Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What are the going rates these days?  

Author Topic: What are the going rates these days?  (Read 7943 times)

Offline neutrino

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
What are the going rates these days?
« on: Nov 13, 2004, 11:20 »
I've been off the road for a few years (and contemplating going back on). 

----What are the going rates for Sr HP's these days at power plants?

----What's the average duration for a tech at a plant?

When I left (5 yrs ago) SR's were getting $18-23/hr, 80-120/day diem,  ~$1000/day bonus, ~$500 travel max.  Contracts lasted from 5-10 weeks depending on scope.

Still the same?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: What are the going rates these days?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2004, 01:13 »
Add 10% to the hourly and subtract 30-50% from the outage duration.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2004, 01:14 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

stownsend

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2005, 03:29 »
~$1000/day bonus ? sign me up

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2005, 03:33 »
~$1000/day bonus ? sign me up

I agree... bet he meant $1000/outage. You can also cut the travel pay down to about $300 max and take the full 50% off the duration of most unless it is a component replacement outage (head, s/g, pressurizer, etc.)
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2005, 03:36 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2005, 03:35 »
And a 5 week outage is a good one.

You can get hired for SGRP outage and get laid off in less than 5 weeks!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?