Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Nuke Machinist mate looking for jobs.

Author Topic: Navy Nuke Machinist mate looking for jobs.  (Read 9822 times)

Offline lotzk

• Lurker
Navy Nuke Machinist mate looking for jobs.
« on: Apr 21, 2013, 07:27 »
I am looking at all options in any location. Honorably discharged!

Resume on google drive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aFWRj1cmFWf1KA1fiGF-YvdvvT1fkq_tkVjpmuNdUWo/edit

Thanks!

Offline SpaceJustice

• Moderate User
  • SRO ILT
Re: Navy Nuke Machinist mate looking for jobs.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2013, 08:29 »
I am looking at all options in any location. Honorably discharged!

Resume on google drive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aFWRj1cmFWf1KA1fiGF-YvdvvT1fkq_tkVjpmuNdUWo/edit

Thanks!

For nuclear work I recommend going to each company's website and seeing what jobs are available.  If you see a job you like that you could conceivably be qualified for, look into the posting for job requirements.  If it still looks good send them your resume.  Repeat.  So far it has worked well for me.

drayer54

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2013, 11:11 »
1) Hazmat Logistics Support.... Nice

2) You're references may not like you posting their info on the net.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2013, 11:23 »
3. Do y'all have any of those Color By Number shirts with a Hank Jr. logo in a 3XL?

On-topic:  Follow SpaceJustice's advice. And yes, I'd modify the resume to "references on request"

drayer54

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2013, 11:26 »
References available IMO is just wasted space. Obviously, they will get them if they want the references. I'd delete it all together.

:-\ Hazmat Logistics  :'( I just love the way it doesn't sound like "midnight grease chaser".

bigdog46

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2013, 09:24 »
I think you mean relative bearing grease chaser.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2013, 09:30 »
Delete the entire education section, unless you've earned a degree.

What are those random dates floating around your skills? Like 2009 just hanging out there. I'd probably just delete that entire section as well. If you don't delete it, at least don't let one skill carry onto the next page.

No one gives a sh*t about your honors. Delete them.

Expound on "other experience." Find a way to make it relevant to what you're applying for now.

Delete references.

Describe your navy time better, since that is your only selling point. Ask one of the skimmers here, *cough*Drayer*cough* for help with that.

Justin

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2013, 09:31 by Higgs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2013, 10:24 »
What a great opportunity to dredge up one of our old favorites. Something like: If only your Navy lineage had the most coveted of all acronyms, your personal set of dress blues were the only uniform authorized to wear an S emblazoned cape, the demanded choice on the ships company watch-bill on both the Admirals and Gods vessels, yes; all in the know know the supreme beings, the anointed few, the bearers of the wind-hewn torch, the only necessary resume data point after you name - ELT. Let the random and for intent volleys commence.(Nothing allowed on basic sentence structure, punctuation, etc. - My surviving synapse was recently bombarded with neutrally charged particles bearing factors of their performance abilities of 3 & 10) A great nuclear day to all. MM2/ELT USS Nimitz CVN-68 80-84 BOHICA.
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2013, 10:34 by fiveeleven »

Offline VCSInstNuke

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2013, 12:09 »
You may want to look into some of the acronyms you are using as well. Not sure how well OMMS and SOMs translate in the civillian world, but I don't think OMES is the right acronym. The concern is someone reads your resume and actually know what you are trying to say, but realize you don't know what the acronym means... Just a thought.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: Re: Navy Nuke Machinist mate looking for jobs.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2013, 12:06 »
Your resume is full of what you did but devoid of accomplishments.

Completing the Navy nuke pipeline should be one education line, not 3, if you keep it at all.

Offline modex

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2014, 04:16 »
NPTU Ballston Spa, not NNPU.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?