Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Duke Energy, New Hill NC

Author Topic: Duke Energy, New Hill NC  (Read 8780 times)

Offline kthilton

• Lurker
Duke Energy, New Hill NC
« on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:45 »
Has anyone that has taken and passed the POSS received an interview yet?

Offline caboose2012

• Very Lite User
Re: Duke Energy, New Hill NC
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:44 »
Hi kthilton,

I passed the POSS and had my interview for the NLO position there on February 5th.  The email they sent out said I could pick an interview time on February 4th - February 8th, but that is all they told me.  I do know that the class starts on February 25 there so I'd imagine they would be wrapping up pretty quickly.  I hope this helps and good luck.

Offline orangery

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2013, 09:53 »
They are still looking at applications, from what I've heard. I understand that they've wrapped up the interviews for the applications they got in January and didn't find enough candidates. They are planning to send offers to some of those soon but are going to start more interviews. Also, one of the company's plants is shutting down permanently and now the qualified workers from there want to move and get into this class. This will make competition tougher.

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2013, 04:42 »
"Also, one of the company's plants is shutting down permanently and now the qualified workers from there want to move and get into this class. This will make competition tougher."

Yes, that's correct. The Crystal River Nuclear Station is slated for decommissioning, and given that the employees there are unionized, they have first dibs on any openings within Duke Energy (given they're qualified of course), if they're willing to re-locate.

Offline x633ro

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2013, 06:15 »
Not entirely true.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:10 »
Not entirely true.

So, care to elaborate?

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline dea

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:47 »
I can't speak about Duke policy but when I was at a union plant that decommissioned  the other plants operated by the same company had no obligation to take us not even the unionized one. We had to apply for the available positions. They did try to hire us if they could.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:04 »
"Also, one of the company's plants is shutting down permanently and now the qualified workers from there want to move and get into this class. This will make competition tougher."

Yes, that's correct. The Crystal River Nuclear Station is slated for decommissioning, and given that the employees there are unionized, they have first dibs on any openings within Duke Energy (given they're qualified of course), if they're willing to re-locate.

Absolutely incorrect! dea is more on target.

CR folks will need to apply just like anyone else. They may be more qualified but will not get special treatment, that has already been communicated

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?