Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pre-formed 6112M Teletector sleeving?
honeypot

Author Topic: Pre-formed 6112M Teletector sleeving?  (Read 4778 times)

Offline wainfiggitty

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Pre-formed 6112M Teletector sleeving?
« on: Jan 24, 2013, 02:23 »
Trying to find this stuff, figured I'd throw this out in the forums to see if someone can help. I have used pre-formed sleeving for teletectors before, it was manufactured to the correct length and diameter and was a pink type of plastic. I am trying to locate a vendor that can supply such material. Last place I saw this stuff was before I left Palo Verde in 2008. Much easier to use than measuring out 3" sleeving. Thanks for any info...

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
Re: Pre-formed 6112M Teletector sleeving?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2013, 09:42 »
Trying to find this stuff, figured I'd throw this out in the forums to see if someone can help. I have used pre-formed sleeving for teletectors before, it was manufactured to the correct length and diameter and was a pink type of plastic. I am trying to locate a vendor that can supply such material. Last place I saw this stuff was before I left Palo Verde in 2008. Much easier to use than measuring out 3" sleeving. Thanks for any info...

And you haven't asked Palo Verde because....?
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline wainfiggitty

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:40 »
I was at work and was asked to find this info out, didn't have my old PV contact emails readily available, and this website was easy to get to and is seen by many people who may have a helpful answer...

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2013, 02:47 »
I was at work and was asked to find this info out, didn't have my old PV contact emails readily available, and this website was easy to get to and is seen by many people who may have a helpful answer...

2nd try, google search:

http://www.ziegler.de/index.php?id=55&pgid=160710&source=productlist&pid=1935876&L=1

Personally, i found then to be a pain in the a$$, and preferred to stick a surgeons glove over the probe, and pay attention to contamination control. The meter is fairly easy to decon, and it's not gonna get free released anyway.

A teletector is able to get 1 (and only  1) underwater reading with a glove over the probe...  ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline wainfiggitty

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:29 »
Thanks for the link.  :)

I completely agree with your suggestions, however, in an ever increasing pursuit of contamination control practices and industry scruitiny my superiors tend to not share the same sentiments   :P

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 »

A teletector is able to get 1 (and only  1) underwater reading with a glove over the probe...  ;)
using glove over probe and 3" sleeving up the telescopic housing will give you moor than won reading per meter.  unfortunately, technician is usually limited to only one survey of this type.   ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?