Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Have an interview with Exelon honeypot

Author Topic: Have an interview with Exelon  (Read 33651 times)

Offline Phillip3364

• Light User
Re: Have an interview with Exelon
« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2013, 12:12 »
While I don't have any commercial nuclear experience while applying for jobs in the past I have always been in constant contact with hr.  People have always told me it lets them know you want the job and are interested.  Had Exelon not contacted me so quickly they did tell me 3 weeks when I asked at the interview.  You can bet I would be calling my hr rep at 3 weeks to ask the status of my application.

Offline MacGyverFan1

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Feb 15, 2013, 11:09 »
Just called on-site Hr and was told interviewing is done, they are now in the process of contacting those that were hired.  Was also told that I should call the recruiter if I had not heard anything. So I called, got voice-mail and left a message.

At this point it doesn't look good.

Offline Phillip3364

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Feb 15, 2013, 12:10 »
I wish you the best of luck.  What is your background? There are a lot of jobs on the Exelon site.  Maybe you qualify for something else if your heart is set on Exelon. 

Don't throw in the towel and go after ops somewhere else if that's what you want to do.  Things just fell into place for me.  A buddy who works at a bank was scrolling through job postings and saw the listing for Byron and emailed it to me.  Life has a funny way of working out sometimes.

Offline MacGyverFan1

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Feb 15, 2013, 12:25 »
I'm an engineering technician, past twelve years been working with substation digital fault recorders. I hold an AAS degree in electronics engineering and a BS degree in biology.

Unfortunately I am tied down to the area because my wife is employed here and it would be even more difficult for her to find a job elsewhere.  I'm willing to do the commute to Byron and have applied to several postings but never heard anything back.

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2013, 12:31 »
I'm an engineering technician, past twelve years been working with substation digital fault recorders. I hold an AAS degree in electronics engineering and a BS degree in biology.

Unfortunately I am tied down to the area because my wife is employed here and it would be even more difficult for her to find a job elsewhere.  I'm willing to do the commute to Byron and have applied to several postings but never heard anything back.

Maybe someone can look at your resume and give you an objective opinion.  You sound like a good fit for ComEd, have you looked in to that?

Offline MacGyverFan1

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2013, 12:43 »
Com Ed has called for substation design in western Illinois.  Phone interview went well and he wanted me to come in for testing. I told him to hold off because I really wanted into operations.

Offline allenmurrow

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:36 »
Phillip,

Your AO class should start off with some basic NRC generic fundamentals (http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/operator-licensing/generic-fundamentals-examinations/pwr.html).

I'm sure with your navy background that you already have been exposed to those topics but it would probably help to review that material prior to class starting. Feel free to use my GF study website that I created when I was hired as a non-licensed operator (http://nuclear.allenmurrow.com).

Good luck and congrats!
Generic Fundamentals Study Website for BWRs & PWRs
http://nuclear.allenmurrow.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?