Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Main Control Board Cleanliness- the floor's filthy

Author Topic: Main Control Board Cleanliness- the floor's filthy  (Read 8196 times)

Offline Torgmada

• Very Lite User
Hey folks,
I'm trying to figure out a good way to clean the flooring (vinyl tiles) right in front of the main control board. I mopped up some coffee stains the other day, and scrubbed up some tape residue as well.

This left one bright, clean spot in a sea of dirty tiles, and now the clean spot stands out.

I don't see running a full size floor scrubber next to the main control board to get everything up to snuff, and I don't see anyone doing it by hand on overtime either.

So here's my question:
How do you guys keep the floor by the main control board clean?
Is there some Electro Magnetic Discharge- safe floor scrubber out there I should be aware of? Do you use swiffer wetjets or some house hold product along those lines? Do you scrub it by hand from time to time? Does a cleaning crew come in during outages?

Or do you just mop up the occasional coffee stain and let it be dirty? I'm sure I can obtain

Thanks,
Torg (RO)

MacGyver

Re: Main Control Board Cleanliness- the floor's filthy
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2013, 09:48 »
Hey folks,
I'm trying to figure out a good way to clean the flooring (vinyl tiles) right in front of the main control board. I mopped up some coffee stains the other day, and scrubbed up some tape residue as well.

This left one bright, clean spot in a sea of dirty tiles, and now the clean spot stands out.

I don't see running a full size floor scrubber next to the main control board to get everything up to snuff, and I don't see anyone doing it by hand on overtime either.

So here's my question:
How do you guys keep the floor by the main control board clean?
Is there some Electro Magnetic Discharge- safe floor scrubber out there I should be aware of? Do you use swiffer wetjets or some house hold product along those lines? Do you scrub it by hand from time to time? Does a cleaning crew come in during outages?

Or do you just mop up the occasional coffee stain and let it be dirty? I'm sure I can obtain

Thanks,
Torg (RO)

Torg,

We use carpet.  No tile.  And I bet you can guess when we replace the carpet.  Hint: Once every two years or so.  ;)

Mac

Offline Torgmada

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2013, 10:56 »
Oh don't even get me started on the carpet that starts three feet from the control board. Like yours, it needs to be replaced every couple years; in reality it took a year just to get it cleaned- which didn't help much.

On the bright side, I can say that's a strategy adopted 'in the industry'

Chimera

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2013, 12:46 »
Maybe if you bought carpeting that matches the color of the dirty carpeting, you wouldn't notice it as much and it wouldn't have to be replaced as often.  /s

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:03 »
Oh don't even get me started on the carpet that starts three feet from the control board. Like yours, it needs to be replaced every couple years; in reality it took a year just to get it cleaned- which didn't help much.

On the bright side, I can say that's a strategy adopted 'in the industry'

Could always just use unqualified sailors aux operators to get on all fours and wash and wax it with sponges...another time-honored nuclear strategy  ;)

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:10 »
If you think that the floor in front of the panel is filthy, then I strongly suggest you not look inside. ;)
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Offline Torgmada

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:29 »
If you think that the floor in front of the panel is filthy, then I strongly suggest you not look inside. ;)
That's actually surprisingly clean. The filters on the air intakes to the MCB are well maintained.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:47 »
We replace our carpet tiles everytime INPO rolls through.  :-\

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

mwdavis

« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2013, 03:22 »
We have a dark purple "at the controls" carpet strip in front of all the boards that defines what essentially is a two foot zone for non-operators to stay out of.....The dark color hides the stains very well.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?