Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Would I be competitive? (NUPOC)  

Author Topic: Would I be competitive? (NUPOC)  (Read 3630 times)

jbroccol

Would I be competitive? (NUPOC)
« on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:08 »
I heard about the NUPOC program at a career fair last fall. More recently, I have been looking into the program and it seems like a great opportunity. I have taken the first step to start the application process by contacting my local officer recruiter and plan on meeting with him next week. So far, I have read through many of these posts to get an idea of if I'm competitive or the acceptance rate of this program, but it seems there are a lot of conflicting details. Additionally, most of the posts I am finding are a few years old and I know requirements vary from year to year.

Currently, I am a finishing up my first year (currently a sophomore due to AP credit) at UNC-Charlotte pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering. My GPA is 3.27 and after this semester should be up to 3.33-3.4 depending on how I do. I got a 5 on my AP Calc AB exam, an A in Calc 2, a B in Physics 1, and am currently on track to get either a high B or low A in Physics 2. I'd want to go into SWO or Sub.

Also, any additional information on the application process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: Would I be competitive? (NUPOC)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2013, 11:57 »
Find your local Navy Recruiting District (NRD) and contact the Officer recruiter. Some districts make you talk to the enlisted recruiter first; just tell him you're interested in applying for OCS. He might try to pursuade you to enlist (that's his job), and he might do it by telling you that it's super duper competitive/impossible to become an officer (it is for him), esp. if you tell him you're interested in nuke (they get bonus points for that). Just politely tell him that you aren't interested in enlisting.

Unless the recruiting environment is really, really good, a 3.27 in electrical engineering will get you an interview at NR for nuke sub or swo.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?