Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu job offer
honeypot

Author Topic: job offer  (Read 8372 times)

Offline pole53

• Very Lite User
job offer
« on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:39 »
So, good news...

I finally received a verbal offer for an NLO position.  Here's the thing.  The job was offered verbally over a week ago and the HR lady was supposed to send me an email with the written offer.  I haven't received it.  I get that they're busy.  But how long should I wait before contacting HR to inquire about the written offer?  There was no set start date, just some time in April. I'm sure that, along with the job specifics and salary,it will be in the letter as well.

Really, I'm a wait-and-see kinda person.  Waiting for the offer doesn't bother me.  But my wife thinks I should call and find out what's going on.  Just to make her feel better, I'm asking for advice from people who have experience with this, before I call the company.  What do you think?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: job offer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:54 »
So, good news...

I finally received a verbal offer for an NLO position.  Here's the thing.  The job was offered verbally over a week ago and the HR lady was supposed to send me an email with the written offer.  I haven't received it.  I get that they're busy.  But how long should I wait before contacting HR to inquire about the written offer?  There was no set start date, just some time in April. I'm sure that, along with the job specifics and salary,it will be in the letter as well.

Really, I'm a wait-and-see kinda person.  Waiting for the offer doesn't bother me.  But my wife thinks I should call and find out what's going on.  Just to make her feel better, I'm asking for advice from people who have experience with this, before I call the company.  What do you think?

I think that the wife in this story demonstrates more initiative, and therefore would likely make a better NLO. Just sayin'  :P

MacGyver

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:12 »
So, good news...

I finally received a verbal offer for an NLO position.  Here's the thing.  The job was offered verbally over a week ago and the HR lady was supposed to send me an email with the written offer.  I haven't received it.  I get that they're busy.  But how long should I wait before contacting HR to inquire about the written offer?  There was no set start date, just some time in April. I'm sure that, along with the job specifics and salary,it will be in the letter as well.

Really, I'm a wait-and-see kinda person.  Waiting for the offer doesn't bother me.  But my wife thinks I should call and find out what's going on.  Just to make her feel better, I'm asking for advice from people who have experience with this, before I call the company.  What do you think?

I think you should take your wife's advice AND for the sake of your marriage NEVER tell her you asked random strangers on an a'non'ah'mas forum for advice on whether we think she offered you good advice.

In point of fact,,, I agree with HydroDave63,,,  :P
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2013, 09:14 by MacGyver »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:14 »
So, good news...

The wife is right, it's your career, go after it.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline pole53

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2013, 07:03 »
Ok, thanks for all that.  I'm planning to call today when I get a break at work.  What I would like to know is the length of time you had to wait before receiving your offer letters.  Is it typical for a company to wait a week, 2 weeks, a month before sending it out?

Thanks.

Willy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:42 »
I waited 8 days.  The start date was within 3 weeks of my interview.  I bet every company is different. 

MacGyver

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2013, 06:24 »
Ok, thanks for all that.  I'm planning to call today when I get a break at work.  What I would like to know is the length of time you had to wait before receiving your offer letters.  Is it typical for a company to wait a week, 2 weeks, a month before sending it out?

Thanks.

I waited 8 days.  The start date was within 3 weeks of my interview.  I bet every company is different. 

This [insert above quote] or years if it's TVA,,, jus sayin,,, "it depends".

Follow this advice,,, or don't,,, Your call.

Then again,,, I'm Old School,,,

Offline Phillip3364

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2013, 12:10 »
Who did you get a verbal offer from if you don't mind me asking?  I got a verbal from exelon last week and I sent an email to hr today asking where my paperwork was.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?