NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu help

Author Topic: help  (Read 5545 times)

Offline saucebox

• Lurker
help
« on: Jan 24, 2013, 04:02 »
Hello Everyone.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my resume.  Im thinking it is garbage as I am not getting too many responses.  I am trying to get into the operations field in fossil power plants rather then nuclear as my degree is Power Plant Technology.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:53 »
I have several on deck ahead of you, but you can get in the queue if you want.

PM me for details if interested.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Content1

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:19 »
Do you have a friend named Boson? 

As far as resumes' go, the best idea is to do a goggle search of someone else's resume wanting a similar job, or talk with the people at a college.  Most of use did our resume' by example.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 12:04 »

As far as resumes' go, the best idea is to do a goggle search of someone else's resume wanting a similar job, or talk with the people at a college.  Most of use did our resume' by example.

Thus encouraging two banes of academia.... Copying, and Error Carried Forward

The better approach would be to find someone IN the desired job, and ask them. Oh wait, that's what was done here!  :P

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:30 »
Do you have a friend named Boson? 

Actually, the best idea is for him to take me up on my offer, which he has. ;)

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline saucebox

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2013, 11:13 »
I dont know what this Boson is that you are referring to but thanks guys.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2013, 02:41 »
I dont know what this Boson is that you are referring to but thanks guys.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/higgs-boson.htm

Little joke, probably referring to Higgs login ID, and the impression that he is one of the more consistent contributors on here...

Our own little god particle maybe?
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:16 »
Indeed, my screen name was chosen due to my interest in that field...,  8)

Justin

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:16 »
Indeed, my screen name was chosen due to my interest in that field...,  8)

Justin

And I assume your avatar was chosen based on the same logic.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2013, 02:22 »
And I assume your avatar was chosen based on the same logic.

Or to keep the rest of us paying attention when he goes off on a tangent and talks above our heads...  8)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?