth your last employer, this is life long advice
2. The navy taught you more than you think, you can use this to your advantage.  Stuff like learning fast, taking feedback with your mouth closed, working very long hours, etc.
3. What do you like doing?  If you are looking at the rest of your life in your mid-twenties than go to college and get a degree in what you already enjoy.  Do it now before you start making any real money, otherwise you will probably never do it.
4. A good attitude and motivation are essential traits in great employees, you MUST cultivate them.
5. Whatever job you do get, you will likely be "entry level" - accept this and move forward.  With #4 under your belt you will not be entry level for long.
6. The commercial industry is not like the navy in most ways, I suppose the command structure is similar but that is nearly the end of the similarities.  Are you sure you want to write off your last 6 years of experience?

If you do not start with an inventory of yourself you could end up with a job as a world of Warcraft character leveler...

Advice worth what you paid.
XF
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2013, 12:42 by Xenon_Free »

Offline Title Loan Man

• Very Lite User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2013, 02:02 »
Yup, I'm having the same problem.  I am unmotivated, lack any sense of direction, have a few specialized skills and hate my last employer furiously.  I am looking for a company to drop off some money to my house or perhaps we could work out some sort of arrangement where I would run your company in exchange for said money. 
Please let me know if you are interested.

Point taken, although I don't think it's really that applicable to me. I don't think it's all that demanding to expect a better job than a high school graduate with no work experience.

1. Never, ever bad mouth your last employer, this is life long advice

Did I? I mean, I guess I did when I said I would never reenlist. Well, I certainly have no intention of bad mouthing the Navy to a potential employer; I guess I should've been more sensitive to that.

3. What do you like doing?  If you are looking at the rest of your life in your mid-twenties than go to college and get a degree in what you already enjoy.  Do it now before you start making any real money, otherwise you will probably never do it.

I 100% agree. The only issue is the only two things I know I enjoy (football and comedy) would be absolutely irresponsible to pursue at this juncture in my life. I really only know what I don't want to do with my life; I have no idea what I actually want to do.

6. The commercial industry is not like the navy in most ways, I suppose the command structure is similar but that is nearly the end of the similarities.  Are you sure you want to write off your last 6 years of experience?

I'm really not sure, to be honest. It just seemed that in so many ways staying nuke was a check in so many boxes that I didn't want a check in. It's not that I'm rejecting the nuclear industry; it's more of me accepting that with my priorities I am an ill fit for the nuclear industry.

Thank you for your advice. It was worth more than I paid for  :P

Offline Cleaver6

• Light User
  • Strive for perfection, but retain humility.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:55 »
Look into Semiconductor manufacturing equipment maintenance technician jobs. They almost always work 3 day/4 day compressed (12 hour) shifts meaning you always have at least three days off every week. Most of the companies I've been associated with are quite flexible if they know you are in school.

This industry loves ex-nukes and pays decently. You'd still be close to entry-level, skill-wise.
Ex-Marine avionics tech; father of prospective sailor.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:44 »
If I were in your place, I'd go to college right away.  Use that GI Bill down to the last penny.
Here's the secret - you don't have to have the first clue about what you want to do, or what you want to study, in order to go to college.  You look in the catalog for some humanities, electives, arts and sciences, etc.  Take a few that seem like fun.  Along the way, something or another will catch your interest.  Then, something else.
While you're doing that, forget about a career or even a field.  Think about what you would love to do just for you and not for a living, then find a way to make a living at that.  If there are no such jobs, start meeting people who are happy.  Find out why.  There might be something there.  A college is a great place to find people who are passionate about things you haven't even heard of yet.  Who knows what you will discover there?

You're young.  Follow the road ahead to wherever your heart takes you.  The money will come later.
Good luck, and thank you for your service.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline kc351

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:40 »
Title Loan Man, I am enjoying every post in your thread. I'm also going to be a 6nout nuke like yourself though not as accomplished. I wish I had enough courage or confidence as you do to leave the nuclear community. Though not as likely, I'm googling other job opportunities not necessarily as a plant watchstander, log recorder, or system operator. If I come across something that seems to have you written all over it, I'll be sure to shoot it your way to try and help however I can, since obviously I have no current experiences to share with you. I will say though, you write very well (maybe you should be a writer... :)).

I look forward to continue reading your thread. Good Luck.

Offline Title Loan Man

• Very Lite User
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:35 »
An update:

As previously advised I started applying for Field Service Technician jobs, and within a day I was being contacted by recruiters. Within a week I was fielding 4-5 calls a day. I interviewed with several companies and eventually received a job offer from Ensco to be a subsea engineer. They have a pipeline very reminiscent of the nuke pipeline, and once I'm done with it I'll be clearing $150,000. I really do want to use my GI Bill, but this opportunity was too great to pass up. I suppose it'll have to wait a few years. I do intend to finish my Thomas Edison Nuclear Technology degree so I at least have something in my back pocket until I can study something that interests me more.

Thanks again for all of the advice. I really do think I owe most of my success in this job search to this forum. Thank you again, and take care.

EDIT: @kc351: I've actually been told by many people that I should pursue writing professionally, and I do think that may someday be in my future. But, like football and stand up comedy, I didn't think it was a wise career path for me to follow at this juncture in my life.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2013, 10:38 by Title Loan Man »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:24 »
Congrats! Good luck!

Justin

PS I hope this doesn't apply to you.  8)

http://www.enscoplc.com/Careers/Recruiting-Scam/default.aspx
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013, 02:32 by Higgs »

Offline Title Loan Man

• Very Lite User
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:22 »
Haha, no. They've already flown me out for an in-person interview. Thanks, though.

Offline kc351

• Very Lite User
« Reply #21 on: Feb 22, 2013, 07:06 »
That's great news, congrats. Were you utilizing a headhunter, a job searchsite, or did you just stumble upon and apply to this company on your own? Any further information or a link regarding the training pipeline for this field?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #22 on: Feb 22, 2013, 07:40 »
That's great news, congrats. Were you utilizing a headhunter, a job searchsite, or did you just stumble upon and apply to this company on your own? Any further information or a link regarding the training pipeline for this field?

The job he's going to do isn't easy, and will require you to live on a drilling rig. I'm sure he can give you more info, but basically, you definitely earn your keep in that job.

Justin

Offline On The Brink

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2013, 09:38 »
Preface: I've trolled this forum at various times in the past couple years as I have long known I will be just another 6 and out MMN (SS).

I identify with Title Loan Man on so many levels it's like reading my own thoughts.

That being said, I'm in a somewhat different situation.  I have a wife, and I've limited myself to a single geographical location (family concerns.)  I have heard of a similar job to the one that TLM is pursuing, a RL-div chief, who actually just had his LDO commissioning ceremony today, told me about how we was offered a similar job by a recruiting agency when he was thinking about getting out at 6 years.  It was to be a QA type job on oil rigs (at sea) with that large percentage of travel throughout the year, and a yearly income approaching $200k.  I was baffled by that number, but I have realized that one of the number one reasons that I myself am not going to stay in the Navy is the lack of time I actually get to spend at home with my wife, and time I get to spend with non-co-worker friends.  At the moment the entire engineering department is averaging 96 hour work weeks on a three section duty rotation.  We've been doing this for months, and the outlook is that it's going to only get worse in the coming 6-10 months.  F*** EROs. 

All the pessimism and malcontent second class BS aside though, I wouldn't have found myself reading this thread if I wasn't clearly in the same spot as TLM since I navigated here through a random frustrated google search.

The conclusion that I find myself coming to is one that was discussed/recommended in this thread, and that's to use my GI bill.  I've all ready got two years college under my belt prior to being in the Navy, and thankfully my wife and I are quite frugal, so we're very prepped for getting out, and we are more than capable of living on a couple part time jobs while I go to school.  I feel that a degree helps in todays job market, so clearly I should get one.  I also believe that what the degree is in is a very big deal, so I intend to study something that I find interesting, not something specifically targeted to a job type or job market.  That degree will be Chemistry, which I'm sure will be more useful than, say, the token "underwater basket weaving" degree.

Blah, at this point my long windedness is coming out and further making think of how much I identify with TLM.

Why did I even write this response?  Oh yeah, I was frustrated while trying to give myself the check in the box feeling of having at least searched for a decent job before I threw in the towel and just used my GI bill.

drayer54

« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2013, 10:01 »
I know some people who did seasonal work on the rigs to pay their way through college and they never came back fat.
Maybe I can talk my plant into a month a year on the rigs type diet plan?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?