Facility & Company Information > Peach Bottom

Nuclear Chem Tech

(1/4) > >>

johnnyhqle:
I just got the opportunity to test and interview for a Nuclear Chem Tech position for Exelon at Peachbottom PA. Does anyone have any opinions about the position/location? Any info would be appreciated.

Rennhack:

johnnyhqle:
Yeah Idk how I feel about driving through Amish town to get to work. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences working at Peach Bottom? I wish this was an operator or engineering position rather than a tech position.

Laundry Man:
Peach is out in the middle of nowhere as stated.  Back roads all the way in.  Starting as a Chem Tech doesn't sound so bad.  If you wanted the operator or engineer, why didn't you wait for those openings?
LM

RDTroja:

--- Quote from: johnnyhqle on Mar 07, 2013, 10:45 ---Yeah Idk how I feel about driving through Amish town to get to work. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences working at Peach Bottom? I wish this was an operator or engineering position rather than a tech position.

--- End quote ---

The Amish tend to live in areas that remain fairly undeveloped and unspoiled... not a bad ride through their neighborhoods, if you like natural settings. Nice folks to deal with, too... they tend to be honest and forthright.

--- Quote from: Laundry Man on Mar 08, 2013, 09:20 ---Peach is out in the middle of nowhere as stated.  Back roads all the way in.  Starting as a Chem Tech doesn't sound so bad.  If you wanted the operator or engineer, why didn't you wait for those openings?
LM
--- End quote ---

It is far better to wait for an opening on the inside than the outside. Transferring to ops from chemistry is probably a lot easier than entering ops from the outside... particularly if you can prove you are worth their time and training investment first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version