Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Is this true of what an EM does?

Author Topic: Is this true of what an EM does?  (Read 22091 times)

Offline EM UMPTY SQUAT

• Light User
Re: Is this true of what an EM does?
« Reply #25 on: Jul 26, 2013, 11:35 »
The replies in this thread are absolutely hilarious.

Butttt, back to reality, I THINK what they are trying to tell you is.... EVERYONE CLEANS
EM- Maintain electrical equipment, switchboards, circuit breakers, motors, generators etc etc
ET- Sit in air conditioned room and play magic the gathering in free time, but really are the REACTOR OPERATORS they sit at the little panel and mess everything up and then the EM's and MM's have to figure out what they did and fix it.
MM- Maintain pumps, valves, take samples from the plant (ELT) , club each other with hammers

Offline SpaceJustice

• Moderate User
  • SRO ILT
« Reply #26 on: Jul 27, 2013, 12:21 »
The replies in this thread are absolutely hilarious.

Butttt, back to reality, I THINK what they are trying to tell you is.... EVERYONE CLEANS
EM- Maintain electrical equipment, switchboards, circuit breakers, motors, generators etc etc
ET- Sit in air conditioned room and play magic the gathering in free time, but really are the REACTOR OPERATORS they sit at the little panel and mess everything up and then the EM's and MM's have to figure out what they did and fix it.
MM- Maintain pumps, valves, take samples from the plant (ELT) , club each other with hammers

That's interesting, I have distinct memories regarding electricians having to be reminded to parallel in phase/match voltages/not drop buses by the Reactor Operator.  Let's also not forget that on submarines RC Div qualifies E Div's watches as well as their own, so we can essentially do their job.   ;D

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2013, 04:31 »
That's interesting, I have distinct memories regarding electricians having to be reminded to parallel in phase/match voltages/not drop buses by the Reactor Operator.  Let's also not forget that on submarines RC Div qualifies E Div's watches as well as their own, so we can essentially do their job.   ;D
The VA class was designed to only have a single ET as PPO. It's required that two sit at the station, though.

Offline SpaceJustice

• Moderate User
  • SRO ILT
« Reply #28 on: Jul 27, 2013, 04:53 »
The VA class was designed to only have a single ET as PPO. It's required that two sit at the station, though.

Backup is never a bad thing.  We went to KAPL for some training on new equipment and got to see some other maneuvering designs, the VA class is pretty impressive.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jul 27, 2013, 06:37 »

Does that mean no electrical panel or throttles station??

Offline SpaceJustice

• Moderate User
  • SRO ILT
« Reply #30 on: Jul 27, 2013, 09:29 »
Does that mean no electrical panel or throttles station??
I guess without compromising NNPI I can say: Kinda?

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Jul 27, 2013, 09:45 »
Backup is never a bad thing.  We went to KAPL for some training on new equipment and got to see some other maneuvering designs, the VA class is pretty impressive.
Maybe guys who work at NR can give more info on why there have to be two operators. When we were shown the maneuvering area, the guys working the design end were visibly disappointed at the decision to not man the station as intended.

Also, EMs aren't authorized to operate the throttles on S9Gs.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2013, 09:47 by spekkio »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #32 on: Jul 27, 2013, 10:02 »
I guess without compromising NNPI I can say: Kinda?

OpSec trumps curiosity  8)

Thanx

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?