Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mickey Franczak

Author Topic: Mickey Franczak  (Read 7099 times)

Offline DonDarHPs

• Very Lite User
  • !!
Mickey Franczak
« on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:43 »
Anyone that worked at Susquehanna knew Mickey, we are so sad to lose him!  Here is his obituary for anyone who did not get the news.  If you would like to contribute in his memory, go to the seeingeye.org website and list his name as tributee, when the money totals $5,000, they will name a future Seeing Eye pup in his memory.

W. Michael "Mickey" Franczak, 52, of Shickshinny, died Tuesday afternoon (4/2/2013) in Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.

He was born Aug. 9, 1960, in Berwick, and was the son of the late William J. and Elizabeth A. Yanosik Franczak.

He received his bachelor's degree in physics from Albright College, Reading.

Mickey worked for PPL Corp. for 30 years in the health physics department.

He was a member of St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Berwick, a graduate of The Seeing Eye program, National Rifle Association, Nescopeck Hunting and Rifle Club, Otelaunee Rod and Gun Club, and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers AFL-CIO Local Union 1600.

Mickey enjoyed hunting, fishing, golfing, football and baseball.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a niece Donna M. Fisher.

He is survived by a sister Rebecca "Becky" Smith, Estill Springs, Tenn.; two nieces, Nicole E. and Amanda M. Smith; two nephews, Michael J. and David M. Smith; a great niece Renna Skye Smith.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday in St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, 1730 Fowler Ave., Berwick, with the Rev. Francis Tamburro, as celebrant.

Burial will be in Pine Grove Cemetery, Walnut Street, Berwick. Visitation will be held 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at James L. Hinckley Jr. Funeral Home, 1024 Market St., Berwick, with a prayer service at 7 p.m.

Contributions in his memory may be made to The Seeing Eye Inc., P.O. Box 375, Morristown, N.J. 07963-0375.

blackballedsnake

Re: Mickey Franczak
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2013, 04:39 »
Very sad news indeed. :( I worked SSES outages from 1995 to 2005...I had some great times when I was there. To everyone at SSES's HP Dept: I will truly miss Mickey, and I know all of yinz will too. All of my best to everyone, and to all who knew Mickey best...both on and off-site.  - Michael T. Shaffer.  aka: Snake.

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2013, 08:22 »
Made a lot of trips to the "secret Spot" after nightshifts!

Love ya Mick.

Offline cjhunter

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2013, 08:27 »
So sorry to hear of Mickey passing. Have lots of great memories of Mick....One especially, when we took Mickey and Archer bar hopping....Hello....Hello my friend. Will see you up in heaven when i get there Mick. Love you...!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2013, 01:05 »
RIP Mickey.....I still tell stories about Mickey's incredible photographic memory of the ENTIRE plant.  Nothing like being told to make sure I watch my head on this certain pipe hanger right inside the steam tunnel by a blind guy....makes me smile.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2013, 11:04 »
RIP mick!
 :(

friend of mic

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2013, 08:44 »
Hi.  I am a college friend of Mic, and many of us had no idea he was so sick.  He stopped returning emails and I figured it was due to his blindness.  Many of us were shocked and very saddened to learn about his passing in the college newspaper. 

I wanted to let you and all Mic's co-workers and friends know that his Zeta Omega Epsilon college fraternity brothers and football teammates are gathering for a memorial of sorts for Mic at Albright College Homecoming on Saturday October 19th, 2013.  We will be amongst all the tailgaters behind the football stadium.

Albright College Homecoming
N 12th Street at Exeter Street
Reading, PA

10am – We will have a tent set up in the open grass area at N 12th St and Exeter St, Reading, PA, behind the football stadium. 

We are planning to have hamburgers, hotdogs, and of course…beer… (after all, it's a party FOR Mic)

12pm – We will take a group shot of all those who have shown up in memory of Mic.

12:30pm – We will enter the football stadium from the corner of Exeter St and N 12th St. 
His friends and family will all gather on the football field.  The game announcer will then acknowledge us and will make a statement about Mickey's passing earlier this year and list some of his record-setting accomplishments as the field goal kicker during his time with the team.  There will also be a photo of Mic and a list of his accomplishments in the game program.

1pm
The Homecoming football game starts.  I'll assume most people will return to the tent for burgers and beer.

4pm
The beer usually runs out and everyone heads to Ronie's Bar to finish out the night.  Many of us have made reservations at the local hotels.

Ronie's
936 Exeter Street
Reading, PA 19604
(610) 373-7400

Please feel welcome to join us and let me know if you can attend.  We'll be sharing stories about the Mickey we all knew and loved, and we would love to hear yours.  Also please send this invitation on to all that knew him and would like to attend. 

Please let me know if you, or anyone else can make it.  Also please use my email below for any communications.

Ken Borland
ken_borland@hotmail.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?