Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Overseas plants to work at honeypot

Poll

where overseas nukes would you like to work and why?

england
6 (14%)
france
3 (7%)
germany
2 (4.7%)
russia
5 (11.6%)
brazil
9 (20.9%)
japan
2 (4.7%)
s africa
8 (18.6%)
sweden
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Overseas plants to work at  (Read 26459 times)

RADBASTARD

Overseas plants to work at
« on: Dec 01, 2003, 04:14 »
Which plant would you like to work at overseas and why.
If you have worked overseas fill us in on what you thought.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2004, 05:20 by Rennhack »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: overseas plants to work at
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2003, 06:45 »
I have heard good things about the S. African plant. Quite a few Americans worked there during initial Ops. I haven't heard of any opportunities lately.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2003, 06:51 »
I have heard good things about the S. African plant. Quite a few Americans worked there during initial Ops. I haven't heard of any opportunities lately.

I tried applying to the South Africans through their embassy in 1988. No luck  ??? Guess I needed to get out a few years earlier to catch the hiring wave.

I'd like to work the plants in Britain though. I hear the dining is gourmet, and the weather is nice  ;D Seriously, though, it would be great to work a UK facility and see how things are done elsewhere.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2003, 09:35 »
I want to try Russia, just 'cuz you always hear so much BAD about their older plants...I'd have a few good stories when I got done I bet!

Also would like to try S. Africa just to check out the culture...have never made it to that part of Africa.

Thanks for the poll, RadBastard...always fun to dream about travellin'.  Are you doing Brazil's SGRP?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2003, 11:12 »
are yinze freekin kidden me?  itz gotta be sweden! :-? [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=remykiss.gif]
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2003, 02:52 »
If I could speak Spanish, I would go to Turkey Point or one of the other Latin American nuclear sites. ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Austria

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2003, 06:48 »
I would not mind trying Germany, France, or Sweden. Heck....even the Ukraine would be closer to home.
Oh well....guess I'll keep rackin' up those frequent flyer miles.  ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2003, 05:04 »
Brazil is a good time your about 3 hours south of RIO.
Beach,thongs and night life.
I have been to many countries and I think it's the most beautiful that you will ever see.

They are suppose to have an SGRP in 2005?

I am sure uncabuffalo have been to alot of exotic countries that most of us would never think of going too.

I would love to go to germany or england again.I love it for the history of all kinds.I really am a huge WW2 BUFF and I forgot the BEER.

If they take us for the sgrp i'm there.So learn your portuguese

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
[smiley=shocked.gifRe: overseas plants to work at
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2003, 05:24 »
Brazil is a good time your about 3 hours south of RIO.
Beach,thongs and night life.

Nukeworkers in thongs. SloGlo gets the bill from my therapist for this one. :o

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re:  [smiley=shocked.gifRe: overseas plants t
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2003, 10:10 »

Nukeworkers in thongs.  :o

NO...STOP!  You're scarin' the kids! :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Harpo

« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2003, 03:37 »
SWEDEN - party, party, party ;D

kwicslvr

« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2003, 09:48 »
SWEDEN - party, party, party ;D

hehe...my wife's swedish......

Radman56

« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2003, 10:56 »
I spent two years in South Africa in the early eighties.....
great place to work.......great food, excellent wines, good living conditions!  

I don't know what it is like now.......would like to go back and find out!

Offline housedude

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2003, 10:05 »
Radbastard,
Brasil esta linda, sim. We had a pretty good time there, but the uncertainty of how long we would be there was pretty frustrating. The beach in Praia Brava was nice, but, Isla Grande has the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, well worth the 2.5 hour hike thru the rain forest. I went with the guy that was dating your sister in-law.
Taiwan was a good gig. Down south was really nice, very tropical and the people were respectful and friendly. They were country folks for the most part. Nice beach, but you're not going to see thongs. You'd probably see the Taiwan tourists dressed for clubbing on the beach. The north end of the island is very different than the south. People are rude and it always seemed like the house techs were out to hang you. Taipei, however, had many friendly ladies. And some pretty good watering holes. I got married my last working trip there and have a 3 year, old made in Taiwan, boy. The best part about working in Taiwan was the longevity of the job; 1st time in the south it was 8+ mnths the 2nd time in the north was 11 mnths.
A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, gi

RADBASTARD

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2003, 08:11 »
peteydude,
       Yes brazil was a good time.Have you been practicing speaking pork and cheese as one of our techs use to like to call it.I just love how the house techs said they didn't speak english except when they had to.

You just had to love the gay big black brazilian deconner that tried to pick up on the american techs and we know who that was? He reminded me of damon wayens on in living color,he was so flamboyant.Like when doing men on films and books.

You have to think about going to brazil for the SGRP if they want americans again? The city of praia brava and mumbucaba were good place to stay movie theatre,resturants,supermarkets,bars,and clubs,but now I heard they are putting up workers in the new 4 star hotel do bosque.

Rio is the ultimate party city,only 3 hours by bus to by car to the north.

I think if they do an sgrp it could take longer then the calvert cliffs on that took 6 months a 100 days longer that expected in 2002.Can you say ca-ching.

Taiwan sounds like a good gig.I think UNCABUFFALO would have went crazy there.He love those kinda places

Offline housedude

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2003, 01:31 »
God Bless "fio dental" bikinis and those that inhabit them.
I'd like to go back, but the last coordinator was such a monkey spank, I'd have to make sure you were the leader or someone who could at least spread the pork and cheese on well to the Cariochas. Keep me abreast of the situation. (pun intended).
A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, gi

RADBASTARD

« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2003, 08:30 »
Well I could at least tell the workers all the hot spots in brazil to check out.The married guys didn't seem to have a problem checking them out the last few times down there.

Peteydude,you have to just love how you can sit your beer on the top of the girls butt and it won't fall off,even with them wearing those dental floss bikini's.

Oh how we miss the 4 B's -BEER,BIKINI'S,BARS,AND BAR-B-Q that's down there.

I BET THE LINE WILL BE LONG FOR THOSE HP'S WANTING TO THERE FOR THE SGRP IF THEY USE US AMERICANS AGAIN.

The line forms behind me!

RADBASTARD

Re: Overseas plants to work at
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2006, 05:17 »
Well peteydude the SGRP for brazil is now scheduled for 2008 im not sure if it's the fall or spring.
I can't wait to work there again and now we have a house there so we can party and we are putting in a pool there this year so bring your speedo's.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2006, 10:26 by RadBastard »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2006, 10:39 »
MARRISM,YOUR RIGHT.
Well I don't think portuguese and spanish are close at all.
I understand brazilian portuguese, but it is very different from portugal or portuguese from the azores.

thank you = OBRIGADO -PORTUGUESE   grasias -spanish not even close for 1 example.

Who care's if they don't speak english,its the adventure.

Start planning for the sgrp it should be a money maker

so tudo mundo preciso falla portuguese por trabalho im ANGRA 1 SGRP
lafeet- aprende portuguese  LAFEET -LEARN PORTUGUESE

MARRSIM ,uncabuffalo,age old tech,craps7,peteydude,lafeet,and even hamsamich-love to have you in brazil we would have a good time
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2006, 10:42 by RadBastard »

LaFeet

« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2006, 03:04 »
I guess my previous post got whipped....

Hey RB  Muito obrigado!    ;)

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:59 »
I tried applying to the South Africans through their embassy in 1988. No luck  ??? Guess I needed to get out a few years earlier to catch the hiring wave.

I'd like to work the plants in Britain though. I hear the dining is gourmet, and the weather is nice  ;D Seriously, though, it would be great to work a UK facility and see how things are done elsewhere.

I havent worked anywhere there but england itself is fantastic, I wouldve stayed if I could have.  Two weeks just wasnt enough.  Now for the nukes themselves I think a magnox would be fun to play around in.  Many are decommissioning from what I understand though.  mmmmmm money!

alphadude

« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2006, 09:29 »
http://www.nda.gov.uk/  100 years of D&D work jessjen.. i got my res in!  the first wave is going over now with badcock. 

alphadude

« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2006, 04:35 »
when it goes bad its bab??? my old b&w days kicked in.

LaFeet

« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:33 »
Should I be afeered that it will go bad ???    I was thinking about applying.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2006, 04:42 »
There maybe alot of work cleaning up contamination in IRAN soon.

After we bomb their nuke sites and put our own JIHAD on their ass's.

I wish they would go and blow themselves up over there to meet their 72 virgins and save us the trouble.

If TEAM AMERICA was over there they would send them to meet ALLAH

AMERICA F*** YEAH!
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2008, 09:43 by Nuclear NASCAR »

diliigaf

« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2006, 04:55 »
There maybe alot of work cleaning up contamination in IRAN soon.

After we bomb their nuke sites and put our own JIHAD on their ass's.

I wish they would go and blow themselves up over there to meet their 72 virgins and save us the trouble.

If TEAM AMERICA was over there they would send them to meet ali.

AMEN!!!
        What is our oil doing under their soil???

LaFeet

« Reply #26 on: Mar 18, 2006, 04:59 »
I think I may actually be getting a hand on this here Por 2 Geese, thanks RadBastard

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?