Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu George Matthews  

Author Topic: George Matthews  (Read 10452 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
George Matthews
« on: Apr 01, 2013, 02:40 »
George Matthews passed away last night after a long battle with cancer. He had his last Nuke job as a house tech at Wolf Creek, previously he had "rent-a-teched" many places.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: George Matthews
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2013, 08:58 »
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. George was a big help at the plant when I worked at Wolf Creek.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

pappy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2013, 08:58 »
I worked with Geoge in Ga & @ Calloway. He even spent time working on his motorcycle at my place....& his crazy dog stealing beer & hiding tools....
He will be missed. My thoughts & prayers to his family & friends...

Chimera

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2013, 12:20 »
I worked with George the first time at Byron in 1985 and the last time at Wolf Creek in 2008.  He was always unique and will be missed.

Mike K.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2013, 01:59 »
Haven't seen George in a long, long time. Always a fun guy and will miss him. Does anybody have any info on wakes or funeral home or such to send flowers, donations etc? If you don't want to post here please send me a PM with the info, I would be most apprecitive.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2013, 08:02 »
Haven't seen George in a long, long time. Always a fun guy and will miss him. Does anybody have any info on wakes or funeral home or such to send flowers, donations etc? If you don't want to post here please send me a PM with the info, I would be most apprecitive.

Saturday, April 6 2013
Visitation at 10:00 AM
Service at 11:00 AM

Bross And Spidle
217 W. Broadway St.
Excelsior Springs, Mo
(816) 630 3131

"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:35 »
Thank you darkmatter.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Buckeyes1

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:22 »
George was a very close friend of mine. He took me under his wing back in 1997 and taught me how to be a really good RP Tech. Then in 2007, I had the pleasure of being a ouse tech with him at Wolf Creek. My mother and my ex-wife used to babysit his youngest daughter. I spoke to him about a week before he passed. I was planning a trip to go see him, but I never got the chance. George was a mentor and a really good friend. He was the closest thing to an older brother I've ever had. My heart is broken, but I know he isnt suffering anymore.

Offline roosterfitz

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2013, 07:51 »
Is he the same G Matthews that we loved at Ginna?

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2013, 02:09 »
Well, Dang!  Worked with George at Perry during the start-up and warranty run.  A great guy to have on shift as he would work hard and keep things light.  I remember him passing me (I was doing 90 ) on a state highway going south one evening.  Passed me like I was standing still. RIP George.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2013, 11:59 »
A memorial service for George A. Matthews will be held
Sept. 7, 1 p.m., at the Hartford Community Center in
Hartford, Kan. George passed away on April 1, at his home
in Lawson, Mo.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?