1 (1.1%)
Evil Genius
6 (6.5%)
Incompetent Boob
0 (0%)
Other, you tell me
26 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Nuclear Spouse  (Read 29711 times)

ratwife

Nuclear Spouse
« on: Dec 20, 2003, 10:07 »
My Spouse is a Nukeworker and an Evil Genius which has to be kept firmly in control, else he may hurt himself  ::)

What does your Spouse do and what do you think of it. (Be nice)
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2004, 05:20 by Rennhack »

Austria

Re: Nuclear Spouse
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2003, 10:18 »
My spouse is an export manager for an Austrian firm. She gets to travel all over the place as her territory is most of Europe and Central/South America. Good thing she speaks 5 languages.  :o

Yep...intelligent, good lookin', makes good money, and somehow keeps coming back home to me. I am SUCH a lucky guy.  ;D

DainJer

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2003, 01:55 »
Mine is the best of all! But not A NUKEWORKER....

(I noticed Austria had to edit his *snigger*)

Doc_REM

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2003, 02:23 »
Lost 2 wifes to this business!!! And gained 1 !!!

How's that for odd's ???

I love what I do and so does she...VERY LUCKY!!!

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2003, 04:51 »
Mine is the reason I don't live in a box under an overpass.  Just ask her.  She is way smarter and way better looking than I should have, but there is that spark there (or is that static).  
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2003, 05:54 »
My Ex spouse was a nuke worker but had other priorities, I am a nuke worker :D

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2003, 07:47 »
My Spouse is a Nukeworker and an Evil Genius which has to be kept firmly in control, else he may hurt himself  ::)

What does your Spouse do and what do you think of it. (Be nice)

Hey, I resemble that remark, and I'm not telling how I voted. :-*
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

DeathDose

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2003, 08:46 »
My spouse is an export manager for an Austrian firm. She gets to travel all over the place as her territory is most of Europe and Central/South America. Good thing she speaks 5 languages.  :o

Yep...intelligent, good lookin', makes good money, and somehow keeps coming back home to me. I am SUCH a lucky guy.  ;D

Austria, Does she have any single sisters??

Austria

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2003, 11:10 »

Austria, Does she have any single sisters??

Sorry, she has a twin sister and she's married too.  :-[

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2003, 04:58 »
My wife is a nurse, never been a nuke.  She's put up with me and my profession for twenty-something years now.
And they said it wouldn't last! ;)
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

JassenB

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2003, 08:08 »
Spouse is a computer engineer at Hewlett-Packard, which means she supports my butt 10 times over while I try to figure out what I'm doing with my life. So that makes her smarter, richer, AND better looking than me.

Now if I could just get some of my business associates to quit leering at the picture of her I keep in the office......

-J

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2003, 03:12 »
Spouse is an over-worked housewife. My sons are 9, 13, 14, and 15. I make enough in the Nuke industry for her to stay home with the kids. As long as my life insurance policies don't exceed my replacement cost, I'm safe. ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2004, 10:33 »
My Spouse works at a childrens home for abused kids.  I respect her for this as it is very hard to be around the kids.  The stories are worse than imaginable but she stays the course.  Somebody has to show these kids some kind of sanity and love in their insane world of abusers and pedophiles.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2004, 09:20 »
My spouse is also a nukeworker, and her ex is a nukeworker (nice guy, too).
I have the house job, and she's on the road. Not the balance everyone expects, but it seems to work for us.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

whosez

« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2004, 11:36 »
My wife takes care of a 37 year old, a 4 year old, an a 6 month old. Um i'm the 37 year old. She does a very good job. We love her dearly.

greengoo

« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2004, 11:53 »
My wife takes care of a 37 year old, a 4 year old, an a 6 month old. Um i'm the 37 year old. She does a very good job. We love her dearly.
Good man.  Although I'm not married, my mom gets to deal with all of my hijinks.  Tearing down engines, working on computers, breaking stuff just so I can fix it, and so on.  My point is, Your spouse or whoever sticks with you really has to put up with more than any person can imagine.  My parents deal with all of the stuff I do, just as a spouse hopefully will someday.  However, that is a long way off for me.

radgal

« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2004, 05:06 »
Ex is a nukeworker, but current hubby is not in the biz at all.  I'll get all the dose in the marriage and that is just fine with me.  He keeps me happy.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 27, 2004, 05:16 »
Spouse?
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

janadele821

« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2004, 12:27 »
Spouse?
I have a husband who is going through a traininng program sponsored by Bartlett.
I personally think that Bartlett is a Union-busting corporation. How 
do I stop this kind of fungus from infecting my site?

jjordan

« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2004, 10:50 »
Bartlett isn't a union busting company. They have a non union shop, and a union shop, Bartlett Services. They are in the buisiness of furnishing bodies. Make money on union or non union, they'll send you whatever you want!  Excellent people! Kinda off topic here, we can discuss on the appropriate thread if you like! My ex worked a few nukes, but chose a much loftier career path "Wal Mart" Go figure, thats kinda why she is now an ex! ;)
JJ
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2004, 10:51 by JJordan »

rawtech

« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2004, 09:18 »
Mine is not my spouse yet, but I'm looking to remedy that this year. We have a new baby, and she had a 10 year old when we got together. At this time she takes care of the kids, but she is very ready to rejoin the workforce. She is absolutely the best there is. Prior to her pregnancy, she worked as a manager for a food service. When I would come home from working on the road, she would work 7 to 10 hours a day & come home (after I had slept all day) & wash clothes. When I offered to get off my duff & help, her response was "No you work hard when your working. This is your time to relax." Then she would tell me that there was a couple hundred in the drawer if I needed some money. Very Very beautiful. Easy going as can be. We've never faught. There's never been a reason to. It took me numorous years, as well as girlfriends to find her. I'm 33, very much in love, and never (And I mean NEVER) been happier in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I am a very very lucky man.                                Rawtech :D :D ;D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2004, 09:04 »
How 
do I stop this kind of fungus from infecting my site?
1) wash yer sight vary well, uzeen appropreat klenzers.  2)git anudder kinda fungus two infekt yer sight.  3) git funguyz 'n partee all sight.

back to the thread..... non-nuclear spouse has been dfr'd, prepping to cut the final perdiem cheque.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2004, 07:38 »
My parents deal with all of the stuff I do, just as a spouse hopefully will someday.  However, that is a long way off for me.

It happens when you least expect it. Its a myth that men choose and woo.  :P  Men are targeted and evaluated,  :-X  then convinced it was all their idea to begin with.  :-*
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:05 »
My soon to be spouse was in this biz before me. I was working in a another job in the plant. I knew her two years befor she even knew I was alive. Now we are getting married this spring/summer....both work as hp's and love our work. She is the boss at work though. I have no problem with that.
  Traveling together is nice too. Kinda like not really leaving home
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2004, 02:32 by Surveyors_mato »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2004, 01:56 »
Those are all wonderful feel-good stories. For those of you who have been in this "business" for any length of time, we can all agree that it is a grind to keep any kind of relationship, while employed by anything nuclear. It is a single-man or single-woman career. If you can work together and be together at home all the time, that's wonderful.

Bottom Line=The divorce or breakup rate in this industry has to be in the Top 5. Most sensible people would recommend against it, referring to someone just starting out in this world.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2004, 02:32 »
Well since I'm the non-nuclear wife, I guess I am the other (i've been called worse).

I am  a second generation nuclear spouse, my dad was a road tech, my mom traveled with him a lot and she stayed home other times. Once in awhile she worked at a site doing stuff like transporting film badges (way back when).

I basically grew up around this business, and my dad never allowed me to date a tech, funny thing is though that once I got married he offered my husband a job in the business. Go figure.

Henry and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in November 2004. I believe that knowing the business has been both a help to me and a thorn in my side, but we've stuck it out and have been happy, although at times I have been lonely. It wasn't so bad when we traveled together.

God, I started a book didn't I? Sorry.

Camella

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 15, 2004, 09:51 »
I just put it all together that you are married to Henry Black. I just left him down at Oak Ridge. I called your house a couple times. Now, I know who you are. Duh..How's my boy Henry doing?

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2004, 10:37 »
He's doing great. We got your message, sorry to have missed your call. Give us a try again.

workinman

« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2005, 07:54 »
Amen Dave!  Thou hath spoken the truth! 
                                                                   OWM

Sandralike

« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:01 »
My spouse (soon to be ex) is an electrican, but unfortunately he expects the world to be handed to him and I've had to babysit him throughout our relationship.  All of you out there with good spouses....take care of them! 

Gonzo

« Reply #30 on: Jul 18, 2006, 06:35 »
my wife manages a doctor's office..  over the last 13 years or so she's built it from a mom and pop operation to one of the most successful in the yakima (eastern washington state) area with nearly 20 employees...   

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:05 »
the former mr. jessjen (never married thank god) was also a nuke....learned the hard way why momma said not to date roadies even though when she said it she was still one and I was just starting. It was messy, but I got a beautiful severance package out of the deal...my darling son!

Fermi2

« Reply #32 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:19 »
the former mr. jessjen (never married thank god) was also a nuke....learned the hard way why momma said not to date roadies even though when she said it she was still one and I was just starting. It was messy, but I got a beautiful severance package out of the deal...my darling son!

That is a great attitude. Thank you :)

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:20 »
After many years of following me around and doing odd jobs, my wife started doing Junior RP work. She took a temp job between outages as a data entry clerk at an e-banking company. Seven years later she's the Senior Manager and running a division. I couldn't be prouder!

Now I plan my work around her career. Hey, she followed my dumb butt around, I figure it's my turn to follow her.
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #34 on: Aug 04, 2006, 07:41 »
My wife is mostly very tolorent of my lazy butt.  She is also an Interior Designer.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?