Facility & Company Information > Shearon Harris

Duke Energy, New Hill NC

(1/2) > >>

kthilton:
Has anyone that has taken and passed the POSS received an interview yet?

caboose2012:
Hi kthilton,

I passed the POSS and had my interview for the NLO position there on February 5th.  The email they sent out said I could pick an interview time on February 4th - February 8th, but that is all they told me.  I do know that the class starts on February 25 there so I'd imagine they would be wrapping up pretty quickly.  I hope this helps and good luck.

orangery:
They are still looking at applications, from what I've heard. I understand that they've wrapped up the interviews for the applications they got in January and didn't find enough candidates. They are planning to send offers to some of those soon but are going to start more interviews. Also, one of the company's plants is shutting down permanently and now the qualified workers from there want to move and get into this class. This will make competition tougher.

RP Instructor:
"Also, one of the company's plants is shutting down permanently and now the qualified workers from there want to move and get into this class. This will make competition tougher."

Yes, that's correct. The Crystal River Nuclear Station is slated for decommissioning, and given that the employees there are unionized, they have first dibs on any openings within Duke Energy (given they're qualified of course), if they're willing to re-locate.

x633ro:
Not entirely true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version