Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Andy Konwinski honeypot

Author Topic: Andy Konwinski  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Andyssister

• Very Lite User
Andy Konwinski
« on: Jan 28, 2013, 04:27 »
It is with an extremely heavy heart that I leave this post to inform the nuclear community of the passing of my brother, Andy.
For all of you that knew my brother, keep him in your heart as I too shall do. Andy wouldn't have wanted tears and such sadness. He would have just said "Sandra, today was my day", poured us each a drink and told me to carry on.
With that, pour yourself one and join me in saying goodbye to Andy.
Andy was my only older brother; very protective , funny and crazy beyond words.  He will be missed!
Love you brother!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Andy Konwinski
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:34 »
I did not know Andy but that is one of the best memorials I have read. I am only sorry I could not have shared a drink with him while he was with us.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

hilla35

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2013, 10:17 »
It is with an extremely heavy heart that I leave this post to inform the nuclear community of the passing of my brother, Andy.
For all of you that knew my brother, keep him in your heart as I too shall do. Andy wouldn't have wanted tears and such sadness. He would have just said "Sandra, today was my day", poured us each a drink and told me to carry on.
With that, pour yourself one and join me in saying goodbye to Andy.
Andy was my only older brother; very protective , funny and crazy beyond words.  He will be missed!
Love you

Sandy, thanks so much or the update on Andy, my heart goes out to you and your kids loosing their uncle. You guys were close, fun to watch the two of you interact. I lost contact with Andy quite a few years ago and had search for him but no luck. Way back when Andy and I kinda grew up together as far as Boiler Reactors go, I have very fond memories of he and I. I have missed him, now I know he is at peace. Thanks again Sandy
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2013, 06:10 by Marlin »

Offline Andyssister

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:03 »
By interacting you mean Andy doing all those aggravating things at work. There were days that he was just on a roll, unmercifully picking on me. I tried to give it right back to him, but I never got the reaction out of him like he got from me.  He always knew what buttons to push.( and oh how he could embarass me!!!)  All my life I knew that was his way of showing me that he loved me and I wouldn't have had it any other way!!Only in the past few years did he come right out and tell me that he loved me.  Guess both of us finally grew a up a little ( although he'd deny the growing up part).

My sons, especially Dan (he and Andy enjoyed fishing and frogging together), are really struggling with this. Keep them in your prayers. Our dad, Tom, is the one hurting most of all but he does that behind closed doors and needs your prayers also.Thank you for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. We'll all survive this, its just going to take alot of time.

Thanks for posting. Its kinda of a guessing game for me because I'm not sure who's leaving the post but I miss all of the friends from the nuke days!!( Sign your name if you chose)
Brings back memories. Makes me smile. Makes me laugh. Makes me cry. Thank you.

ISOCS

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:21 »
Really sorry to hear about Andy. He always had a good sense of humor when I worked with him. He will be remembered and missed.
ISOCS

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?